Hello nerds

Be sure to read and follow the guidelines for our forums.

Jul 15, 2021 4:02 pm
Hello everybody, I've played role-playing games for about a year now and i know how to play DnD5e, blades in the dark, and the burning wheel. I hope to learn more systems and to generally expand my nerd brain.
I'm mostly going to use this site to log my solo Gaming as I don't like playing online as much as playing in person, but it's still nice to know there's a community like this here!
It's nice to meet you all
Jul 15, 2021 4:04 pm
Welcome to GP. I solo from time to time too. Enjoy your time here!
Jul 15, 2021 4:06 pm
Oooh, a Burning Wheel person... maybe it's time to see if I can drum up another attempt at a game of that.

Anyway, welcome!
Jul 15, 2021 4:06 pm
Welcome, BlakeMaster!

If you want to see how GP functions, here are links to the New GP Member Guide, the forum rules and this video introduction made by user Qralloq. You might also be interested in looking through some public games as well to get a feel for the site.

To join a game, keep your eyes on the Games Tavern, where GMs advertise their games and look for players.

You're also invited to join us on the Discord server for some friendly conversation, about the site, RPGs in general or anything else!

If you have any concerns or questions, feel free to contact any of the following moderators:

bowlofspinach
CancerMan
Len
Naatkinson
Keleth (site owner)

Happy gaming!
Jul 15, 2021 4:13 pm
Welcome BlakeMaster
Jul 15, 2021 4:15 pm
Welcome, BlakeMaster!

As a fellow gamer who much rather prefers live gaming to PbP, I happen to live in a small, resort mountain community and no groups nearby (other than down the hill, and I'm not up for that) so I find that PbP is a suitable replacement.

You've come to a good place, too- the people here are spectacular. I've only recently begun to see this and experience it. They are genuinely good and selfless.
Last edited July 15, 2021 4:15 pm
Jul 15, 2021 4:19 pm
Nerds? Are they.. are they talking to us?

https://media4.giphy.com/media/YVGvyL0eAd0ic/giphy.gif

Welcome to GP.
Jul 15, 2021 4:31 pm
Welcome aboard
Jul 15, 2021 4:34 pm
Welcome!
Jul 15, 2021 4:40 pm
Welcome!
Jul 15, 2021 4:48 pm
emsquared says:
Oooh, a Burning Wheel person... maybe it's time to see if I can drum up another attempt at a game of that.
I’d love to join a game of burning wheel, I managed to get my players to try out the sword demo and they didn’t quite vibe with it lol.
Jul 15, 2021 5:13 pm
Welcome, BlakeMaster. Impressive set of games to learn considering you're new to the hobby! If you're big on soloing, you probably already know about Ironsworn, but if not... check it out!
Jul 15, 2021 5:13 pm
BlakeMaster says:
emsquared says:
I’d love to join a game of burning wheel, I managed to get my players to try out the sword demo and they didn’t quite vibe with it lol.
Yea, it can be a difficult game to vibe with... Particularly the Sword can be a bit more PVP than a lot of ppl are comfortable with, tho don't know obviously if that was your/their issue. I like the PCs Beliefs to come at each other in a little bit more oblique angles...

I've ran and played in a couple of mildly successful games of it in the PBP format here at GP. I think it's actually a pretty great system for PBP, as one roll can encapsulate SO much narrative. The only troubles I've ever had with it were retaining players, and so, really a format/PBP issue, not the system.

I'll have to evaluate my game-load... but good to know you're out there!

Enjoy the forum.
Jul 15, 2021 8:20 pm
Hello and welcome!
Jul 15, 2021 9:18 pm
Welcome, Blake! I've tried some solo gaming here too. It's a neat itch to scratch.

Len

Jul 16, 2021 1:00 am
Welcome aboard!
Jul 16, 2021 1:33 am
Welcome, BlakeMaster!
Jul 16, 2021 2:46 pm
hello and welcome

You do not have permission to post in this thread.