Chapter 4: Adventures in Blingdenstone

load previous
Jun 21, 2016 3:03 am
Soliin decides the crossbow isn't right right now, and points his hands up at the rope above. He falls into deep concentration, and a whispy essence comes out of his hand, only to disappear. He opens his eyes, shakes his head, and closes his eyes again, concentrating. This time, two spectral hands rise up to the rope; as Soliin moves his fingers, the spectral hands move as well. He quickly begins manipulating the rope holding his ally up.

Rolls

Pick the rope - (1d20+7)

(15) + 7 = 22

Jun 21, 2016 7:13 pm
As Mai'ngor is pulled up, his swing goes wide and he doesn't manage to cut the rope. Luckily for him, Soliin was prepared, and in just a few moments, he has the knot undone, dropping Mai'ngor 10 feet to the ground (2 damage).

Mai'ngor stands just as a group of gnomes come around the corner from the tunnel ahead, "Who are you and what do you want here?" one of them asks.
Jun 21, 2016 9:51 pm
"Where are the ratmen?" Elfog asks bluntly.
Jun 22, 2016 8:57 pm
"Ratmen? What do you know about anything?" he snarls at you and his face begins to elongate into a rat's snout and he grunts in pain, then his companions begin to morph as well, "What do you want here? These are our lands!" he says as he finishes, ending in a shape that's almost like a humanoid rat.
Jun 22, 2016 9:16 pm
Compared to the horrors witnessed in the ooze room, the wererats' transformations seemed mundane and almost welcome to Hunter. "We're here to talk," she states. "Parley, negotiate... a civil discussion, if you would be so kind. May we?"
Jun 22, 2016 9:53 pm
To show he really means no harm, Elfog hooks Tolvihar onto his back. "Like me companion says, just wanna talk" he adds, moving back a bit to let one of the other, more skilled, negotiators do the talking.
Last edited June 22, 2016 9:53 pm
Jun 22, 2016 10:35 pm
Seeing Elfog move back, I also take several steps back.
Jun 22, 2016 10:51 pm
Hunter apparently has been involuntarily volunteered for that role as, through her own inaction, she is now towards the front of the group.
Jun 22, 2016 11:01 pm
Soliin hesitates for a second, putting away his crossbow for good, onto a hook by his side for quick retrieval. He steps up just behind Hunter, giving a playful nudge to make sure Hunter's aware he's there.
Jun 23, 2016 4:49 pm
Having regained his composure, Mai'ngor revere his grip on Sinag and plants the sword point-down with his hands resting on the pommel. He hopes this presents enough of a non-aggressive posture even while staying battle-ready. He waits for Hunter to continue the negotiation.
Jun 23, 2016 5:03 pm
"We're listening, but do make it quick!"
Jun 23, 2016 5:17 pm
Hunter clears her throat, as this is probably one of the few times things seem to be going well. For now. "We've come on behalf of Blingdenstone to discuss a... joint partnership in rebuilding the city. May we speak with the Goldwhiskers?"
Jun 23, 2016 7:53 pm
The lead rat-gnome leans in to whisper to the others. After several tense moments he turns back to you, "Follow me, you'll want to speak to Chipgrin," he says and then (assuming you agree) leads you down a couple of tunnels. A short time later you enter into a large chamber, swarming with gnomes.

A small crowd has gathered here. Most of the assembled creatures are deep gnomes, but some have ratlike features - including a fat specimen standing in front of the others, smiling at you with jagged buckteeth. "Peace," the big wererat says. He takes a step forward, arms extended and hands open. "Chipgrin's the name. I'm chief of the Goldwhisker clan. Shall we talk?"
Jun 23, 2016 8:06 pm
The half-elf rests her staff against her shoulder, and repeats the gesture. "I am Hunter," she says. "Thank you for your hospitality; it is welcome in this land full of danger."

Hunter continues. "It is because of such dangers that we have come. We have been asked by the Diggermattocks of Blingdenstone to speak with you in the hopes of combining strength and skill, and restore the city as a welcome and protective place for all."
Jun 24, 2016 4:54 pm
"Let's go somewhere a bit more private, shall we?" he says, then turns and leads you to a plateau in another part of the chamber. Stairs lead to the top of this rise, where the floor is covered with a soft and well-manicured carpet of green moss. The wererat chief sits on a stone chair flanked by two giant rats. Draped over the chair's back is a cave badger pelt.

"I was hoping to get a chance to speak to someone soon. See, we're having a problem here: We're under constant attacks by the oozes that now infest the northern part of the city proper. We've found that they have a leader, a gnomish leader. I remember him from when he worked in the tunnels, and my kin saw him when he returned. I know who he is, what he's doing, and - most of all - where he can be found! If you and the Diggermattocks want, I can take you straight to him - he what calls himself the Pudding King."
Jun 24, 2016 5:00 pm
"You and the Diggermattocks have a common enemy, it seems," says Hunter. "They also expressed concern with the oozes to the north. And your resourcefulness has led to you discover the person behind the problem."

She pauses for a bit. "May I ask a question? If you know who is responsible and have access, why have you not disposed of him yourself? I'm sure the Diggermattocks would look favorably on such an act, especially since it would benefit both parties."
Jun 24, 2016 10:55 pm
A shudder works its way down Elfog's spine, Not the damned oozes again.
Jun 27, 2016 3:49 pm
"Have you seen how many oozes are down there? We know where he is, but we don't have the gnomepower to get in and get the job done. We are few, and everyone of us is valuable in holding what territory we do have."
Jun 27, 2016 4:50 pm
Hunter nods. She absently brushes her hair out of her face and off her shoulder. "The Diggermattocks gave the same reasons. Currently it seems like the two of you are trying to handle the same problem independently. May I suggest a joint venture? I personally would be happy to lend what assistance I can."
Jun 28, 2016 2:56 pm
"Sounds good to me..." he says as you work together to negotiate a time and place for the leaders to meet. You work your way back and forth between the Goldwhiskers and the Diggermattocks and come to an agreement for them to meet the next day at Diggermattock Hall in the morning.
OOC:
400 xp for a successful negotiation!

Another post coming soon!
load next

Thread locked