Manor of Origin (REDUX)

load previous
Oct 4, 2021 8:55 pm
The hour comes to a close. Everyone has made their preparations, it is time to face the first of many deadly foes. The party make their way to the foyer.
OOC:
Last chance to say anything or make battle plans.
Oct 5, 2021 11:46 am
Louis whistles a tune to himself as he methodically checks and double-checks that all three of his pistols are loaded and ready for action. Between saving Faux’s life and finding Eris, he is feeling very sure of himself (almost overly so) and he seems relaxed and confident as he follows the rest of the party into the foyer.
Oct 5, 2021 1:42 pm
"The Fates tell me we will succeed but we will pay a heavy cost. Prepare yourselves, and don't balk if it looks bad. Endure. Persevere."

As for preparation, she has little to do. She says to the young girl, touching her hair, "Stay close. This may be a ruse to separate us."
Oct 5, 2021 7:14 pm
The girl sniffs and nods, firmly gripping the fabric of Banshee’s Skirt.
Oct 5, 2021 7:51 pm
Gharn stands up slowly and puts away his whip.

"It's about time we get to the foyer. I'm not counting on this person's word, so we better stay vigilant all along the way."

He pauses a bit, trying to find the appropriate words but he shakes his head;
"I'm no leader... And speeches aren't my thing. I'll try to have all of your backs, so feel free to return the favor, a'ight?"

He gives them a crooked smile as they get moving.
Oct 5, 2021 8:53 pm
A fight in the open field is not Gregory's ideal encounter, but the cannibal would probably run circles around them in a more hit-and-run environment. Gregory makes sure his weapons are ready, the pistol loaded, the trench shovel and dagger free to grab quickly.
You will be perched up high, and will tell me if the enemy hides, where he hides. Looks for secret doors he may disappear into. Understood? he says telepathically to the robin, gently stroking his wings.

"Your back is quite protected." Gregory taps Inquisitor's back, gently banging the metal underneath the duster "You give speech before battle, you die a war hero. Better no speech and survive as a war nobody, yes?" he sips from a flask and follows the others in the foyer, senses alert for an ambush as they get close.
Oct 6, 2021 4:14 pm
Waiting in the Foyer, admiring his knife, is the man that’s been hunting you.
As you all take up combat stances and positions he says.
"Good to see you didn’t chicken out. I’ll enjoy the meals you’ll provide me so let’s just get started."
He takes out a bloody coin.
"When the coin hits the floor we start. Do try to give me a challenge, a good meal tastes better when you have to work for it."
He flicks the coin into the air, and grabs the red orb from his pocket.
OOC:
Everyone roll initiative

Rolls

Initiative - (1d20+4)

(13) + 4 = 17

Oct 6, 2021 4:46 pm
"Bloody creep." Gharn mutters as he takes a fighting stance. The runestones of his necklace glow under his tunic.
He's ready to spur into action, sword in hand and shield deployed.

Rolls

Initiative - (1d20+1)

(1) + 1 = 2

Oct 6, 2021 4:52 pm
With his spellbook in hand, Luc watches the man closely, so as not to be caught off guard this time.

Rolls

Initiative - (1d20+1)

(12) + 1 = 13

Oct 6, 2021 4:53 pm
Vostavya, aka Banshee, adopts a fighting stance with her hammer, and the girl behind her. She says nothing, collect add the grave. She fears the price that that coin represents.

Rolls

Initiative - (1d20-1)

(8) - 1 = 7

Oct 6, 2021 7:08 pm
Greogry's right hand is tucked under the jacket, close to the gun; the trench spike is held firmly in the left hand. Ready to sprint on the balls of his feet, Gregory arches to the side, leaving Inquisitor and Banshee front and center. His eyes leave the madman only for quick moments where he tries to size up the environment.
OOC:
can I get a referesher on what the foyer looks like, size, features, etc?
Last edited October 6, 2021 7:10 pm

Rolls

Initiative - (1d20+3)

(15) + 3 = 18

Oct 6, 2021 8:10 pm
Louis levels his pistol at the cannibal.

Rolls

Initiative - (1d20+3)

(11) + 3 = 14

Oct 6, 2021 9:03 pm
I'm guessing that is more dangerous than the knife thinks Gregory looking at the red orb.
He is not used to run head first into battle. He likes to study the situation. But hey, maybe he gets a lucky shot. He draws his pistol and shoots at the arm holding the orb, ready to sprint should he get lucky.
OOC:
I don't know how you'll handle a ranged disarm. I'm guessing at the very least attack roll with disadvantage.
If by any chance I get lucky and hit, I would like to move and Cunning Action the orb far away, like kicking it or something.

Rolls

ranged pistol attack aimed to disarm (disadvantage) - (1d20+5)

(16) + 5 = 21

ranged pistol attack aimed to disarm (disadvantage) - (1d20+5)

(19) + 5 = 24

Oct 6, 2021 9:09 pm
The bullet collides with the orb in the Man’s hand. With a hiss it flys back behind him and lands squarely in front of the front door.
The Famsihed turns his gaze to Danzig. The grin is now gone.
OOC:
The orb is now 60ft from the back line and 40ft from the frontline.

Rolls

STR Save - (1d20+3)

(3) + 3 = 6

Oct 6, 2021 9:23 pm
Gregory can't help but smirk "Eh. Guess food can get stuck in throat, yes?" he hopes to fuel that rage. If he comes for me, he's not getting the orb back he thinks.
Then quickly steps behind Inquisitor. It feels slighly safer there.
Last edited October 6, 2021 9:24 pm
Oct 6, 2021 9:36 pm
Walking slowly to pick up his orb, it’s obvious to all those present that he’s he Famished is no longer amused.
In his hand it pulses and two spectral copies of the large knife in his right hand come into existence above his shoulders.
Another pulse and they fly out towards the necks of Inquistor and Banshee.
OOC:
the Famished is now 40ft from the front line and 60ft from the back line
The Famished
HP:???
AC:16
Legendary Actions (2/2)

Rolls

Ripenter v. Banshee - (1d20+7)

(1) + 7 = 8

Ripenter v. Inquisitor - (1d20+7)

(15) + 7 = 22

Damage V. Inquisitor - (2d4+4)

(34) + 4 = 11

Oct 6, 2021 9:44 pm
"Force Fantasmatique" Luc whispers holding up his spellbook.

Suddenly, the cannibal begins to see a great power emanating from Gharn. The warrior's eyes shine like the sun, his sword is filled with a golden flame that burn the cannibal when it hits, and from his back, flaming wings spread out like a phoenix.
OOC:
Luc cast Phantasmal Force on the cannibal, Intelligence save DC 13. I figure it's better to roll the fake "Radiant" damage ​​now.

Rolls

Golden Flame Sword (Psychic Damage) - (1d6)

(3) = 3

Oct 6, 2021 9:45 pm
As Faux’s magic begins to worm its way into the Famished’s mind, the orb emits a bright flash of red light causing the illusion to shatter.
The Famished turns his head and smiles at him.

Rolls

INT Save - (1d20)

(20) = 20

Oct 6, 2021 9:52 pm
Banshee bangs the dagger aside with her hammer and moves closer to Inquisitor, before casting a spell at the Famished.
[ +- ] Casting Blindness
Last edited October 6, 2021 9:58 pm

Rolls

Secret Roll

Oct 6, 2021 9:58 pm
More magic assaults The Famished, and yet again the orb rises to protect him.
No wonder he seemed to want to keep his hands on it.
As darkness takes his sight, the orb simply overpowers it with a large pulse of magical energy.

Rolls

Con Save - (1d20+2)

(18) + 2 = 20

load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.