Manor of Origin (REDUX)

load previous
Sep 7, 2021 2:58 pm
Luc approaches Gregory and whispers:: "The man you saw was probably one of those monsters. These cannibals seem to prefer to attack in a group, they are beastly but seem to retain some level of intelligence, we plan on trying to capture one next time we meet, maybe we can get some information from it. And yes, we are stuck, as far as we know, our only way out is to play the game the Voice has imposed on us. Although we have no guarantee that the entity will let us go if we join the Orbs."
Sep 7, 2021 5:08 pm
Gregory aknowledges Faux's explanation with a nod "That is good to know, yes. I thank you for the information."

He then points towards the condemned hallway. "The monster man with the knife, he went in there, I am sure. I think now is good moment to understand if we want to get him and make him talk, yes? Or avoid him entirely, also good idea. You know more..." he points to Faux, Inquisitor and Banshee "...what is best? I am not scared of a little fight if you think it is smart." he opens his jacket to reveal a revolver, a club and a few switchblades, all easily reachable in a quick motion should the occasion arise.
Sep 7, 2021 9:55 pm
"I mean, yeah! If we are lucky to have the opportunity to set a trap, your skills will be very useful! Let's see if we can find someone." Luc whispers to Gregory and walks trying to be as quiet as possible.
Last edited September 7, 2021 9:56 pm

Rolls

Stealth - (1d20+1)

(15) + 1 = 16

Sep 8, 2021 2:36 am
When Faux starts sneaking, Banshee hangs back. She's neither dexterous or subtle. "It's a thought. The murdering creature is deathly quiet, and yet wants to be heard, I think."
Sep 8, 2021 2:43 pm
Gregory falls in line behind Faux, light on his feet.

Rolls

Stealth - (1d20+5)

(20) + 5 = 25

Sep 8, 2021 7:49 pm
The group moving into the hallway stays low to the ground, avoiding the splintered floorboards and making no noise. For a moment there’s a shift in the air, a tangible tension, but then it’s gone. It would appear that the group has avoided notice for the time being.
All that’s left is to pick a door and explore.

Rolls

Murder Roulette - (1d100)

(11) = 11

Secret Roll

Sep 8, 2021 8:25 pm
"Alright, I think we should check the two doors in the hallway leading to the room where we found the big fella here and the little one. This way Chariot, Danzig".

Gharn leads the group towards the hallway with the severed arm.
OOC:
Lance notices the arm? What's his reaction?
"Let's take a look at the left one first, see where it leads."

Gharn stands in front of the door and checks it for anything unusual.

Rolls

Investigation - (1d20+4)

(13) + 4 = 17

Sep 8, 2021 8:31 pm
Gregory points to the severed arm "That is common sight in the house, yes? Or you just leave snack for the cannibal ghost? Very polite, yes!" he smirks as he follows the Inquisitor.
Sep 8, 2021 8:36 pm
The door itself is rather unimpressive, cracked in several places and scored in knife gashes. Under the trained investigative eye of the Inquisitor no traps are apparent. Opening the door, he finds what might have once been a laundry room. Now though it’s a decrepit mess of linen scraps and wood fragments. The only intact furniture is a cabinet. Several piles of shredded clothes dot the room. A door is on the south wall, already partly open.
Sep 8, 2021 8:36 pm
The arm in question, is mostly bone, Lance seems a bit ruffled at the sight.
Sep 8, 2021 8:46 pm
Gharn opens the cabinet to check its contents and takes a peek from the half open door.
Sep 8, 2021 8:55 pm
The cabinet is bare, excluding one marking carved into the top right corner of its back wall. A tiny bird.
The next room is extremely dark, no light is to be found within, but at quick glance for Inquisitor, nothing appears to be dangerous on time other side..
Sep 9, 2021 3:44 am
Banshee keeps an eye out from the back, keeping Chariot company. Her grip tightens and then relaxes on her heavy hammer, and her eyes feet nervously from side to side, breaking the sense of calm she's trying to project.
Sep 9, 2021 11:08 am
Louis keeps an eye out for trouble at the back of the group with Banshee.
OOC:
:(
Last edited September 9, 2021 11:14 am

Rolls

Perception - (1d20+2)

(2) + 2 = 4

Sep 9, 2021 9:42 pm
Chariot try’s to keep watch for the mysterious ghost man, but ultimately is distracted.
His attention turning to the girl, who seems quite empty of emotion for a child, and Lance who’s gaze seems to go vacant for moments at a time.

The world goes by as he stares at Banshee, the child and Lance.
Sep 9, 2021 10:59 pm
Archie joins Inquisitor by the cabinet and looks over his shoulder. He stares at the bird carving for a moment and arches an eyebrow. He says nothing and goes to sift through a pile of cloth shreds.
Sep 10, 2021 11:18 am
Gregory looks around, a bit puzzled. Hiding from the cannibal, that seemed reasonable: but now he's not very clear on what the group was trying to accomplish. "What are we looking for? These orbs, they are in the trash? Or are we looking for clues and signs on the cannibals? It is not very clear to me. I am good at finding, yes! But what?" he asks, hoping in an answer from someone who's been in the house for longer.
Last edited September 10, 2021 11:19 am

Rolls

Investigation (whatever the others tell me to look for) - (1d20+4)

(6) + 4 = 10

Sep 10, 2021 4:22 pm
Without looking up from his pile Archie pulls out the Green Stone. He flits the small orb over his fingers and says.
"We apparently aren’t the first to be put through this. It’s very likely that this phantom cannibal has the Stone, but searching through the rooms doesn’t hurt. Our predecessors may have stashed something away, or left some tip. "
He snaps his hand up and snatches the orb from the air, he turns and smirks at Danzig. "Who knows, maybe the bastard is hiding in the trash."
Sep 10, 2021 4:25 pm
Danzig sifts through a pile of rags. Nothing is in it, but the shredded clothes aren’t consistent. Different styles and time periods all jumbled up. A red tailcoat, tricorn hats, business suits, tuxedos, dress of several styles. The sheer number is sickening to think about.
Sep 10, 2021 5:33 pm
Gharn eyes Archie "I got nothing. Did you see anything out of order or anything of notice?"

He turns to the rest of the group
"If you want to, you can keep going through these rags. I'd just need one at least to check that other door as well. If it's a dead end, we can move back. Don't get me wrong, we should be thorough. Perhaps you'll find something among them, perhaps not."
OOC:
Gharn waits for Archie's response and for any volunteers to press onwards.

Rolls

Insight - (1d20+2)

(16) + 2 = 18

load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.