Chapter 1: Menace Under Otari

load previous
Mar 9, 2022 2:37 am
Once you have a chance to look in the pit, it's actually only about 20 ft deep. Not near as scary as it looked in the midst of battle.

Checking the boss's corpse, you realize you won't even need to pick the lock as he has the key! You use it on the chest and find within:
a silver bracelet with a fish pattern worth 5 gp, a very old map that depicts some strange-looking dungeon, a smoking sword with a dwarven face carved into the hilt, a wand of heal, 2 healing potions, and a hat of disguise.
Mar 10, 2022 7:32 pm
Please tell me I'm not the only one worried there appears to be a hatched egg?'
Mar 13, 2022 6:06 am
"It is, uh, troublesome," Ezren acknowledges, "but likely a baby Kobold. The question would be, where is its mother." His eyes humorlessly pass over the corpses. "On second thought, I'd really rather not know."

He picks up the hat from the chest, dusts it off, and after realizing what it is hands it to Merisiel. "I think you might make good use of this, should you wish to be sneaky. It will allow you to take on another appearance for a time."
OOC:
Ezren will roll up and store the 'strange old map depicting the dungeon'.

Naatkinson - does Ezren's shared senses with his bird show him the lay of the land in the pit - other exits/entrances, dangers, things of interest?
Last edited March 13, 2022 6:06 am
Mar 13, 2022 3:26 pm
Valeros will take the smoking sword and swing it experimentally. "Smoking!"
Mar 13, 2022 3:27 pm
She takes the hat from Ezren and after figuring out what it does, says, "You don't like the way I look? I'm shocked and betrayed."
Mar 13, 2022 4:56 pm
"Oh, my dear Merisiel," Ezren laughs, "If that were the issue, I'd give you a bag to put over your head. You know my, uh, proclivities towards the elven sort. No, no, this hat will simply allow you look less stabby for a time."
Mar 13, 2022 10:00 pm
'That is a very big kobold my friend.' Kyra eyes the shell even as she goes to look at the wand. 'It may aid me to hold onto this, it will aid me tend your wounds. The potions may be good to if I can't get to someone in a timely manner. Meri and Val perhaps?'
Mar 14, 2022 12:58 am
The pit, according to Ezren's familiar, is simply that. An empty hole in the ground.
Mar 14, 2022 6:58 am
"Yes, well," Ezren says, swallowing hard, "In light of that, maybe its best we don't hang around here to find out what was in the egg." He recalls his familiar and tucks it away into a pocket of his robe. "There's nothing of interest in the pit," he adds, "I guess there's just one way for us to go."

Ezren begins to head towards the exit that angles upwards, closer to the surface, but will gladly let Valeros head in front.
OOC:
I don't know why I was thinking the 'pit' was like an exit deeper into the cave system. All clear now.
Mar 15, 2022 12:31 am
Valeros swings his sword a couple more times. "Look at it smoke! I can't wait to stab..." he looks at Kyra, "um, snow! Imagine the steam!" Swish, swish.

"Ready, firends?" He leads the way into the side passage.
Mar 15, 2022 12:49 am
You head through this new passage and come into a large cavern. Towering yellow mushrooms cover the floor of this vast cave, some reaching over ten feet in height. They seem to emit a pale light, giving the entire chamber an eerie glow. Shattered remnants of barrels—torn open with their contents nowhere to be seen—lay scattered around the base of the mushrooms. Somewhere off on the far side of the chamber, something stirs, and a faint snarl comes from the shadows.
Mar 15, 2022 1:41 am
He motions Merisiel move off to the side. "Ready?"

He whistles, long and sharp.
Mar 19, 2022 1:24 am
In response to the whistle, a bright-green dragon leaps into view, and although the beast isn’t much larger than you, large leathery wings and snapping jaws make the hatchling look like an ancient wyrm. The creature gazes at you with cunning eyes and snorts a cloud of yellow vapor. With a fierce roar, the dragon charges forward to attack!

