OoC chat

load previous
Apr 1, 2022 6:52 am
Thanks, @soises! I knew he'd be fun to play but didn't expect THIS MUCH fun! πŸ˜‚
Apr 1, 2022 8:04 am
@Len, your alliterations throughout that battle were so on point! πŸ˜„
Apr 2, 2022 10:21 am
I love how Jules turns from this
https://i.imgur.com/ja9cBtE.gif

to this
https://i.imgur.com/e5xMhOe.gif
Apr 2, 2022 11:44 am
Next stop? Becoming Rammsteins lead singer! XD
Apr 2, 2022 12:53 pm
I need to pick 4 new spells from this list of 1st & 2nd level wizard spells.

Right now I'm considering:

β€’ Mage Armor
βœ… Tenser’s Floating Disk
βœ… Protection From Evil & Good
βœ… Rope Trick
β€’ Blur
βœ… Vortex Warp

I'm still staying away from too combat-y damage-dealing spells. Leaning heavily towards utility. In combat, will most likely continue to favor Silvery Barbs.

Any suggestions?
Apr 2, 2022 5:26 pm
My issue with Protection from Evil and Good is that it consumes the material components, so you have to have a steady supply of holy water or powdered metal. The actual amount of holy water is debatable, so if we manage to get our hands on a couple of vials or flasks and Len is generous enough, you might get multiple castings off a few sprinkles here and there.

I love Tenser's disk and rope trick, personally, but I've never managed to use them in-game. I agree about the utility and would like to see it in play.

Vortex Warp sounds amazing and I would definitely pick that.

Len

Apr 2, 2022 7:21 pm
Great battle, everyone. I'm finding your character level up choices interesting to read as well :)
Jabes.plays.RPG says:
@Len, your alliterations throughout that battle were so on point! πŸ˜„
Thanks :) I've been trying to use alliteration and other language tricks to give the narration a light-hearted fairy tale feel.
Jabes.plays.RPG says:
I need to pick 4 new spells from this list of 1st & 2nd level wizard spells.

Right now I'm considering:

β€’ Mage Armor
βœ… Tenser’s Floating Disk
βœ… Protection From Evil & Good
βœ… Rope Trick
β€’ Blur
βœ… Vortex Warp

I'm still staying away from too combat-y damage-dealing spells. Leaning heavily towards utility. In combat, will most likely continue to favor Silvery Barbs.

Any suggestions?
CancerMan gave some great advice there, as usual!

I'm also open to reflavouring the spells to be more timey-wimey. Like, Tasha's Hideous Laughter could catch the opponent into a time loop instead of a fit of laughing. Ray of Frost could slow the opponent because of time manipulation. Same mechanics, different description!

That goes for other characters whose abilities don't quite match their character. We can always chat about it to make sure it fits the game.
Jabes.plays.RPG says:
I love how Jules turns from this
::img::
to this
::img::
Yeah, soises knows how to rogue! I liked the way the whole party played it: In addition to Jules' devastating hit-and-run attacks=, Twisp locked down Agdon early on with Tasha's Hideous Laughter; Reynard's chopped Agdon's HP in half during his devastating action surge; Quennan's entangle locked up a whole group of foes for the whole fight; Verrain milked every possible action out of Beven, simultaneously tanking the brigands' attacks, sleeping foes, and inspiring allies; and even though Sarynn's dice were rotten this time she still dished out and soaked up plenty of hurt.

Len

Apr 2, 2022 7:40 pm
Regarding Protection from Good and Evil, since it lists no cost I will considering it a negligible amount. But, it's not the kind of thing that would be auto-included in a component pouch or be replaced by an arcane focus.
Apr 3, 2022 1:21 pm
7 years! Wheeeeeee! πŸ₯³ I want to thank each one of you for being part of why I love this community!

https://i.imgur.com/AUruEHg.jpg
Apr 3, 2022 3:02 pm
Len says:
Thanks :) I've been trying to use alliteration and other language tricks to give the narration a light-hearted fairy tale feel.
It's having the intended effect. It's working really well!
Len says:
I'm also open to reflavouring the spells to be more timey-wimey. Like, Tasha's Hideous Laughter could catch the opponent into a time loop instead of a fit of laughing... Same mechanics, different description!

That goes for other characters whose abilities don't quite match their character. We can always chat about it to make sure it fits the game.
Tasha's Hideous Time Loop! I love it! Yeah I was thinking the rope for Rope Trick could become a clock pendulum or some such. I've been having lots of fun with Silvery Barbs the way it's been reflavored for Twisp. I'm looking forward to seeing Jules' interpretation of that spell.
Len says:
Regarding Protection from Good and Evil, since it lists no cost I will considering it a negligible amount. But, it's not the kind of thing that would be auto-included in a component pouch or be replaced by an arcane focus.
Side quest? 😁
Last edited April 3, 2022 3:03 pm
Apr 3, 2022 3:22 pm
Jabes.plays.RPG says:
7 years! Wheeeeeee! πŸ₯³ I want to thank each one of you for being part of why I love this community!

https://i.imgur.com/AUruEHg.jpg
Congrats! :)

In my country there is a saying about the damned 7th year, so be careful. ;)

And I/Jules will probably steal Twisps version. It was him who showed Jules how it's done. *G*
Apr 9, 2022 2:58 am
Quote:
I've heard of her swallowing disobedient bullywugs whole!Β 
https://i.imgur.com/BgSogSv.gif
Apr 14, 2022 7:40 am
Beautiful scene, @Len! And the music was just perfect!
Apr 21, 2022 6:03 am
Quote:
also, the balloon fixers never asked for their needle back so Twisp can add a silver needle to his inventory unless he insists on returning it.
I had originally written Twisp just pocketing the items but I've gone back to rewrite it with Twisp intending to return the needle & thread to their owners.

Because:
Quote:
Another defining element of Prismeer are its unique rules... There are strong rules of ownership that define what you own and what can you give up and what happens when you take something that doesn't belong to you. There can be serious consequences for violating these rules, whether you know them or not, and sometimes Fey will try to trap you with these rules.
Last edited April 21, 2022 6:05 am
May 5, 2022 12:14 pm
CancerMan says:
As the others are engaged in their activities, Sarynn goes over to Twisp and the book. Standing alongside as though reading over his shoulder, she directs his eyes to the margin and crafts a small illusion upon the page for the harengon to read.

We must find Illig, the Baron of Muckstump, at once.
Jabes.plays.RPG says:
Twisp nods, and magically scribbles in illusory script in reply,

"Who's that, dear? But yes, I'll help you.

We must also find Mortgort, who helped Wigglewog and Talavar.
Was Illig, the Baron of Muckstump mentioned before? I'm sorry I can't remember. Qnd the site's search function gave me nothing.
May 5, 2022 4:45 pm
No, this is new information.
May 26, 2022 5:40 pm
As posted in Absences thread.
Jabes.plays.RPG says:
I will be traveling the next 72 hours. Internet access (and therefore my ability to post) may be unreliable at times.

Len

May 27, 2022 1:23 am
Have a good trip!
Jun 3, 2022 9:30 am
Does Jules show the others the orb he stole?
Jun 3, 2022 11:38 am
Of course he plans to give the orb with the colour to Quennan. :)
Last edited June 3, 2022 11:40 am
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.