Looking for a game?

Be sure to read and follow the guidelines for our forums.

load previous
Jul 7, 2021 2:34 pm
This is a great idea, @Adam et al! Obviously I'm late to the conversation (which I gather started on Discord) but for what it's worth: Although people used to post both "push" and "pull" threads on the Games Tavern (more of the former, obviously) I imagine it's a lot less intimidating to post to a dedicated LFG thread like this than to start a new one. So kudos!

I have pinned this to the top of the Games Tavern forum.

A couple of small suggestions:
1. Maybe come up with a standard format for posts, even just one line at the top, that summarizes your request? And maybe in bold text or something? It's no issue now, but as this thread grows, such a format might make it easier for a potential GM skimming the thread to find someone in need.

2. In the same vein that LFP posts are now being marked *CLOSED* perhaps a similar open/closed system could be applied to posts here?
Jul 7, 2021 2:49 pm
Maybe something like
Quote:
Looking for
System: (e.g. D&D4e)
Style: (Oneshot/Episodic/Campaign/...)
Details: (Lots of combat, high-level, evil alignment)
We have: 2 players
We need: A GM, maybe 1-2 more players
And then you can elaborate in text underneath if you want.
Jul 7, 2021 2:55 pm
So, a whole separate Looking For Game forum?

"Games Tavern - Apply Within" for those who offering to start games, "Players for Hire" :P for those looking for one?
Jul 7, 2021 2:58 pm
Could be a subforum within the Games Tavern as well, or just a thread to respond to
Jul 7, 2021 2:59 pm
I'm looking for a Pathfinder or Savage Worlds game for beginners that will explain the rules to me
Jul 7, 2021 3:10 pm
BedzoneII says:
So, a whole separate Looking For Game forum?

"Games Tavern - Apply Within" for those who offering to start games, "Players for Hire" :P for those looking for one?
I vote to wait and see how the current setup does before building additional layers of subforums.
Jul 7, 2021 3:10 pm
bowlofspinach says:
Maybe something like
Quote:
Looking for
System: (e.g. D&D4e)
Style: (Oneshot/Episodic/Campaign/...)
Details: (Lots of combat, high-level, evil alignment)
We have: 2 players
We need: A GM, maybe 1-2 more players
And then you can elaborate in text underneath if you want.
Yeah I think that'd be great!
Jul 7, 2021 3:22 pm
runekyndig says:
I had a similar tread here https://gamersplane.com/forums/thread/21406/
Then may I suggest minimally at least a pinned post, otherwise older threads like these might be buried, and also that presumably over time we might otherwise end up with many of these threads.
Jul 7, 2021 3:26 pm
I did already pin this (@Adam's) thread and can also pin @runekyndig's thread but I suggest consolidating into a single thread instead. Unsure about the best way to go about it though.
Jul 7, 2021 3:56 pm
One pinned post for this thing, not multiple, I'd say. And it might make sense to make a new one once we have the format set (if we do want a fixed format. This thread is somewhat messy with a mix of both expressions of interest and discussion about this idea
Jul 7, 2021 3:57 pm
runekyndig says:
I would like to play some FATE
Any particular brand / flavor of Fate?
Jul 7, 2021 6:26 pm
Harrigan says:
runekyndig says:
I would like to play some FATE
Any particular brand / flavor of Fate?
Some modern fantasy - magic/supernatural elements in our modern world. I look for inspiration in the Dresden files (books) or The librarians, Warehouse 13, supernatural (TV-series)
Jul 7, 2021 6:32 pm
Urban Fantasy I'm eager for, both World in darkness or other systems.

Also would love to see a superhero game (Possibly M&M, but I have found that sometimes more simple systems like fate or Wushu are good for such games as well)

For those saying Pathfinder I may give it another go soonish, I've just had RL kicking me about atm (As Rizzo is aware) so I want to be sure I'm not gonna crash again before running.
Jul 8, 2021 6:27 am
runekyndig says:
I had a similar tread here https://gamersplane.com/forums/thread/21406/
Sorry man, I didn't mean to duplicate your thread. I read yours as an aspirational thing, a "Gosh, I wish people played more..." type of deal.

I wanted a more "Yo GP! I need a game of XYZ here! Stat!" type of thing.
Jabes.plays.RPG says:
A couple of small suggestions:
Yup. This is an experiment that (if it works) should evolve. I just wanted to get something off the ground to see if it flies. So things like bowlofspinach's format look good to me.

But questions like: Should we let this thread die at some point and start a new one? Will we need a subforum? Should we mark interest as closed? Dunno. Let's just see if this even helps in its goal of bringing parties together first.
Last edited July 8, 2021 6:43 am
Jul 8, 2021 6:30 am
Summary. Let me know if I have anything wrong.

Let us know if you get a game from here and I can remove you from the list.

D&D 5e
W4yw0rd (as a mystic)
Caesar
WhtKnt
mormegil (beginners' game)
runekyndig (level 3+. Especially in the Planescape setting)
Demagor (learning-how-to-play-it games only)

Any system
SJoyner72 (as a cigar-smoking barbarian space ape)
LightOfMidnight (urban fantasy)
Windyridge (obscure Games)
skeptical_stun (cowboy - weird west)

Pathfinder
WhtKnt
crazybirdman (game for beginners that will explain the rules to me)
LightOfMidnight
Rizzoxiii (1e)

Savage Worlds
Remnant
crazybirdman (game for beginners that will explain the rules to me)

Savage Worlds ADventuring Edition (SWADE)
LegionChimera7
WhtKnt

Fate
runekyndig (magic/supernatural elements in our modern world)
LightOfMidnight (a superhero game)

Genesys
Remnant (as magic familiars)
valdattaMadun

World of Darkness
LegionChimera7
LightOfMidnight (urban fantasy)

Blue planet
Windyridge

D&D 1e
WhtKnt

D&D 3.5e
Demagor

Expanse
bowlofspinach

Final Fantasy
valdattaMadun (FF7 or FF10 would be preferable)

Gamma World
WhtKnt

Gumshoe
rpgventurer

M&M
LightOfMidnight (a superhero game)

PBtA
Caesar (anything)

Star Wars (FFG)
valdattaMadun

Star Wars D&D 5e hack
Antiproduct

Villains & Vigilantes
WhtKnt
Edit: Crazybirdman has found a Savage Worlds game.
Last edited July 8, 2021 7:54 pm
Jul 8, 2021 5:50 pm
One edit: WhtKnt can do SWADE Savage Worlds. I can technically do both, but I prefer SWADE. Thanks!
Jul 8, 2021 6:04 pm
Cheers. Most of it is jargon to me - I’m going to make mistakes.
Jul 8, 2021 7:20 pm
@Adam The above list is indicating players who are interested in those respective games/settings/rules?
Jul 8, 2021 7:36 pm
Yes. Playing a game using those systems or settings. So if someone want to run a game then they know what there’s a demand for. If someone is already running a game but has some spare space then they know who to approach.

That’s the idea, anyway. I collated the list from the comments above it. If people continue posting what they want to play then I’ll create a new list here next week.

Edit: thank you for asking. It wasn’t clear what that list was for. 🤷‍♂️ It’s a process.
Last edited July 8, 2021 7:38 pm
Jul 8, 2021 7:44 pm
My pleasure!

That said, please add me to the D&D 3.5E list and the D&D 5E list; the latter with the condition of (learning-how-to-play-it games only).
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.