The Flood: Character Creation

Be sure to read and follow the guidelines for our forums.

load previous
Sep 19, 2021 3:52 pm
Maybe when we run into teenage pre-evil Kim
Sep 19, 2021 4:27 pm
Definitely not having an illegitimate child.

After their time-travel shenanigans, Jaden returned home to some great news - his dad has gotten a new job; better paying and with more free time to spend with him and his sister. With dad's new job, Jaden's interest to school was renewed; he had a dream he wanted to pursue and now he actually could.

So, he went off to college to be an astrophysicist. His dad even got him a new guitar as a parting gift. He was expecting Spud to join him in studies, but apparently he went for the stoner life style. Jaden being a rocker and older than the rest, knew what drugs did to people and he was disapproving and disappointed at his friend. All that potential gone to waste. He felt a bit awkward with about the MorgAndy thing, so he gave them space to work things out. Last thing he heard from the gang was when Mikey left town; Jaden hoped he was doing ok and staying out of trouble. He was seeing a bit of himself in Mikey.
Sep 20, 2021 1:59 am
I don't want to spoil anything if reveals are planned, but I'd have a hard time picking one friction. We have a bunch! Definitely seems as though the group drifted. Mikey left, Em was arrested and when to juvie... I mean people could have visited her and kept in tough, she also also might have been at some county facility and very much out of sight and out of mind.

I would love to play more on the 'what might have been' thing with Em and Andy, but yeah, it's pretty likely he's moved on or will have his panties all in a bunch over her doing what she did and ending up where she did. I can also see the authorities watching the gang a little more carefully if Em is invovled... especially some anti-hacker FBI team. =]

That's my initial $0.02.
Sep 20, 2021 2:28 am
George stayed in Boulder City and everything went normally. Like many kids, he discovered drugs early on and found in that a release from his anxieties. A degree of notoriety and popularity ensued, and an explosion of his ability to connect with others. Popular in certain circles, known as a staple if a good time was the intention.

That didn't mean that everyone wanted to connect with the new George. He didn't lose any friends, but a certain distance may have developed by those who wanted to walk a more standard path,a legal one.

So, Andy keeps his distance grin the parties, but they're still daytime friends.
Jaden keeps an entire distance, as if Spud was a time bomb.
Em I'm not sure. Was she reachable? If so,, George would have tried to keep in touch, even visited if he could.
Mikey left town and had only just returned, as I understand it.
Sep 20, 2021 3:04 am
Love the George avatar!

Andy went to the local college on a soccer scholarship and took the team and his studies very seriously. He was idolized by the young kids and had a trail of girls following him around campus but he wasn't an arrogant sort. He loved the attention though and didn't mind commuting to school and still living at home. He never forgot the incident at camp which shook him more than he cared to admit.

He never forgot his brief connection with Em, aka Robin, either, and being an empathetic sort he went to visit her in juvie (is that even allowed?) to find out from her what happened rather than believe any rumors he had heard. His problem was that although he had his pick of all the pretty girls, he couldn't connect with any of them. They were mostly all shallow and boring. So there is still a chance that he and Em could have had a chance at some 'what might have been' thing.

As to the friction. Yeah, just one is hard. This is an age where so much is going on and there are so many frictions.
Sep 20, 2021 5:21 am
A little bit of research tells me it's mostly parents and guardians who can visit kids in juvenile detention. So... visits are probably out, but there's letter writing, and as of the early 90s, pine-based mail, usenet, BBSes and such. I think it's easiest, though, to say the detention facility was like 20-30 miles away, and not much contact was maintained. Maybe some letters back and forth with George, a few a year type of thing. Probably not much connection with Jaden or Andy, none with Mikey after he moved. That work?
[ +- ] And...
Sep 20, 2021 5:25 am
Quote:
God help Andy if when she meets up with him she discovers he has a pretty blonde girlfriend...
...who's the spitting image of Robin 😄
That would be perfect. Maybe he doesn't even really care about her and just got roped into the relationship. But Em doesn't know that.
Sep 20, 2021 6:31 am
bowlofspinach says:
Quote:
God help Andy if when she meets up with him she discovers he has a pretty blonde girlfriend...
...who's the spitting image of Robin 😄
That would be perfect. Maybe he doesn't even really care about her and just got roped into the relationship. But Em doesn't know that.
Yes, exactly. Juicy!

KCC

Sep 20, 2021 9:18 am
KCC sent a note to Qralloq
KCC sent a note to Antiproduct
KCC sent a note to Windyridge
KCC sent a note to Harrigan
KCC sent a note to bowlofspinach
Sep 20, 2021 9:54 am
bowlofspinach sent a note to KCC
Last edited September 20, 2021 9:55 am

KCC

Sep 20, 2021 10:02 am
KCC sent a note to bowlofspinach
Sep 20, 2021 11:14 am
Qralloq sent a note to KCC
Last edited September 20, 2021 11:14 am
Sep 20, 2021 4:04 pm
Windyridge sent a note to KCC
Last edited September 20, 2021 4:04 pm
Sep 21, 2021 3:20 am
Secret comms!
Harrigan sent a note to KCC
Sep 21, 2021 4:26 pm
Non-secret stuff :D
https://i.imgur.com/5h2C7hm.jpg
New axe
https://i.imgur.com/0hI1yNn.jpg

KCC

Sep 21, 2021 10:50 pm
KCC sent a note to Harrigan
Sep 22, 2021 3:37 am
Harrigan says:
A little bit of research tells me it's mostly parents and guardians who can visit kids in juvenile detention. So... visits are probably out, but there's letter writing, and as of the early 90s, pine-based mail, usenet, BBSes and such. I think it's easiest, though, to say the detention facility was like 20-30 miles away, and not much contact was maintained. Maybe some letters back and forth with George, a few a year type of thing. Probably not much connection with Jaden or Andy, none with Mikey after he moved. That work?
[ +- ] And...
Sure letters would work I think. George and Andy could get together. Maybe they sent one at Christmas and maybe some other significant dates....
Sep 22, 2021 4:24 am
Windyridge says:

Sure letters would work I think. George and Andy could get together. Maybe they sent one at Christmas and maybe some other significant dates....
100% your call. I can see there being a couple of letters and then thing sort of drift apart as the months and years go by. Maybe George just keeps Andy in the loop? Maybe Andy takes an interest after he hears some things?

KCC

Sep 22, 2021 4:46 am
Maybe Andy sends letters and Em doesn’t return the favor. Or…

Sep 22, 2021 5:01 am
Andy does a sendy and Morgan says "no more, man"
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.