Day 1 - Saturday

load previous
Dec 10, 2021 12:48 am
OOC:
Aden is in Jensen, Jessica, Patty, and Dacey are inside or between the Salvation and Sanctification buildings, although Aden doesn't know that. You currently hear people opening doors and searching in the same building you are. You can call out but it will for sure attract attention.
The terrified kids follow Jessica's orders and flock to Patty. You all make your way toward Salvation just as Dacey appears in the doorway, looking for you all. Everyone barrels inside and slam the door just as another arrow thuds into the wood. Dacey can see an arrow shaft sticking out of Jessica's back. On your tour of the campgrounds, you know that thankfully the camp just uses practice arrows, so while metal-tipped, they are smooth and easy to pull out. But removing the arrow will also leave an open hole in Jessica's lower back.
[ +- ] arow
funfungiguy says:
OOC:
what do we have for weapons? I assume there was some hammers or something in the lumber shed?
OOC:
2 hammers, a corded circular saw, a hacksaw, and a chainsaw, as well as shovels, rakes, and hedge clippers.
Dec 10, 2021 2:01 am
"Dee! Be careful! They're surrounding the gym, trying to get in!"
Dec 10, 2021 2:35 am
"Come on kids, lets get inside!" Once in the building and thinking she was in relative safety, Patty freezes when she sees the arrow sticking through Jessica. Well, she was a bitch, she thinks. But she isn't completely heartless. She approaches Jessica. "Here. Allow me." Patty yanks the arrow out and laughs. She has snapped, Staring at the bloody arrow in her hand, she wonders what it's doing there, her brain is now scrambled like an egg.
Dec 10, 2021 3:09 am
Jessica was more or less relieved to be back in the cabin. She got the kids back, and Dacey, the responsible adult with first aid knowledge, was here to assess and treat her injury.

"Dacey, can you do somethin about th-OW!"

Jessica's relief turned to fury as Patty, the senior who acted like a hormone riddled teen, and had no medical knowledge besides hangover treatments, pulled the arrow out casually. Jessica whips around to witness Patty cackling shakily, reason having left her vacant eyes.

There were many things Jessica wanted to say, most of which would involve some words and concepts best left to the imagination. But in the end, a swift kick to Patty's side conveyed Jessica's feelings the most concisely.
Dec 10, 2021 4:00 am
The pressure of the arrow now released, blood begins to flow more freely out of the puncture wound, staining Jessica's shirt and the top of her pants red. Her adrenaline is in full gear but when it wears off the crash will be frightening.
Dec 10, 2021 6:47 am
Confronted with the other councilors retreating back towards her, a pair of kids in tow, then with an arrow thunking into the wall behind her and the sight of another protruding from Jessica's lower back, Dacey swears and scrambles forward to help shepherd the group back into the building. Before she can even say anything, Patty and Jess are at it, fighting, forcing an incredulous shout from the injured and increasingly beleaguered medic. "Stop it you two, Jesus!"

Swatting the arrow out of the older woman's grasp and grabbing the first aid kit from her, Dacey shoves the radio into Patty's hands. "The hell is wrong with you?" she scolds the other woman, then she's helping Jessica down onto the ground. "Here -- here. Try not to move! You're losing a lot of blood, but I got you, I can patch you up, Jess! Hang on! Kids -- get me some clean water!"

Williams gets to work as fast as she can, tearing Jessica's clothing to get it out of the way, cleaning and then putting pressure on the wound. One of the kids is helping her despite the tears and sniffles, and Dacey's voice becomes softer. "Thanks. Now the -- that cream there, it's an antibiotic. Hand me that next, okay?" As the child complies, the African-American smiles, but then her tone changes again.

"Patty! What happened?! Who did this? Where's Heather?" And when Kristin's voice sounds on the two-way, Dacey adds, "Answer her! Tell her we ain't comin' to no gym! And see if you can raise Declan or anyone else!"

Beneath Jessica, a crimson pool is spreading. She's losing a lot of blood.
OOC:
Trying to treat the wound, will roll with her medical specialty. Question from her last roll -- should that have taken Dacey to 2 SP? (She had three before missing that roll.)

Also, @%#^$*&^#%@%$!
Last edited December 10, 2021 6:49 am

Rolls

First Aid Specialization - (2d10+8)

(15) + 8 = 14

Dec 10, 2021 9:16 am
Aden can hear people moving about in the building, he decides to see if it’s any of the counsellors and if they can hold out till the cops arrive.

He sneaks around and tries to hide behind corners/within shadows so he’s not easily seen….he really hopes it’s one of the other Counsellors because this night has been weird enough as it is and he needs a bit of a reality check

Rolls

Identify- As he’s moving about he’s trying to find other counsellors - (2d10+4)

(24) + 4 = 10

KCC

Dec 10, 2021 9:19 am
"The feckin’ kids…" is all Declan manages to get through the radio before the lightning explodes overhead.

His knees turn to jelly immediately as the thing starts to fall apart around him. He looks down, the ladder. The prospect of a wobbly climb followed by a battle at the bottom didn’t appeal to him.

And so he turns to the zip line. He fastens himself securely as best he can, conscious that he shouldn’t be too restricted upon landing. There could be more of them at the other ending, waiting.

