Chapter 4: Adventures in Blingdenstone

load previous
Oct 6, 2016 5:04 pm
Hunter asks for another case of 20 crossbow bolts, to bring her total amount of ammunition to 40. She does not want to be without defense when her energy runs out, especially against a horde of ooze.
Oct 6, 2016 11:27 pm
Elfog, confident that Tolvihar will be able to handle the upcoming battle unscathed, crosses his arms in front of his chest while the others make their purchases.

"What if ya were to light some of those bolts aflame before firing 'em into the oozies?"
Oct 7, 2016 12:44 am
"A fascinating idea," says Hunter. If possible, she finds an attendant to relay the suggestion to those in command, and if accepted to include her ammunition in any coatings of flammable oil.
Oct 7, 2016 3:28 am
Soliin begins mumbling to himself... "They're kind of slug-like... maybe a giant bag of salt?..."
Oct 10, 2016 4:58 pm
Hunter's suggestion is relayed to whoever is in charge of their supplies and a short time later you are presented with 10 oil-dipped bolts.
OOC:
If lit, these bolts will inflict an additional 1d6 fire damage on a hit and light flammable objects on fire
Oct 10, 2016 5:02 pm
"Blingdenstone is certainly efficient," admires Hunter. "Is this what it's like when a city prepares for battle?" She is ready to follow Sarith and the svirfneblin priests.
Oct 10, 2016 5:59 pm
You set out from Blingdenstone with a group of four priests and a dozen warriors, all that the city could spare from its defenses. The caverns you travel through are strangely quiet. You'd guess that very few creatures want to tangle with almost two dozen armed warriors.

Sarith leads the group expertly through the tunnels; even knowing his path from memory, the march is slow and boring, constantly having to watch for danger, climb walls that Sarith circumvented with his levitation abilities, and the constant stopping for prayers. It takes nearly two days to get there at that pace.

Sarith finally leads you up to a small, nearly invisible pathway leading up high along the wall and through a small opening. You enter a large chamber, a large number of stalactites and stalagmites cover the floor and ceiling, and you can see a large rune circle, glowing with a faint light in the center of the chamber. A sense of peace and safety wash over you in the presence of the gnome god's holy place.

The gnomes all stand and stare in awe, but only for a moment as their sense of duty takes over and the fighters fan out to make sure the chamber is secure and the priests sit in front of the circle and pray.
Oct 10, 2016 6:05 pm
For lack of anything to do, Hunter assists with establishing a small camp under the direction of the gnomes. She also maintains a watch, paying careful attention to the ceiling lest something approach from above.

Rolls

Perception - (1d20+4)

(3) + 4 = 7

Oct 11, 2016 3:07 pm
After about an hour of preparation, the priests take positions around the summoning circle. They begin chanting very quietly, and you can tell they're all saying the same thing, though you can't understand the words. They go on like this for some time, but eventually they begin speaking louder and have a blank look in their eyes, as if they're not quite there.

After a few minutes of this louder chanting, the floor begins to shake and you see a stone hand emerge from the circle, and then another, and a huge elemental pulls itself out of the stone floor and moves to stand outside the circle. This repeats over and over until 14 elementals stand in the room with you. The chanting ends and the priests slump in exhaustion and look like they could sleep for a week.

The lead priest stands, "We'd best get back home so we can deal with these slimes," he says and is picked up by one of the elementals for transport and you start on your way back to Blingdenstone.
OOC:
You all gain 1,000 xp for accompanying them to summon the elementals
Oct 11, 2016 5:06 pm
Hunter joins the procession, rather awed by the sheer power surrounding them. Assuming they will go straight into the slime chamber, she begins checking her equipment to ensure everything is in order.
Oct 11, 2016 9:50 pm
"That sure was something" Elfog murmurs to himself after quietly, and intently watching the ceremony. As they being their journey back to Blingdenstone he notices Hunter fidgeting with her equipment.

"Aye, good idea! Even with these stone 'mentals, I got a feeling we still in for a fight."
Oct 12, 2016 9:47 pm
The trip back to Blingdenstone is relatively uneventful; who would mess with war party of earth elementals? Once you get back, plans are finalized and you are asked to perform a very important role.

"We are needed to guide the main battle, but someone has to find and kill the leader. We're hoping that the oozes end their attacks once he's dead. We were hoping that once the main host of oozes has been engaged, you all could take one of the elementals and seek out their leader?"
Oct 12, 2016 11:15 pm
"A shrewd plan. You can count on us!"
Oct 12, 2016 11:19 pm
"Please refresh my memory," begins Hunter, "but we don't know what type of person this leader is, yes? Race, occupation, or skills?"
Oct 12, 2016 11:27 pm
OOC:
I knew it was back there somewhere! Had started scrolling through the old posts but hadn't found it.. thanks for the link! :-D

The Pudding King also mentioned The Faceless Lord?
Oct 12, 2016 11:28 pm
Jabes.plays.RPG says:
OOC:
I knew it was back there somewhere! Had started scrolling through the old posts but hadn't found it.. thanks for the link! :-D

The Pudding King also mentioned The Faceless Lord?
OOC:
Correct
Oct 13, 2016 12:01 am
"Ah, yes yes," nods Hunter. "The Goldwhiskers' knowledge may be useful in this regard, then. I will do my best to seek out this Pudding King."
Oct 13, 2016 12:47 am
"I'm sure we can take care of just one enemy, right?" Soliin says with a smile. "Think the elemental will let me ride it?"
load next

Thread locked