Manor of Origin (REDUX)

load previous
Jul 27, 2022 3:40 am
As fire assaults Banshee, her form flickers with black energy from beyond. Shadows pool up from all the corpses and from the depths of her soul, and all together they scream in pain.

Chariot, Inquisitor, and Faux see her scream, but don’t hear anything. The Creature however is hit with the echoing pain of hundreds of souls all at once.

Suddenly it’s body locks itself into place as the pain continues to echo long after the screaming has stopped. Slowly but surely falling out of sync with reality.

Rolls

Rounds stunned - (1d3)

(2) = 2

Jul 27, 2022 10:47 pm
Gharn grunts as he is being struck down. He draws some stamina as the creature is being stunned and retaliates; he brings his sword down with great might - it being ablaze by his absorb elements spell. Getting all pumped up, Gharn pushes himself and takes a second swing in with his sword.
OOC:
I dampen the receiving fire damage, cause ouch.
Absorb elements also adds a d6 to my damage in my attack.
[ +- ] Second Wind
[ +- ] Action Surge

Rolls

Second wind - (1d10+4)

(8) + 4 = 12

Broadsword (advantage) - Attack1 - (2d20H1+6)

(73) + 6 = 13

Broadsword - Damage1 - (1d8+4)

(4) + 4 = 8

Broadsword - AE fire damage 1 - (1d6)

(5) = 5

Broadsword (advantage) - Attack2 - (2d20H1+6)

(87) + 6 = 14

Broadsword - Damage2 - (1d8+4)

(2) + 4 = 6

Jul 29, 2022 1:51 am
Faux winces at the damage the explosion did to Banshee, but focuses back at the creature which needs to die before apologizes can made.

He leans out and snaps his fingers, sending a bolt of fire at the already scorched monster.
The illusions begin to just hold onto the burns, causing them to flare in pain.

Rolls

Luc Méliès: Fire Bolt to hit (advantage) - (2d20H1+6)

(83) + 6 = 14

Phantasmal Force Damage - (1d6)

(3) = 3

Jul 29, 2022 3:16 pm
Banshee raises her hammer and steps around Inquisitor and slams her weapon into it. Sometimes you just want to bust up someone.

Rolls

Warhammer - (1d20+4, 1d8+2)

1d20+4 : (19) + 4 = 23

1d8+2 : (6) + 2 = 8

Jul 30, 2022 1:59 am
Hoping to take advantage of the creature’s temporary immobility, Louis draws his spare pistol and attempts to bombard the stunned creature with an impossibly fast barrage of bullets.
OOC:
Using Accelerate…

44 damage! :D
Last edited July 30, 2022 2:04 am

Rolls

Pistol to hit (advantage) 1 - (2d20H1+9)

(918) + 9 = 27

Pistol to hit (advantage) 2 - (2d20H1+9)

(1916) + 9 = 28

Pistol to hit (advantage) - (2d20H1+9)

(109) + 9 = 19

Pistol to hit (advantage) 4 - (2d20H1+9)

(917) + 9 = 26

Pistol to hit (advantage) 5 - (2d20H1+9)

(716) + 9 = 25

Pistol to hit (advantage) 6 - (2d20H1+9)

(23) + 9 = 12

Pistol damage 1 - (1d6+4)

(5) + 4 = 9

Pistol damage 2 - (1d6+4)

(1) + 4 = 5

Pistol damage 3 - (1d6+4)

(6) + 4 = 10

Pistol damage 4 - (1d6+4)

(6) + 4 = 10

Pistol damage 5 - (1d6+4)

(6) + 4 = 10

Jul 30, 2022 9:38 pm
Chariots circuits hum to life, the blue glow becoming more intense and coming from more areas on Chariot’s body. The space around him seems to crack as he takes aim. Then he seems to pull the trigger only once. Four bullets smash into each of the creature’s spider legs, blowing them off with excessive force.
Exhaling a cloud of steam, Chariot blinks out of existence for but a moment, only to reappear directly next to the Creature with his gun to its temple.
Chronomancy: Skip
With a final pull of the trigger, the Creature’s head explodes and it falls limply to the ground.
Chariot’s circuits wind down with a wave of heat and steam.
Jul 31, 2022 11:41 am
Louis holsters both his pistols and takes a moment to catch his breath. Feeling a bit light-headed from a mixture of adrenaline, magic, and the thrill of victory (and maybe a bit of blood loss too), he laughs and says, breathlessly, "…I don’t know what the hell I just did, but it was really fun." Wiping some of the spider creature’s blood off his face with his sleeve, he looks around the clearing and asks, more seriously, "Is everyone okay?"
Jul 31, 2022 2:23 pm
Banshee turns toward Chariot, sensing he said something, but the ringing in her ears from the explosion, the wraiths, and then then gunfire volley takes her a moment to sort meaning from the high pitch whine she hears.

