Salut!

Be sure to read and follow the guidelines for our forums.

Sep 11, 2021 9:44 pm
Hey everyone ^^ i've heard a lot about this place, i'm super happy to be here. i've spent most of my ttrpg life playing 5e and the homebrew systems that my girlfriend has created. i'd love to try out call of cthulhu, and have a bit more pathfinder in my life (although, i'd love to try out more diverse systems, especially if i haven't heard of them!).

darker, narrative-heavy, investigation-based stories are my jam.

outside of games, i recently graduated from my linguistics undergrad, yay for sentences!
Last edited September 11, 2021 9:44 pm
Sep 11, 2021 9:55 pm
Welcome, twilight, pull up a virtual chair. And cool on the linguistics. Took a class in Linguistic Anthropology back in the stones ages. That your field, or full-on linguistics?
Sep 11, 2021 10:01 pm
Welcome aboard, enjoy your stay
Sep 11, 2021 10:06 pm
Welcome to the site, we're happy to have you!

Not going to lie, you experience in linguistics is intimidating to a southern boy like me. If you spot any errors, let's just pretend I'm playing a character that can't talk no good.

Joking aside, I'm looking forward to playing with you!

Len

Sep 11, 2021 10:37 pm
Salut, twilight! Sounds like you'll find all those game systems and more besides here on the site.

A linguistics degree sounds incredibly applicable to play by post gaming! I'd be interested to hear if you gleam any insights as you play. Also feel free to get away from your day job and just have fun :D

I look forward to getting into a game with you one day!
Sep 11, 2021 10:47 pm
Harrigan says:
Welcome, twilight, pull up a virtual chair. And cool on the linguistics. Took a class in Linguistic Anthropology back in the stones ages. That your field, or full-on linguistics?
Thanks, Harrigan ^^ Yes, full-on linguistics, as it were. My specialities are syntax and historical pragmatics :) Although, I must admit, I do have a certain soft spot for linguistic anthropology.
skeptical_stun says:
Welcome to the site, we're happy to have you!

Not going to lie, you experience in linguistics is intimidating to a southern boy like me. If you spot any errors, let's just pretend I'm playing a character that can't talk no good.

Joking aside, I'm looking forward to playing with you!
I look forward to playing with you too! Fortunately, most trained linguists (myself included) find dialect differences more of an intriguing source of data. So, it ain't now problum if yow day woerdin sow gud.
Len says:
Salut, twilight! Sounds like you'll find all those game systems and more besides here on the site.

A linguistics degree sounds incredibly applicable to play by post gaming! I'd be interested to hear if you gleam any insights as you play. Also feel free to get away from your day job and just have fun :D

I look forward to getting into a game with you one day!
ditto! I hope it'll come in handy, haha. I'll let you know if I find anything interesting! ^^
Machiabelly says:
Welcome aboard, enjoy your stay
Thank you, I'm sure I will ^^ You're all so nice and welcoming. It's been a very long time since I last properly used forums, but you guys warm my heart. I can't wait to play with you all :)))
Last edited September 11, 2021 10:55 pm
Sep 11, 2021 11:19 pm
Welcome! Hope you find some great games!
Sep 11, 2021 11:57 pm
Welcome to GP!
Sep 12, 2021 12:25 am
Welcome!

Is English your primary language of study or do you study other languages as well?
Sep 12, 2021 12:27 am
Welcome, twilight!

If you want to see how GP functions, here are links to the New GP Member Guide, the forum rules and this video introduction made by user Qralloq. You might also be interested in looking through some public games as well to get a feel for the site.

To join a game, keep your eyes on the Games Tavern, where GMs advertise their games and look for players.

You're also invited to join us on the Discord server for some friendly conversation, about the site, RPGs in general or anything else!

If you have any concerns or questions, feel free to contact any of the following moderators:

bowlofspinach
CancerMan
Dramasailor
Jabes.plays.RPG
Len
Naatkinson
Qralloq
Keleth (site owner)

Happy gaming!
Sep 12, 2021 1:23 am
witchdoctor says:
Welcome!

Is English your primary language of study or do you study other languages as well?
My dissertation was on nominal structures in English and Norwegian. Though, currently, because I've only recently graduated, I've mostly been looking at English. I have a decent working knowledge of French and German (B2-ish level), so I'm really hoping as I continue doing linguistics and strengthening my skills I start branching out more confidently ^^

Thank you for the welcomes, everyone c:
Last edited September 12, 2021 1:23 am
Sep 12, 2021 1:51 am
Welcome!
Sep 12, 2021 2:20 am
Salut, twilight! Soyez la bienvenue. Glad to have you aboard!
Sep 12, 2021 4:24 am
Bonjour/hi! Welcome to the site!
Sep 12, 2021 4:26 am
Hello and welcome!
Sep 12, 2021 4:58 pm
welcome!
Sep 13, 2021 4:55 pm
Thank you so much everyone!

You do not have permission to post in this thread.