Hello everyone!

Be sure to read and follow the guidelines for our forums.

Sep 13, 2021 8:27 pm
This is my first ever experience playing any RPG and I’m really excited to be apart of this community! I recently started watching the Viva La Dirt League videos of them playing D&D and it just looks so fun. I also started listening to the YMIAT podcast which is where I heard about this place. I am trying to start an in person D&D campaign with the starter set but so far I only have one other person interested, that’s the curse of living in a rural area. I am looking forward to getting my fix here instead!
Sep 13, 2021 8:32 pm
Welcome, we're happy you found us!

We got mentioned on a podcast? We're famous?? I'm going to have to call my manager! I'm going to have to GET a manager....Do you think they've got a spot for me in the Marvel Cinematic Universe? I think I've got the body for Conan the Barbarian, or maybe Fat Thor.

Jokes aside, welcome! :) There are games going up in the Games Tavern pretty consistently, that's where the advertisements for new games go up. DnD 5e is quite popular, I'm sure you'll find one there, soon. I feel you with regards to living in an area where it's difficult to find a game, it can be quite discouraging. I'm glad to be a part of your introduction to the hobby!

Looking forward to playing with you!
Sep 13, 2021 8:32 pm
Welcome to the site. I’m a 5e player and DM too, so no doubt I’ll meet you in a game at some point.
Sep 13, 2021 8:42 pm
Welcome to GP! When I started playing here a little over two years ago, I hadn't ever played a TTRPG or a PBP game. You're in for some fun.
Sep 13, 2021 8:49 pm
Welcome, TheFrenchNorth!

If you want to see how GP functions, here are links to the New GP Member Guide, the forum rules and this video introduction made by user Qralloq. You might also be interested in looking through some public games as well to get a feel for the site.

To join a game, keep your eyes on the Games Tavern, where GMs advertise their games and look for players.

You're also invited to join us on the Discord server for some friendly conversation, about the site, RPGs in general or anything else!

If you have any concerns or questions, feel free to contact any of the following moderators:

bowlofspinach
CancerMan
Dramasailor
Jabes.plays.RPG
Len
Naatkinson
Qralloq
Keleth (site owner)

Happy gaming!
Sep 13, 2021 9:03 pm
Welcome! I joined recently, too. Everyone is wonderful and friendly here. I hope you find a game that perfectly suits your needs ^^

Completely relate to the rural area struggle. If it weren't for my partner I'd be lost for IRL games lol
Last edited September 13, 2021 10:28 pm
Sep 13, 2021 10:08 pm
Welcome!
Sep 13, 2021 10:14 pm
Welcome to GP, TheFrenchNorth!

Len

Sep 13, 2021 10:28 pm
Welcome aboard, TheFrenchNorth! Hope you find all the games your heart desires here on GP.
Sep 13, 2021 11:46 pm
Welcome to the community, TheFrenchNorth!
Sep 14, 2021 12:42 am
Thank you every for all the love and great advice!
Sep 14, 2021 2:56 am
Welcome! If you're looking for a beginner 5e game, they have been known to be created on demand. Give some details for a request here and maybe someone will get excited to run that.
Sep 14, 2021 3:35 am
Welcome aboard! If you like to hang out with a good bit of this great community, hop on the Discord. There's usually someone to talk/chat with, ask questions, or whatever.

Is D&D your primary focus right now or ?
Sep 14, 2021 5:06 am
Qralloq says:
Welcome! If you're looking for a beginner 5e game, they have been known to be created on demand. Give some details for a request here and maybe someone will get excited to run that.
And if you're looking for just any beginner's game, I am running short "Tutorial" games to get used to the site and play by post, using the "Tales from the Loop" system. If you're interested, check it out
Sep 14, 2021 1:07 pm
Welcome TheFrenchNorth
Sep 14, 2021 11:10 pm
Welcome aboard
Sep 15, 2021 3:38 pm
Soyez la bienvenue!
Sep 16, 2021 4:19 am
Hello and welcome!
Sep 16, 2021 5:28 am
witchdoctor says:
Welcome aboard! If you like to hang out with a good bit of this great community, hop on the Discord. There's usually someone to talk/chat with, ask questions, or whatever.

Is D&D your primary focus right now or ?
D&D is the only system I am currently interested in, since I’m hoping to slowly learn one system at a time, but I am a big Star Wars fan and I had no idea there was a SW RPG game so I’m looking forward to checking that out too!
Sep 16, 2021 5:30 am
bowlofspinach says:
Qralloq says:
And if you're looking for just any beginner's game, I am running short "Tutorial" games to get used to the site and play by post, using the "Tales from the Loop" system. If you're interested, check it out
Thanks for the offer! I am currently started in the DungeonMania campaign and the DM has been great at showing me the ropes! I think I’ll catch on quick and hopefully get involved in another campaign soon
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.