Chapter 4: Adventures in Blingdenstone

load previous
Jun 17, 2016 3:57 pm
I sell my jewelry and wand and look into purchasing 2 silvered javelins.
Jun 17, 2016 4:25 pm
Soliin notices all his compatriots looking for silvered weapons. "Why the silver? Is this magical sword not going to work against wererats?" He lowers his voice to nearly a whisper. "Are wererats that powerful, that magic weapons won't work against them?"

Rolls

Arcana - (1d20+3)

(17) + 3 = 20

Jun 17, 2016 4:26 pm
OOC:
Make an arcana check if you want to know more about lycanthropes and their weaknesses!
Jun 17, 2016 4:32 pm
Soliin knows that magic works just as well as silver. Silver is just the cheaper and more available option.
Jun 17, 2016 4:44 pm
"I sincerely hope we won't have to use them," Hunter says, referring to the silvered weapons. "But I really don't know what to expect anymore, so I thought it be best to prepare for anything."
Jun 17, 2016 4:59 pm
His eyes glowing red in the darkness, Mai’ngor summons Sinag's blade to light the way as he leads the group towards the tunnel.
Last edited June 17, 2016 5:44 pm
Jun 17, 2016 5:46 pm
OOC:
Edited my post to have Mai’ngor summon Sinag. He will expand the reach of the blade's light to its maximum: 30ft bright light and 30ft dim.
Jun 17, 2016 9:02 pm
Cursing in dwarvish as Mai'ngor's sword nearly blinds him, Elfog shields his eyes to let them readjust from the darkness. "Hell's bells, a little warning next time, would ya!?" the dwarf growls.
Jun 20, 2016 6:02 pm
As Mai'ngor leads you through the cavern to the tunnel he suddenly feels a pull at his leg. He looks down and sees a rope tighten about his right leg. It quickly begins to tighten and pull upwards, dragging him along with it.
OOC:
Mai'ngor, roll a dex save to see if you can cut the rope before it pulls you up!
As it begins to lift him off the ground you can hear footsteps coming from the tunnel ahead. It sounds like they're coming in your direction.
Jun 20, 2016 9:17 pm
Reaching for Tolvihar, Elfog moves ahead of Mai'ngor (either as he's hanging from the rope or busy landing on his head after cutting it) and takes up a defensive position
Jun 20, 2016 10:47 pm
The trap takes Mai'ngor by surprise. He grunts as he is whisked off his feet by the noise. From his awkward position he slashes futilely at the rope with his sword.
Last edited June 21, 2016 8:18 am

Rolls

DEX save - (1d20+3)

(4) + 3 = 7

Jun 20, 2016 11:05 pm
"Watch your step in there," Hunter mutters sarcastically, mimicking the guard they spoke to earlier. Her ire is directed more at the deep gnomes' penchant for doublespeak than it is at their current predicament. She clutches her hand upon empty air, manifesting a spectral Mage Hand to work at the rope trap.
OOC:
Can I use Mage Hand with a dagger to cut the rope? If that counts as an attack, then I'd like to use the spell to help loosen a knot or whatever's keeping Mai'ngor's foot in place.
Jun 20, 2016 11:22 pm
OOC:
Heh, beat me to it, I was gonna Mage Hand, specially as I can disarm traps at a range with it (though not sure this counts as a disarm trap).
Soliin raises his crossbow and holds a second bolt in hand, getting ready for any aggressive actions.
Jun 20, 2016 11:30 pm
OOC:
Your Mage Hand might be better in this situation, I would think, as mine can only manipulate objects and I'm not sure if "untying knots" counts.
Jun 20, 2016 11:48 pm
OOC:
I assume Naat will be ok with us swapping actions? I'll Mage Hand, you... mage?
Jun 20, 2016 11:49 pm
Hunter looks over at Soliin. Her Mage Hand floats in the air, pointing at the halfling in a "You? No, me? Who?" series of gestures.
Jun 21, 2016 12:32 am
OOC:
you can swap, I don't mind :) I'll adjudicate tomorrow
Jun 21, 2016 1:17 am
Naatkinson says:
OOC:
OOC:
But is it a disable device check to get him down?
Jun 21, 2016 2:31 am
Keleth says:
Naatkinson says:
OOC:
OOC:
But is it a disable device check to get him down?
Sounds about right
load next

Thread locked