And so he holds on for dear life, and begins to fly down the wire, wind and rain whipping his face.
Dec 10, 2021 11:31 am
OOC:
You know I'm gonna need an Escape roll from Declan for that zipline ride lol.

KCC

Dec 10, 2021 11:56 am
OOC:
Not feeling good about this one!

Rolls

2d10+3

(14) + 3 = 8

Dec 10, 2021 12:54 pm
[ +- ] Tension and SP
OOC:
The previous page shows Dacey at 2 SP so she is at 1 now. We're getting down to the wire! And poor Declan! First character down to 0 SP!

KCC

Dec 10, 2021 1:38 pm
Declan kicks off, just as the tower behind him begins to shower down larger pieces of debris. He looks down, spinning in the air as he does so, and sees the eyes all locked on him, but following on the ground underneath.

It’s a race. A race to reach the bottom before the tower begins to fall apart and the line slackens, dooming Declan to fall to the earth. That, and a quick escape once he lands, to throw off his pursuers.

The cable jerks beneath him, and for a moment Declan thinks he may lose his grip and fall, but he grabs on for dear life. The earth is approaching fast as Declan nears the end of the line.

And then the cable snaps; and the tower behind begins to collapse. The line wobbles, and Declan falls free. He hits the ground with a harsh snap, and pain shoots through his body. He can’t move, as bone shoots through his shin, his leg destroyed. He lies painfully across the bar he had used to fight off his pursuers.

He screams in pain, unsure if anyone can hear him above the storm.

"HELLLLLP! God! Help me!"

And the eyes approach, always trained on him. Declan is useless as they come closer and closer until they surround him. They crowd around the grunting man on the floor until the biggest among them stoops to retrieve the metal rod, forcing Declan to twist painfully on the ground. The child stands above the older man, saying nothing.

"Go on then, you feckin ba…"

A high pitched scream erupts from all of the bodies at once, and then the metal rod falls onto Declan again and again until the man is no more than a ruined body in the muck.
Dec 10, 2021 6:30 pm
Lucas throws a hammer to Kristin, and the other one to Susan. "In case they get inside and you have to fight," he says, as if they really needed an explanation. He grabs the chainsaw and unscrews the gas cap, making sure it's already fill with 2-cycle.
OOC:
Is there gas in this baby?
Last edited December 10, 2021 6:31 pm
Dec 10, 2021 6:37 pm
Susan takes the hammer but rather than really prepare to fight, she watches Lucas with the chainsaw. Is he really intending to mow down a group of demon children with that?
Dec 10, 2021 11:22 pm
Jessica winces and lets out a grunt of pain every now and then, but lets Dacey do her thing. Her mind is a bit flighty though, from both the blood loss and the stress. Despite her better judgement, Jessica decided to ask about certain...aspects of Dacey's medical qualifications.

"Hey Dacey, why'd you drop out of medical school?"
Dec 11, 2021 12:10 am
OOC:
There is gas in it, and a small red plastic gas can on a shelf nearby that is half full.
Dec 11, 2021 2:18 am
Harrigan says:
"Patty! What happened?! Who did this? Where's Heather?" And when Kristin's voice sounds on the two-way, Dacey adds, "Answer her! Tell her we ain't comin' to no gym! And see if you can raise Declan or anyone else!"

@%#^$*&^#%@%$!
"I don't know, Dacey" Patty says all glass-eyed. "There was an arrow sticking out of her. I pulled it out. Why wouldn't I pull it out? WHY WOULDN'T I PULL IT OUT!" she shouts. Everything seems to Patty like it's slightly out of focus. Like it's not really real. She doesn't even know why she shouted. Children shooting arrows. Come on. She'll wake up soon.
Dec 11, 2021 5:40 am
"Forget it, she's useless. Heather was coming back with the kit, and had the kids with her. But some kids out there got their hands on the archery equipment. They...got Heather, and almost got me."

Jessica shoots a glare at Patty.

"I wish they aimed at Patty instead. Her stupid forehead might've been thick enough to stop an arrow or two."
Dec 11, 2021 5:28 pm
"Who told you I dropped out of medical school?" Dacey asks testily, starting to bandage the wound despite it still bleeding badly. It's all over her, her knees, her thighs, her hands... Jessica's blood. Her heart's pounding, pounding.

"Did Kristin tell you that? It's -- f*ck. Look, who cares right now! You're saying these kids have turned on us, at least some of them. Do you we know how many? Jessica, you're losing a lot of blood. We need to get you to the hospital, or at least the nurse's station where I have more supplies."

She ignores the shouting from Patty and the continued sniping from the injured woman she's working on. There's a deep breath, then she tries to get through to the old drunk again as she finishes wrapping the arrow wound.

"Patty. Take a breath. Calm down. Answer Kristin. They might be in trouble too, but if they're not, maybe they can help. We need to stick together, work together. Alright? Can you do that? Answer Kristin. Find out where the others are."
Last edited December 12, 2021 5:49 am
Dec 11, 2021 5:42 pm
"We can't get to the gym!" Patty shouts, something suddenly snapping her out of her near-catatonic state. "We need help. Bleeding people here. Where is Declan? Can you send him here? We need help!" She took that breath that Dacey suggested. It helped. She could think and move now.
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.