Chapter 4: Adventures in Blingdenstone

load previous
Jul 18, 2016 4:24 pm
Hunter wishes to purchase at least two mirrors, both for herself.
Jul 18, 2016 4:28 pm
Mai'ngor sill doesn't understand what a "mirror" is. He asked, but no one answered.
Last edited July 18, 2016 4:29 pm
Jul 18, 2016 4:32 pm
Hunter inspects the mirrors, though she doesn't seem to care about the actual quality, so long as it works. She turns and shows the item to Mai'ngor, allowing him to view himself in its reflection. "Mirror."
Jul 18, 2016 4:49 pm
Mai'ngor's peers at the object. It's like looking at one's reflection in a well-polished shield, but a little better. Or like looking at one's reflection in a pond, but nowhere near as good. "You propose to use this to avoid looking directly at the medusa? Interesting. We approach the monster walking backwards then?"
Jul 18, 2016 4:57 pm
"Well, no," says Hunter. "But right now, you're looking at yourself and not at me. And certainly not at Soliin, who's sneaking up behind you with a big sack."
Jul 19, 2016 5:09 pm
OOC:
Anyone want anything else before you head out?
Jul 19, 2016 10:03 pm
Staring at the ground as the others go about their business Elfog lets out a quiet sigh. Let's move already!
Jul 19, 2016 10:17 pm
Soliin puts his new bag in his current bag and laughs. "Look, a bag with another bag inside! A bag of holding bags!"
Jul 20, 2016 5:06 am
Hunter pauses. She regards Soliin quizzically in silence, then says, "You know, I can't remember the last time I heard a natural laugh."

She half-chuckles to herself at the wondrous mirth of halflings, and even that sound feels strange to her ears. "Thanks," she says and straightens her back, ready to proceed.
Jul 21, 2016 4:08 pm
You are led to the guard post in area 10 (the guard captain does indeed offer a reward: 1,000 gp for the beasts head, or 50 gp each for useful information). They open the door, which leads to a small passage with another door. The door opens to reveal a Y-passage, splitting off to the north and east. To the north, the passage is collapsed, leaving only one direction for you to go.

You follow the passage to the east and enter a chamber that is very reminiscent of the residential area of the occupied portion of Blingdenstone. Every step echoes against walls beyond your circle of light. The air is cold and damp, and you can hear a waterfall somewhere in the blackness, along with faint echoes of battle.

Their is a staircase leading north, which you recognize from the directions that Dorbo gave you to the Stone you need to cleanse. There is the sound of a waterfall in the distance to your east, but you can't see it in the blackness.
Jul 21, 2016 4:22 pm
As they move forward, Soliin creeps along to the side, just within range of the torch light, keeping his eyes, ears, and all other senses open to the sound of something that might sound or look like a medusa, though he doesn't know what a medusa might sound or look like. I gotta figure out some way I can move about down here without the group, without shedding light.

Rolls

Perception - (1d20+4)

(6) + 4 = 10

Stealth - (1d20+7)

(2) + 7 = 9

Jul 21, 2016 5:16 pm
Hunter whispers aloud, "The sound of battle to the east. It's not along our path to the menhir, but I wonder if that's Sarith. His mission may be in the same area." She strains her hearing to pick out any other sounds from the background noise.
Last edited July 21, 2016 5:16 pm

Rolls

Perception - (1d20+3)

(10) + 3 = 13

Jul 21, 2016 5:19 pm
Hunter can't make out anything that would give her a clue about what's happening. It sounds like any other battle to her ears.

Soliin feels like he's the epitome of sneakiness, but can't see anything that screams medusa to him.
OOC:
Are people starting to care about Sarith's well-being?
Jul 21, 2016 5:25 pm
OOC:
Hunter is, only because he's a survivor that endured with the rest of the group. Admittedly, there were times he sorta tried to save his own skin when the odds were bad, but he got his blades into the thick of things often enough that Hunter would at least want Sarith to have a decent life afterward.
Jul 26, 2016 4:46 pm
"Come on," says Hunter, starting off to the east. "If it's Sarith, he might need our help, and maybe he can help us if his task is done. If it's not Sarith, whoever it is may be inclined to offer us aid in return."
Jul 26, 2016 5:01 pm
Soliin shrugs. "You're probably right. And if none of the above, we can just run away?"
Jul 26, 2016 5:16 pm
Hunter nods. "Most definitely."
Jul 26, 2016 5:26 pm
The group heads east, coming closer and closer to the sound of the waterfall, though the battle sounds no nearer. When you near the end of the chamber, you can see a large pool which is fed by a waterfall pouring from a ledge above. On either side of the pool are rough-hewn stone staircases leading up to the ledge above. There are also passages leading both north and south not far from the pool.
Jul 27, 2016 12:42 am
"Where to?" Elfog asks the others as he approaches the pool and looks down into it.

Rolls

Perception - (1d20+4)

(18) + 4 = 22

Jul 27, 2016 12:51 am
Hunter pauses, looking around. "This might be the 'old residences' the svirfneblin told us about. If so, we came too far east, as we're supposed to go to some crystal garden whose entrance is back a bit."

She sighs. "I don't see Sarith, and the sounds of that battle doesn't seem any nearer than when we first heard it. Maybe we should proceed with our task and backtrack to that passage we're supposed to take."
load next

Thread locked