Chapter 4: Adventures in Blingdenstone

load previous
Sep 20, 2016 8:47 pm
Satisfied with the answer, Hunter retires to the room, flops on the bed (even if it's made of stone), and releases her mental concentration on wakefulness.
Sep 20, 2016 10:17 pm
Lumbering into his room, Elfog places Tolvihar within arms reach on his bed, as he lays himself flat on his back. Hands locked behind his head he slowly drifts off to sleep.
Sep 24, 2016 7:35 pm
Mai'ngor takes what rest he can, but thinks long and hard about his brush with death. He toys with his sky-stone keepsake and decides to visit this Gurnik Tapfinger at the Speaking Stones that Dorbo mentioned. Upon reaching this decision the tikbaang warrior falls into a fitful slumber without dismissing Sinag, the sword's blade bathing the room in warm, reassuring light.
Sep 26, 2016 6:32 pm
You wake up the next morning, feeling much refreshed.

Mai'ngor heads to the Speaking Stones and finds Gurnik praying with a couple of grieving gnomes who apparently just lost a son. It takes a few minutes, but they are soon on their way out and he turns to look at you, "Mai'ngor, is it? What can I do for you today?"
Sep 26, 2016 6:51 pm
I turn into my wolf form and curl into a ball on the floor in the corner of my room and stay there until morning. When I wake, I spend some time communing with nature, or what little of it I can feel around me. The strange forces we have encountered have left me feeling unsettled.
Sep 26, 2016 7:20 pm
"Dorbo Diggermatock said you might be able to help me learn something of this," Mai'ngor says, producing the sky-rock fragment. "I took it from a burning stone that fell from the sky. My entire village died of a wasting sickness afterward."
Sep 26, 2016 7:22 pm
Gurnik's eyes pop open wide as Mai'ngor produces the stone, "May I hold it?" he asks, hesitantly holding his hand out to take it.
Sep 26, 2016 8:35 pm
Mai'ngor hands Gurnik the stone fragment.
Sep 27, 2016 11:44 pm
He takes the stone piece and looks it over for a little while, "Would you mind if I help onto this for a few days? I've never seen anything like if before and think that if I commune with the agents of my God, I could possibly figure out what it is."
Sep 28, 2016 7:24 am
Hunter spends her morning tidying up herself through a combination of rote practice and copious castings of Prestidigitation. This was the first decent rest she's had where she didn't have to sleep with one eye open, having come to trust the svirfneblin community, and she was going to enjoy the opportunity to look after herself for a bit.

Once her morning preparations are complete, Hunter sees what passes for breakfast in Blingdenstone.
Sep 28, 2016 2:40 pm
Mai'ngor hesitates, reluctant to leave his most important memento from home in the hands of someone he has just met. He eyes the metallic stone dhard glinting in the dim light. Finally, the tikbalang nods. "I entrust it to your wise and capable care." He bows to Gurnik respectfully, fighting the urge to take the stone back and run.
Sep 28, 2016 6:43 pm
Mai'ngor
Gurnik nods, "Do not worry, I will keep it safe," he says, tucking the rock into a pocket on his robes. "Was there anything else that I could do for you this day?"

Hunter
Hunter is able to find that meals are being provided to them for free. This morning it is a cave lizard steak (must've come from a BIG cave lizard) with buttered mushrooms and water.

Xeliss
The Underdark feels even more unnatural than normal, as if something has pierced through the magic that emanates strongly from the stone all around you.
Sep 28, 2016 7:03 pm
Having gone so long without such a hearty feast, Hunter takes her time to enjoy it.
Sep 30, 2016 4:02 pm
The next day, you are called to the council chamber once again to meet with the various faction leaders. As you enter the chamber, you see all of the normal leaders, surrounding a speaking to a taller figure you quickly recognize as Sarith. The leaders are so preoccupied by speaking to the drow that they don't seem to notice you entering the chamber.
Sep 30, 2016 5:08 pm
Hunter remains where she is at the entrance to the council chamber, to let the elders finish their discussion.
Sep 30, 2016 9:18 pm
"A sight I'd never thought I'd lay me eyes on." Elfog says, nudging Hunter as he motions towards Sarith.
Oct 2, 2016 3:21 am
Naatkinson says:
Mai'ngor
Gurnik nods, "Do not worry, I will keep it safe," he says, tucking the rock into a pocket on his robes. "Was there anything else that I could do for you this day?"
"Is this a temple? What gods do the gnomes honor?" Mai'ngor asks Gurnik, genuinely curious.
Oct 3, 2016 1:18 pm
"Yes, this is a temple. These stone have been here since before Blingdenstone was built. They are believed to be ancient Galeb Duhr, manifestations of our gods' powers," he explains, clearly happy to have found an outsider so interested in their religion, "Our patron god is Callarduran Smoothhands, lord of the Earth. We, of course, worship all of the gnome gods, but he is the one who watches over us down here among our many enemies."
Oct 3, 2016 1:59 pm
Mai'ngor approaches and reaches out to one of the Galeb Duhr, but hesitates, unsure if it is permitted to touch one. He looks to the priest questioningly.
Oct 3, 2016 2:04 pm
Gurnik nods and smiles encouragingly at Mai'ngor.
load next

Thread locked