Chapter 4: Adventures in Blingdenstone

load previous
Jul 30, 2016 12:26 am
Unsure what to make of Hunter's response Elfog simply offers, "Aye!"
Jul 30, 2016 12:38 am
"Wh-What's happened?" I follow the others in a daze as I try to shake the terrifying fear I experienced just a moment ago. Suddenly, this entire plan seems like a bad idea.
Jul 30, 2016 1:43 am
Soliin grabs the bag out of his bag and slinks into the darkness, again keeping his ears open.

Rolls

Sneaky sneak - (1d20+7)

(7) + 7 = 14

Perception - (1d20+4)

(19) + 4 = 23

Aug 2, 2016 1:56 pm
Soliin fades into shadow and keeps an ear out for danger. He can hear an odd hissing noise coming from the upward leading tunnel (Area 20).
Aug 2, 2016 4:22 pm
Hunter indicates the stairs leading up. "That menhir is supposed to be up ahead. Let's get this over with. Xeliss, you have the gem?" She double-checks that the scroll of banishment is within reach, and Hunter proceeds up the stairs, squinting against the distorted images coming through the crystals.

Rolls

Perception - (1d20+3)

(14) + 3 = 17

Aug 2, 2016 4:23 pm
"Right behind ye!"

Rolls

Perception - (1d20+4)

(8) + 4 = 12

Aug 2, 2016 4:29 pm
Mai'ngor stays abreast of Elfog. Having dismissed Sinag after the strange encounter with the gnome ghost, he has now drawn the drow-make shortsword.

Rolls

Perception - (1d20+3)

(6) + 3 = 9

Aug 2, 2016 4:43 pm
Hunter whispers as they move, "I heard something from the south. Hissing. Be wary."
Aug 2, 2016 4:48 pm
Soliin nods in the shadows, unsure if anyone can see him, and holds his bag out ahead of himself, chuckling silently to himself. He starts to move forward, staying just within the torch light.
Aug 3, 2016 12:47 pm
As you ascend the stairs, the hissing doesn't come any closer and after a few steps you can no longer hear it. You reach the top of the stairs, it seems you've found the Steadfast Stone. The floor of this cavern is worn smooth, but the walls are rough. A great menhir carved from a stalagmite stands in the center of the chamber, pockmarked with dozens of empty sockets that might once have held gems.

Elfog, with his familiarity with caverns and excellent low-light vision, is able to see that the roughness of the walls in this chamber outline several large, vaguely humanoid shapes.
Aug 3, 2016 1:00 pm
I shrink down to the form of a spider, climbing up and clinging to the side of the rock wall.
Aug 3, 2016 4:33 pm
Hunter sighs in relief, tempered by the fact that it's always calm before a storm. "All right, there's the stone. Let's get that gem in place."

She looks around. "Xeliss? Where did...?" Her expression turns to horror as she imagines the worst. "Oh no, did she get lost?"
Aug 3, 2016 7:50 pm
I make my way towards the stalagmite, hoping that nothing foul will see me with the gem. I don't like being the center of attention. That makes me too big of a target. This will help even the odds.

Rolls

Stealth - (1d20+4)

(18) + 4 = 22

Aug 3, 2016 9:53 pm
"Look at the walls" Elfog says quietly, slowly moving over to the nearest to take a closer look. "It looks... familiar... maybe..."
OOC:
Stonecutting ability allows Elfog to add double his proficiency bonus to a history check when trying to determine the orgin of the stonework

Rolls

History - (1d20+5)

(15) + 5 = 20

Aug 4, 2016 1:47 am
Mai'ngor studies the walls as Elfog suggested. But he knows nothing of stonework.
Aug 4, 2016 1:50 am
"The walls?" asks Hunter, in a near-panic. "What about Xeliss? She has the gem!"
Aug 4, 2016 1:57 am
"What?! I thought you had it! Where has she gone off to this time?"

"Perhaps some light?" Mai’ngor summons Sinag's blade.
Aug 4, 2016 6:14 pm
Xeliss, in spider form, moves completely unnoticed by her companions who all worry for her safety.

Elfog thinks that these humanoid shapes were once Earth Elementals that fused with the stone.
Aug 5, 2016 12:44 am
"She would not just run off, and I'm sure we would have heard some hollering if something tried to get the lass" Elfog says.

"Keep yer eyes on these walls. I don't think they're carvings..." he adds before telling everyone that the may in fact be earth elementals.
Aug 8, 2016 3:21 pm
OOC:
Just waiting on Xeliss to act :)
load next

Thread locked