Lack of updates

Be sure to read and follow the guidelines for our forums.

May 11, 2016 2:26 pm
I wanted to apologize to all of you for the lack of forward progress on GP these last few weeks. I've been talking a lot about features I'm working on, from a massive forum update to new character sheets, and you guys haven't seen any of it. Bug fixes have been slow to implement or not happening at all, and the supposed update podcast I keep saying I'll record hasn't happened.

I don't really have a good reason for the slowdown/stoppage. It's not really an excuse, but my depressions been kicking hard these last few weeks, I think mostly because pretty much all my social activity was weekly board games with friends, and that stopped late last year. I'm trying to figure out new ways to work through it, though obviously it hasn't really worked so far.

GP keeps growing, and that means the work I have to put into it keeps growing, and I'm trying to keep up, and obviously I'm falling behind. I hope I can get a bit more patience from all you wonderful people on getting everything for the site done.
May 11, 2016 2:38 pm
You do awesome work here, Keleth. Speaking for myself, this community helps keep me sane. So anything we can do to help you, just let us know.
May 11, 2016 2:41 pm
You're doing a great job, man. Take whatever time you need to work on it and we will happily sit here and game :)

Let us know if there's anything we can do to help, I'm sure most people here would be happy to do whatever they can to keep GP running smoothly.
May 11, 2016 3:08 pm
sounds like you need to have some people helping you run or code the site. it's gotten to be more than a one man job
May 11, 2016 3:27 pm
No worries dude! The site is awesome as it is, don't stress about adding/upgrading things. As far as I can tell there's nothing urgent needing doing anyway. Look after yourself first, then the site.
May 11, 2016 4:16 pm
My thoughts have already been spoken by others. You've done a great job so far man. Don't be too hard on yourself. ;)
May 11, 2016 6:58 pm
I did notice a slow down, but the site works great and I'm not waiting for anything to be implemented. We got your back, Keleth, and appreciate everything you do.
May 11, 2016 7:07 pm
I consider a lot of the requested updates in the "Nice to have" category and personally don't expect them to come to fruition until Keleth is good and ready. Whenever something appears broken, you've been rather quick to try and fix things. All in all, I think this place is doing quite well given that you're doing all of this for free!

Thank you!
May 11, 2016 8:50 pm
I think you're doing a fantastic job, Keleth. You and your health come first. We got your back.
May 11, 2016 9:02 pm
Gamers Plane gives me what I need. You get what you need.
May 11, 2016 9:08 pm
Yep, I agree with the everyone else. You do good work on this site, on top of working your actual job at the same time. Just remember that your mind is a muscle that needs rest like any other part of your body, so when you make a mistake don't beat yourself up over it ALL the time.

//Handle
May 11, 2016 9:44 pm
Ibid the above. I get depression (it's a family spectre) so sometimes it is what it is regardless of whether or not you feel or think it should be. Funny thing about the brain.

Take care of yourself first and foremost. We'll workaround things that are on the list until you get the time and energy to take care of 'em.
May 11, 2016 10:34 pm
The site rocks, Dude. We all know this is a labor of love that we all greatly benefit from - get to things (or not) when you get to them and don't be shy about pointing out that little orange button on the bottom right from time to time.
May 11, 2016 10:43 pm
Heh, i probably should szemely, but as you've pointed out, this has never been about the money for me.

I can promise you guys and gals, this was not a cry for attention, but I appreciate the support. GP is something I continue to work on, depression or not, just some days harder to get something meaningful done on. I need to find a new coping mechanism and I should be ok.
May 11, 2016 11:37 pm
Teamspeak and a video gamer clan? :) SG ain't perfect, but they are nice. :)
May 12, 2016 12:05 am
falryx says:
I've considered setting up a Mumble server on GP, validating it off your GP users, but it'd cost me more right now :p
May 12, 2016 1:21 am
Keleth, the site is fantastic as is. Anything added now is icing on the cake. If you're ever in MN let me know, game night will have to happen.

GP has really kept me gaming during a tough time with a newborn who is NOT sleeping well and a three year old who is GO all the time. Without GP I would never get any tabletop games in. My in-person groups have pretty much all dried up since the new baby is born and it will likely be at least a year before it's feasible to play anymore.

It's why I keep joining into more and more games here. It's so fun to just get to actually play. It will never the be the same as in-perosn games, but I consider all the people I've played with on here my friends, and I think I can speak for most people using the site when I say you are our friend.

Hang in there, hopefully things will get better.
May 12, 2016 1:34 am
Keleth says:
falryx says:
I've considered setting up a Mumble server on GP, validating it off your GP users, but it'd cost me more right now :p
Discord is free if you just want a decent voice/chat place to hang around.

It's a really cool service. I'm a fan.

https://discordapp.com/
Last edited May 12, 2016 1:34 am
May 12, 2016 2:00 am
That's true, didn't consider Discord. Though I heard their servers get DDOS'ed a lot unless you set up your own. That's a pretty good option.
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.