Manor of Origin (REDUX)

load previous
Sep 10, 2021 6:40 pm
Archie makes eye contact with Inquisitor, his face betraying no obvious emotion other than the usual cockiness.
"That little bird is an old call sign, used by thieves and mercenaries back where I’m from. It’s a bit odd, but not impossible."
His eye twitches half way through the statement, it’s most likely true but not the whole truth.
He goes back to sifting, awaiting a consensus.
Sep 10, 2021 8:37 pm
"Let me check" Luc slowly approaches the door and checks for traps and also checks if he sees anything inside the room.

Rolls

Investigation - (1d20+5)

(3) + 5 = 8

Sep 10, 2021 9:26 pm
Faux approaches the door and peeks his head into the next room.
However, being human, he can see nothing because the room is in pitch black darkness.
Sep 10, 2021 9:42 pm
Luc lights a torch with a tinderbox and proceeds to check the room.
Sep 10, 2021 9:56 pm
Upon the lighting of the torch, the contents of the room become visible.
In the center of the room is a couple of stools, each with a leg missing and lying on their sides. Cleaning supplies line the walls, a cabinet is nestled in the top left corner of the room. Compared to the rest of this decrepit area it’s in relatively nice shape, if a bit dusty.
Sep 10, 2021 10:14 pm
Banshee nods, and moves toward the door indicated by Inquisitor. She lowers the hammer grip a little, ready for a short punch attack with it if anything jumps out at her.
Sep 10, 2021 10:20 pm
Luc starts checking the cleaning supplies for something interesting and also looks for something in the cabinet.
Last edited September 10, 2021 10:38 pm

Rolls

Investigation - (1d20+5)

(2) + 5 = 7

Sep 10, 2021 10:36 pm
"Many clothes, from many places and times. This, not even my babcia... grand-mother, that is... is old enough to have bought." says Greogry, casually kicking an abandoned shoe. Then looks at Archie "Where are you from? I was thief and soldier in Old Germanic Empire first, then in Boston area. I have seen many such signs, yes!" the Polish rogue tries to pry a little bit of history out of this companion.

Though he hates the idea of not having both hands free, Gregory unpacks his hooded lantern, to project a more focused light in the cleaning room. Rather than sifting through the supplies, he crosses the room to see what lies ahead.
OOC:

Adding my hooded lantern as a source of light.
Regarding Archie's response to Gharn, I'm a rogue and have Thieves' cant, I would like to confirm what Archie is saying; if needed here's a History check. Then a Perception in the room after the one with cleaning supplies.
Last edited September 10, 2021 10:38 pm

Rolls

History about thieves' signs - (1d20+2)

(6) + 2 = 8

Perception on the following room - (1d20+4)

(6) + 4 = 10

Sep 10, 2021 10:46 pm
Archie gets up to look at Danzig. He raises an eyebrow and crosses his arms. "My crew did our jobs in England. We were more theives than mercenaries. Heists were what we specialized in. What kinda work did you get up to in Germany?"
Sep 10, 2021 10:50 pm
Danzig does a quick once over of the next room. At first nothing really sticks out to him. But then, due to his mind already being on the topic. He notices something on the trim of the eastern wall.
Another tiny bird. As for what that might mean, you have no idea what this particular sign is supposed to indicate.
Sep 11, 2021 12:03 am
Louis was lost in thought for a bit there, but he snaps out of it and moves into the other room to help investigate. The little bird carving catches his eye…
Last edited September 11, 2021 5:50 am

Rolls

History - (1d20)

(10) = 10

Sep 11, 2021 12:11 am
Chariot is fairly familiar with the symbolic language amongst theives. While it does vary from region to region they tend to be somewhat similar. This however doesn’t seem to match any known symbols for the times. So it’s either out of date, or it’s a personal call sign. Also know as a calling card.
Sep 11, 2021 12:38 am
Louis leans down to look at the symbol closer and then frowns. "This is not a symbol I recognise. Forgive me if this is a strange question, 'Archie', but what year was it when you were taken?"
OOC:
Also maybe a random question but what species of bird is it?

Rolls

Nature - (1d20)

(10) = 10

Sep 11, 2021 12:53 am
Archie raises an eyebrow."1880."
You don’t know how, you don’t know why, but he is lying, and he is lying hard. Chariot can see right through him, he won’t be getting anything past him.

Rolls

Secret Roll

Sep 11, 2021 2:42 am
Louis raises an eyebrow right back at him. "Hm. And you’re from England, right? Tell me, are you at all familiar with the legend of Robin Hood?"
Sep 11, 2021 2:44 am
When Chariot says Robin Hood, no words come from his mouth.
Sep 11, 2021 2:49 am
When the words fail to leave the centaur’s mouth, Archie only has one thing to say.
"Shit."
Sep 11, 2021 3:52 am
"Ha!" says Louis, lightly stamping his hooves out of sheer surprise and delight. He grins and gives ‘Archie’ a quizzical look. "So, what is your calling card doing in a place like this? And why were you lying about it?"
Last edited September 11, 2021 3:54 am
Sep 11, 2021 5:31 am
Archie places the palms of hands to his eyes and rubs."Well first of all, if I came out and said I’m a legendary thief who died centuries ago, would you believe me or think I’m crazy?"
He sighs. "Didn’t really feel like giving a reason to distrust my sanity in this godforsaken house."

He removes his hands and looks Chariot in the eyes."The worst part is I have no clue why those are here. Which is concerning for two reasons. One, those marks aren’t exactly in the stories so nobody would know to put em up to mess with me. Two, if it was me, I don’t remember doing it, which is terrifying."
Sep 11, 2021 7:30 am
"If that Voice can pluck our names from our tongues, it is not unreasonable to suspect it might be able to steal birds from our heads as well. For all we know, the Voice could have seen that mark in your memories and put it here to make you doubt yourself," Louis reassures him. "...Nevertheless, I think we should keep an eye on you, just in case, to make sure you’re not being forced to do things without your knowledge." He pauses to think and then asks, "How long have you been trapped here anyway?"
Last edited September 11, 2021 10:42 am
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.