Looking for a game?

Jul 6, 2021 3:46 pm
This is an experiment to find out whether everyone has games and what sort of games people are looking for. The idea is to help GMs decide which games to run or possibly invite members into existing groups.

Perhaps you've always wanted to try out a particular system, genre, or setting.
Perhaps you're looking for a simple game for beginners.
It might be that a GM has space in an existing game or is looking for ideas for a new adventure.

Let us know here what type of game you're looking for.

Examples:
I'm looking for a dungeons and dragons game for beginners that will explain the rules to me.
I've always wanted to try The Expanse RPG.
I want to play in a game where I'm allowed to play a cigar-smoking barbarian space ape.

I can't promise you'll get your ideal game, but it has to be more likely if you let somebody know about it.
Jul 6, 2021 3:51 pm
Experiments are fun...

I really want to play a 5e D&D game as a Mystic.
Jul 6, 2021 4:10 pm
I don't currently have a game, but that's just because I only rejoined today.
I hope to be able to join a game soon~

My preferred Systems are DnD5e and anything PbtA, so I don't think I'll have to wait for too long.
I'm also open to any other Systems, just have to learn a lot more then.
Jul 6, 2021 4:14 pm
I would love to see some of the more obscure or less popular games being offered here. I tried to put together a Blue Planet game a while ago but didn't get enough interest. The quickstart is available for $5. Details are here from the interest check: https://gamersplane.com/forums/thread/20713/

Trying new stuff is fun and there are so many of those games out there. I am amazed at how many.
Jul 6, 2021 4:20 pm
I'm in some games and running/recruiting. Trying to get some buzz on Savage Worlds with something shortish that's done by Fall.
Then coming this fall or when I'm not too lazy to get my card and spend $5 a Genesys game where everyone plays magical familiars, kinda hoping it'd be like being Brain for Inspector Gadget but magical, also I needed to add a talking cat for a hook but I'd honestly just handwave Familars can talk to who they want to talk to and be understood...
Jul 6, 2021 4:28 pm
I'm more of an old-school guy. I enjoy D&D 5e, Pathfinder, and Savage Worlds but my passion is with the older, lesser-known systems such as Villains & Vigilantes, D&D 1e, Gamma World, and the like.
Last edited July 6, 2021 4:29 pm
Jul 6, 2021 5:10 pm
Adam says:

I want to play in a game where I'm allowed to play a cigar-smoking barbarian space ape.

Yes please!
Last edited July 6, 2021 5:10 pm
Jul 6, 2021 7:14 pm
''I'm looking for a dungeons and dragons game for beginners that will explain the rules to me.''

This is pretty much it for me...
Jul 6, 2021 7:29 pm
Since everyone is honing in on your examples...
Quote:
I've always wanted to try The Expanse RPG.
The last time an expanse game was started on here, I was still in the middle of book 2, I think. Now I'm caught up on the whole series and would be very much interested in playing in that setting. Though it seems very complex to run :D
Jul 6, 2021 8:17 pm
I want to play a cowboy one day :D

One that there's a gray hat rather than white or black, one that was crooked! Also he gets to fight zombies or something! (Yes, I'm describing Weird West)
Last edited July 7, 2021 12:24 am
Jul 6, 2021 8:21 pm
A Final Fantasy game, either FF7 or FF10 would be preferable but FF13 or FF15 could also work.

Some mix of technology/magic setting in that universe.

I am partial to Star Wars FFG/Genesys but been dabbling in 5e recently.
Jul 6, 2021 9:10 pm
I've got a bunch of games I'd love to try, namely a World of Darkness game or a SWADE one.
Jul 6, 2021 9:17 pm
A friend turned my attention towards a Star Wars 5e hack that I didn't get to play because of my lack of free time. Could be interesting I think.
Jul 6, 2021 9:49 pm
Looking for a Pathfinder 1e game still, and partial to the Elephant in the Room feat tax if that helps any
Last edited July 6, 2021 10:39 pm
Jul 6, 2021 9:51 pm
skeptical_stun says:
I want to play a cowboy one day :D

One that where's a gray hat rather than white or black, one that was crooked! Also he gets to fight zombies or something! (Yes, I'm describing Weird West)
Ideas percolating.
Jul 6, 2021 11:28 pm
LegionChimera7 says:
I've got a bunch of games I'd love to try, namely a World of Darkness game or a SWADE one.
You running or trying to learn the mechanics?
Jul 7, 2021 12:26 am
Both, I guess. I've been planning a One-Shot using the system for my partner, bit I'd also just like to play as a player.
Jul 7, 2021 5:55 am
But to answer the question:

I would like to play some D&D 5e level 3+. Especially in the Planescape setting

I would like to play some FATE
Jul 7, 2021 7:28 am
I would be interested in playing Gumshoe if anyone would be interested in running it.
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.