Manor of Origin (REDUX)

load previous
Jun 29, 2022 7:33 pm
As Chariot opens the door a wave of disbelief and panic start to wash over his mind, tempting him to quickly slam the door.
However he takes a deep breath ( notes that he still can) and fully processes what he’s seeing.

The door leads once again into a large area not connected to the house. This time instead of rolling fields of grass, a dusty gray dirt patch greets the eyes. Several crater like holes dot the landscape, no plant life seems to be present whatsoever. The night sky is even clearer than the field, and to your surprise you find another picnic blanket and telescope.
On the horizon however is something that you’d never thought to ever see and it fills you with a sense of smallness and panic.
Instead of the moon in the sky you see a mostly blue planet with several green land masses.
You find yourself looking up at the planet Earth.
Jun 29, 2022 8:04 pm
Once Louis recovers from his initial shock, he laughs, delighted by the sheer absurdity of what he’s seeing, and opens the door wide so the rest of the party can see it too. "It’s the moon. It’s a picnic on the goddamn fucking moon."
Jun 29, 2022 11:26 pm
"I'm hungry for green cheese."

She looks about. "So we can't get home? We're stuck on this grassy knoll?"
Jun 30, 2022 5:06 am
Faux stares blankly at the moon’s surface for a moment before shaking himself out of his stupor.
He snorts at Banshee’s comment.
"That would appear to be the case, can’t just let us wander out of our death trap so easily. Though I’d figure that the hunk of cheese through the other door would be a larger concern."
Jul 2, 2022 3:58 am
Louis frowns, confused. "Is it the actual moon, do you think, or just an illusion? Surely, if it was the actual moon, opening this door would have killed us all, right?"
Jul 3, 2022 12:46 am
Faux shrugs.
"To be fair, a lot of things we’ve encountered here shouldn’t be possible or real. And it’s not like anyone has ever been to the moon. Even magecraft hasn’t found a way to get there. "
Jul 3, 2022 1:53 am
"I don’t know about that last part, Faux. I’m seeing some pretty compelling evidence to the contrary," Louis responds. Still a bit apprehensive about the possibility of suffocation or worse, he takes a step back from the door and says, "Anyone feel like taking a stroll on the moon or shall we keep moving?"
Last edited July 3, 2022 12:39 pm
Jul 3, 2022 3:48 pm
"I don't trust that this is real enough to care to explore. The Wishmaster will show us what he wants only to trick us, not anything we need to know."
Jul 5, 2022 1:30 am
"…You might be right. I suppose we can always come back later if we need to, anyway," Louis says, as he turns his attention to the final door in this corridor. He has a bad feeling about this one, so he approaches stealthily and tries not to make too much noise as he opens it.

Rolls

Stealth - (1d20+6)

(4) + 6 = 10

Jul 5, 2022 1:53 pm
As Chariot opens the door, his bad feelings come to fruition. The door once again leads to a space not fully connected to the house. Chariot steps into a massive forest,the canopy so think no light seems to penetrate it. This by itself wouldn’t be much of a concern, it is the state of the forest that is frightening. Everything as far as the eye can see, is covered in at least a thin coat of web. The bark of the trees and the grass all look sickly or dead. Something has made this place its territory and has nearly destroyed it in doing so. It seems to go on for quite a distance, and a feeling of familiarity tickles the back of Chariot’s mind.
Jul 5, 2022 2:32 pm
Louis narrows his eyes and draws his pistol, keeping an eye out for threats while he tries to figure out what’s so familiar about this place.
Last edited July 5, 2022 2:32 pm

Rolls

Perception - (1d20+2)

(1) + 2 = 3

Jul 5, 2022 7:23 pm
As Chariot tries to turn his attention to the forest in greater detail, Eris gets caught in its holster as its being drawn.
Which causes Chariot to turn his entire attention to it instead. Some of the leather seems to have torn and caught the trigger guard. This’ll take a bit to fix, so he’ll be too preoccupied to contribute for the next few minutes.
Jul 6, 2022 5:04 pm
Faux stops gnawing on his thumb and staring at the moon to grab Andromeda’s hand and walk up to Chariot in the spider forest.
He takes a quick glance around and takes a deep breath…

His magic circuits flare to life for a brief moment. However instead of the usual blue of mana, it glitters through the spectrum of the rainbow before fading away.
His eyebrows raise.
"The faywild?"

Rolls

Luc Méliès: Arcana - (1d20+6)

(15) + 6 = 21

Jul 7, 2022 11:49 am
Louis is busy muttering curses under his breath as he tries to fix the broken holster, but he briefly looks up in surprise at Faux’s comment. "So it is! I almost didn’t recognise it with all these spiderwebs."
Jul 8, 2022 2:55 am
"That sounds more dangerous than even that monstrous house." She says that, but is secretly relieved to be gone from the house of a thousand murders.

"What do you know about the faywild? What can we expect?"
Jul 8, 2022 1:15 pm

Rolls

Nature (advantage) - (2d20H1+0)

(1014) = 14

Jul 8, 2022 2:16 pm
As a fey creature, Chariot knows quite a decent bit about the fey wild.
It is without a doubt one of the most wonderful and dangerous places to exist.
It is a realm of pure chaos, where almost anything considered to be even remotely part of nature is possible. A plain of external thunderstorms, sure. Gravity bogs? Why not. A forest full of giant spiders, unfortunately not uncommon.
However the thing about the Feywild is that exudes life, but this forest seems to be withering away and o nothing.
Something is tampering with it, likely the Wishmaker but you can’t know exactly what it did.
Jul 9, 2022 12:22 am
Louis responds to Banshee, "It’s not exactly a safe place at the best of times, but something’s… very wrong here. I’ve never known the feywild to wither like this. As for what to expect…" He shrugs and waves a hand at the cobwebs festooning the trees. "…Probably spiders."
Last edited July 9, 2022 12:22 am
Jul 9, 2022 2:33 am
"Spiders. Well,I hope we can find a better way to deal with them than burning the whole forest down." Her snark belies her fresh guilt at what happened inside.
Jul 10, 2022 8:23 am
Gharn reaches out to see if he can sense any magic traces;

"Yeah, this can't be good. We need to proceed with caution."

Rolls

Arcana - (1d20+2)

(18) + 2 = 20

load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.