Chapter 4: Adventures in Blingdenstone

load previous
Jun 8, 2016 9:48 am
"Perhaps some lamp oil, as fire seems to be an effective weapon against the oozes." Mai'ngor suggests. The tikbalang never touched a single coin out of any treasure the group has found, and so he has no money. It is just as well, as he feels he has everything he might need, though if his squire Brynn were here the loyal halfling would surely disagree.
Last edited June 8, 2016 9:48 am
Jun 9, 2016 3:09 am
I pull aside the nearest merchant. "We'd be more than happy to continue fighting off these cubes, it'll be quick even as you just saw what we're capable of, but a 10% discount is hardly enough... surely you can do better."

Rolls

Persuasion - (1d20+3)

(5) + 3 = 8

Jun 9, 2016 1:43 pm
The gnome leans toward Xeliss, whispering, "Well, you ARE one of us, so I suppose I could give YOU 20%, but your friends don't get that much, they gotta stick with the 10%" he says with a wink.
Jun 9, 2016 11:16 pm
Waiting impatiently for the others to go about their business the dwarf starts to mumble under his breath.
Jun 10, 2016 3:54 am
Soliin looks around the market for a vial of Alchemist's Fire, a Potion of Healing, and a bullseye lantern.
Jun 10, 2016 4:03 am
I give him a grin. "Works for me. Where's the good stuff? I've got some trinkets to trade..."
OOC:
I'm the worst at shopping, but I'll try to put together a list this weekend...
Jun 10, 2016 2:51 pm
Alchemist's Fire: 45 gp
Bullseye Lantern: 9 gp
Potion of Healing: 45 gp
Jun 11, 2016 8:02 pm
Her own necessities taken care of, Hunter looks over her shoulder at the party's progress. Seeing that some are still haggling with merchants, the sorcerer spends some time window-shopping.
Jun 13, 2016 3:36 pm
On the ground, where the cubes were at, you also find some stuff that they dropped. You find 12 gp and a very well made shortsword (+1, Drowcraft)
Jun 13, 2016 3:56 pm
Once you are done with your shopping you head to a door on the north wall (leading into area 28). A guard inspects you for a moment and then opens the door, "Good luck," he says, very seriously as you go through.

The walls of this great cavern are covered in slime, dripping, sickening green slime. Echoes of dripping water also fill the cave, in the center of which is a large spherical structure is held up off the floor by stone pillars. Around these pillars crawl dozens of living oozes, heaving forward while reaching out with grasping pseudopods. The sphere's surface, like the cave walls, is covered with slime. Black slime swirls with yellow and gray slime in a disgusting soup, the unearthly patterns in the movements of the slime straining your eyes and tugging at your mind.

A disembodied voice fills the cave. "What's this, what's this? Visitors? Now? Not yet! We're not ready! Go away, pests! I will call upon thee and all of Blingdenstone to announce our glad tidings of the Faceless Lord to come at the proper time! Begone!"
Jun 14, 2016 5:39 am
Having given Shoor Vandree's sword to Soliin, Mai'ngor decides to keep the newly-found drow-made sword for himself. HE takes the gold and uses some of it to buy a few flasks of lamp oil. He proceeds brandishing not a sword, but a lit torch.

As the group enters the room of oozes his eyes go wide. He should have brought a whole cask of oil!

Jabes.plays.RPG sent a note to Naatkinson
Jun 14, 2016 7:27 pm
Hunter chuckles, uneasily in a tone of fear and embarrassment. "Well! Sorry to bother you, then," she says, and starts to backpedal. Definitely going to need more oil.
Jun 14, 2016 7:33 pm
The oozes do no pursue you if you back out of the chamber.

Naatkinson sent a note to jabes.plays.rpg
Jun 15, 2016 9:56 pm
"I'd rather be fighting rat-men!"
Jun 15, 2016 10:40 pm
"Sorry! Sorry," says Hunter, half-curtseying as she seeks escape. With her back to the door, she knocks rapidly for the guard to let them in.
Jun 15, 2016 11:43 pm
Soliin creeps out as quietly as he creeped in. "I'm not sure we had enough info to take this job..." he says as everyone gets out.
Jun 16, 2016 3:21 pm
The guard opens the door to let you back in, "That didn't take long," he remarks as he shuts the door back up.
OOC:
Where to now?
Jun 16, 2016 3:42 pm
Hunter takes a moment to find her breath, then narrows her eyes at the guard. "Your leaders have a talent for understatement," she says, even as she tidies up her rags with Prestidigitation to take her mind off what she had just seen. "We'll need to figure out a different plan. Which way are the wererats?"

In the event that the group must pass through the marketplace again, Hunter asks if anyone has weapons of silver.
Jun 16, 2016 9:48 pm
"A plan that involves a lot of fire" Elfog mumbles under his breath in dwarvish as Hunter talks to the guard.

"Yes, Rats first then whatever in the hell those things were are going to be a far distant second."
Jun 17, 2016 3:44 pm
The guard chuckles, "A bit more than you expected? It's pretty nasty in there, alright, and getting worse by the day," he gives directions to the Goldwhisker Warrens, the are of Blingdenstone that the wererats have claimed as their own.

You do indeed have to pass through the market (area 7) and find that purchasing a silver weapon costs 100 gp (90 for you, 80 for Xeliss) on top of the base price of the weapon. A steep charge, but they are in demand these days with the looming threat of the wererats. You may choose to make any purchases you wish, as long as they occur before the first combat you may encounter down there.

You pass through the market and into the main entry chamber (area 5), then turn west to approach a large set of reinforced and locked double doors that lead into the Warrens. The guards briefly listen to your story and then confirm that they got word from Dorbo to let you through. They tell you to knock with a "three-then-two" signal if you want to be let out.

The doors are opened and you enter into near-complete darkness with a warning to Watch your step in there! A little bit of glowing fungi sheds some light, but those without darkvision will need another source of light. The chamber you enter into is empty at first glance, with a tunnel leading to a neighboring chamber.
OOC:
You are in the chamber just below 23 at the moment (between 5 and 23)
load next

Thread locked