Map
OOC:
Go ahead and roll your initiative. If you beat the dragon, go ahead and act immediately!

Rolls

Perception (Init) - (1d20+11)

(11) + 11 = 22

Mar 19, 2022 4:36 am
Ezren prepares himself, his readiness surprising even even the old man himself. Must be some of the magic water still flowing through my veins, he muses, pulling the stored charge of energy from his staff. The blue-hewed magical energy leeches from the head of his staff and swirls around his body, unleashing itself in a torrent of force missiles upon the hatchling dragon. "I don't know what our odds are here, friends - I haven't fought one of these before!"
OOC:
Using Arcane Bond to re-cast Magic Missiles, all 3 actions - 3 bolts at 1d4+1 each
Last edited March 19, 2022 4:44 am

Rolls

Perception - (1d20+5)

(20) + 5 = 25

Magic Missiles - (3d4+3)

(431) + 3 = 11

Mar 19, 2022 3:05 pm
Valeros steps forward from the others, "Keep spread out, no one close together."

Rolls

Perception - (1d20+6)

(6) + 6 = 12

Mar 19, 2022 3:06 pm
Merisiel is digusted with Valeros. Whistling, what a nincompoop!

Rolls

Perception - (1d20+8)

(7) + 8 = 15

Mar 19, 2022 8:31 pm
Val! We are talking later!' Kyra curses even as the creature rushes forward and she raises

'Bad dragon. Down!' She yells, for once her prayers not being directly addressed to Sarenrae, yet still filled with her power.
OOC:
1. raise shield. 2+3: Command for prone.
[ +- ] Command

Rolls

Perception - (1d20+7)

(7) + 7 = 14

Mar 22, 2022 12:47 am
OOC:
Sorry Kyra, you forgot to roll your initiative. I added it in and you didn't get it, so the dragon goes first.
Ezren manages to trio of missiles before the dragon can act, blasting hard into its scales and chipping several of them.

In response, the dragon rushes forward, opening its maw wide before unleashing a cloud of poison gas upon Valeros, Merisiel, and Ezren.
OOC:
1 action stride, 2 actions breath weapon

DC 24 Reflex save or take 20 damage.
Crit Success: no damage
Success: half damage
Failure: full damage
Crit Failure: double damage
Dragon: 11 damage taken
OOC:
Once saves are rolled and damage applied, you can all act (if you're alive)
Map

Rolls

Dragon Breath - (5d6)

(63614) = 20

Mar 22, 2022 1:27 am
Valeros hides behind his shield as the poison gas billows around them.
OOC:
Failed save - now at 4/32 hp
Choking, he rushes forward, and strikes at the deadly foe.
OOC:
Strike, Strike, Raise Shield
Changed attack on second roll to reflect Smoking Sword bonuses
Last edited March 22, 2022 2:23 am

Rolls

Reflex - (1d20+8)

(8) + 8 = 16

Melee attack, longsword - (1d20+10, 1d8+4)

1d20+10 : (16) + 10 = 26

1d8+4 : (1) + 4 = 5

Strike 2 - (1d20+11, 1d8+5)

1d20+11 : (13) + 11 = 24

1d8+5 : (5) + 5 = 10

Mar 22, 2022 1:31 am
Merisiel spins to the side trying to avoid the gas, too.
OOC:
Saves for half damage, now at 12/24hp
She moves around the back of the creature and strikes it twice.
OOC:
Stride (assuming if it's close enough to breathe on them she can get to flanking position with a single move), Strike, Strike
Last edited March 22, 2022 1:35 am

Rolls

Reflex save - (1d20+10)

(18) + 10 = 28

Strike with sneak attack - (1d20+8, 1d6+4, 1d6)

1d20+8 : (7) + 8 = 15

1d6+4 : (3) + 4 = 7

1d6 : (5) = 5

Strike with sneak attack - (1d20+8, 1d6+4, 1d6)

1d20+8 : (11) + 8 = 19

1d6+4 : (4) + 4 = 8

1d6 : (4) = 4

load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.