Chapter 4: Adventures in Blingdenstone

load previous
Aug 30, 2016 5:00 pm
"Honestly? No," admits Hunter, casting a glance at the petrified crystal garden ornament off to the side. "But if the menhir was corrupted once before, it can be again. I'd rather have an army of elementals that would fight for us, not against. Maybe those guardians are immune to the medusa's gaze? I don't know."
Aug 30, 2016 9:55 pm
"Not a bad idea, Hunter" Elfog says. "'dusa would be hard pressed to fight something that already be stone." He motions towards Soliin and adds with a chuckle "Plus the little one did spend good coin on a bag. Let him have his go if he's wanting"
Last edited August 30, 2016 9:55 pm
Aug 31, 2016 6:10 am
Mai'ngor nods. "How can we use those guardians? Surely, we cannot command nor control them?"
Aug 31, 2016 7:13 am
"Maybe we don't use them, per se," says Hunter. "My guess is that they'll attempt to stop anyone that approaches the stone. The question is, do we trust these guardians to withstand a medusa's power?"
Aug 31, 2016 11:25 am
"As they're already stone, they can't become more stone, right? But she could freeze them in place."
Aug 31, 2016 3:11 pm
"So are you proposing we lure it here and let the guardians fight it?"
Aug 31, 2016 3:20 pm
Soliin looks down and kicks some rocks. "I'm not sure... I've never seen a medula before, so I'm not sure how best to face it. I'm admittedly just worried that each obstacle in our way to get out of here will come to bite us, or in this case, turn us to stone, later."
Aug 31, 2016 4:15 pm
"A part of me thinks the same," says Hunter in response to Soliin's words. She straightens her back, wincing a bit at the dull aches that are starting to form. "I know not what to propose. A medusa is a strange creature that I know little about, save for whatever is whispered in legend and rumor. To be honest, I'm afraid of it, but I also fear what might happen if we leave it alone at such a dangerous time."
Aug 31, 2016 10:14 pm
"What does it take to lure one of these 'dusas into a trap? Any ideas?"
Sep 2, 2016 7:04 pm
Hunter shakes her head. "I'd imagine it is no mere beast to be tempted with food, but sadly I do not know."

She stands, using her staff for support. "Perhaps," says Hunter with a grunt, "our little friend here has a clue." She steps to the statue of a deep gnome to inspect it.

Rolls

Investigation - (1d20+1)

(6) + 1 = 7

Sep 2, 2016 7:23 pm
It appears that the statue of the gnome was peering through a crystal, perhaps to try to dilute the power of the creature's gaze, but it doesn't look like he got it up in time.
Sep 4, 2016 4:58 am
"Whatever we do, let's make it quick. I don't want to stand around here any longer than I need to!"
Sep 5, 2016 1:52 am
"I'll take the lead then. Grab that crystal, maybe it'll help." Soliin begins to move forward in the darkness, looking for signs of something Medusa-like, not really knowing what that could be.

Rolls

Stealth - (1d20+7)

(12) + 7 = 19

Perception - (1d20+4)

(14) + 4 = 18

Sep 5, 2016 1:58 am
I attempt to wrestle the crystal out of the statue's hand.

Rolls

Strength Check? - (1d20+1)

(8) + 1 = 9

Sep 6, 2016 3:57 pm
Xeliss isn't able to pry the crystal out of the gnomes rocky hand, but there are an abundance of them scattered about the ground, more than enough for each of you to take one if you wish.

Soliin leads the way toward the hissing he heard earlier, ascending the steps quietly and peering into the chamber beyond, which is lightly lit by luminous fungi. The adornment in the chamber would be more at home in a drow city. Spider-themed tapestries, fine zurkhwood furniture, and racks of expensive clothing fill the area, all of it old and rotted. At the center of the chamber, a female drow sits upon a zurkhwood throne.
Sep 6, 2016 8:15 pm
Hunter follows Soliin, though well behind given her minimal magical power. As the group enters the chamber, her hand immediately goes to retrieve her mirror. She stays near the entranceway, cautious of the seated drow in the center. Hunter attempts to take note of their surroundings without meeting the drow's gaze.

Rolls

Perception - (1d20+4)

(14) + 4 = 18

Sep 6, 2016 11:03 pm
"Drow!" Elfog spits under his breath. Rage burning deep in his gut as he recalls how he ended up in this place, he quietly unhooks his axe, clenching both hands tightly around its handle. "On the count of three" he mutters quietly, not really caring if anyone is listening or not.

"One....."
Last edited September 6, 2016 11:04 pm
Sep 6, 2016 11:10 pm
Hunter does notice that some of the dresses on the rack are in better condition and may be quite nice.

The drow woman's eyes are closed until Elfog begins counting and her ears perk up. Her eyes pop open and she stands up, "Who dares intrude upon my kingdom?" she snarls, and what you thought was just normal drow hair raises up, a head of thin and pale snakes.
OOC:
You guys go first, since I always fail on my initiative rolls

Everyone will have to make a constitution save at the beginning of their turn
Sep 6, 2016 11:40 pm
Hunter visibly starts at the commotion, and flings her hand up to ward away the drow's gaze with her mirror. She backs up, trying to find some cover amid the garments and prepare her action.

Once behind a finely-woven low-back dress, Hunter taps her staff on the ground and attempts to send a surge of arcane electricity through the medusa's body.
Last edited September 6, 2016 11:42 pm

Rolls

Constitution Save - (1d20+5)

(19) + 5 = 24

3rd-level Witchbolt, Advantage (Tides of Chaos) - (1d20+6, 1d20+6)

1d20+6 : (1) + 6 = 7

1d20+6 : (19) + 6 = 25

Witchbolt Initial Damage - (3d12)

(648) = 18

Wild Magic Surge - (1d20)

(11) = 11

Sep 6, 2016 11:42 pm
OOC:
Also, the DC is 14, so if you beat that, then you can do whatever you want to. If you don't... we'll see what happens!
load next

Thread locked