"NOT OKAY," she yells, then tempers her voice. "I hurt everywhere. Inquisitor? Faux? Andromeda?"
Last edited July 31, 2022 2:28 pm
Jul 31, 2022 4:14 pm
"Been better. Also been worse."
Gharn takes a look around and checks the mangled corpse of the fuglcker.
"Now is the time to take that bath more than anything, don't you agree?"

Rolls

Investigation - loot roll - (1d20+4)

(3) + 4 = 7

Jul 31, 2022 9:25 pm
Louis winces as he notices how badly Banshee was burned by the explosion. "Right. Sorry about that… Do you have enough magic left to heal yourself?"

Going over to help Inquisitor search the body, he says, "Let’s try to pry the orb out of this thing’s chest before we go anywhere, yeah?"

Rolls

Investigation - (1d20+0)

(2) = 2

Jul 31, 2022 9:30 pm
Faux walks up, looking fairly guilty about all the damage he’d caused. Andromeda tucked soundly into his shoulder, rubbing slow circles into her back.
"Yeah… uh… sorry."
Jul 31, 2022 9:33 pm
The Purple Keystone comes out easily enough, and it doesn’t look damaged. It also isn’t cover in blood so that’s nice. Almost everything of note appears to have been incinerated by the point blank explosion, aside from a spider shaped key you find in one of his boots.

Also many of the corpses have been blasted into pieces, making the gruesome scene even worse.
Aug 1, 2022 12:44 am
"I can heal myself, and some of you too. Come, who is the worst for it? Don't be proud." She puts a hand on her hip and twirls her symbol of death. Men!
OOC:
I've got 3 first level slots, and a second, and possibly two 3rd level slots depending on when we apply our new level.
Aug 1, 2022 12:02 pm
Louis puts the keystone and the key in his pack, then glances down at the puncture wound that the creature’s arrow left in his flank. The wound was deep and there’s quite a bit of blood matted into his fur, but it looks like the worst of the bleeding has stopped now thanks to Banshee’s earlier spell. He shrugs. "I think I’m okay, but if you have the spells to spare, I won’t say no."
OOC:
Louis is only down 6 HP at the moment
Last edited August 1, 2022 12:12 pm
Aug 2, 2022 3:13 am
Faux shakes his head.
"Not a scratch on me or the little one."
He turns his attention to the spider key.
"Are we Treasure hunting now or later? The cannibal had a similar key, and I wouldn’t be opposed to finding more money and knickknacks."
Aug 4, 2022 4:09 am
"I do like money and knick-knacks…" says Louis, tempted. He looks to Inquisitor for a decision, trusting in the half-orc’s leadership. "How about it, Inquisitor? Feeling up to a bit of treasure-hunting?"
Last edited August 4, 2022 11:19 am
Aug 4, 2022 10:00 am
"The idea of a bath is too tempting to be honest... Ok, we go for some treasure hunting and then straight to the baths. Whaddya say?"
Aug 5, 2022 1:36 am
Banshee casts a spell on herself as the others focus on ways they can get into more trouble.

She then taps Inquisitor on the shoulder, lending more of her magic to him.
Last edited August 5, 2022 1:38 am

Rolls

Cure Wounds, level 3 - (3d8+4)

(411) + 4 = 10

Cure Wounds, level 2 - (2d8+4)

(46) + 4 = 14

Cure Wounds, level 3 on Inquisitor - (3d8+4)

(551) + 4 = 15

Aug 5, 2022 2:46 am
"Sounds good to me!" says Louis, brightly, but his enthusiasm quickly dwindles when he realises that finding a keyhole in a dark, spider-infested forest is going to be easier said than done. "…I don’t suppose any of you have any spells that might help us out. It’s a big forest and this guy could have hidden his stuff literally anywhere…"
Aug 5, 2022 2:52 am
Banshee remembers I've time when she seemed to gather infuriating from the dead. "I might, hold on, let me try something."

She touches the dead creature, and invokes her power and channels her divine energy into it.
[ +- ] Sympathy for the Devil and the Damned
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.