OoC chat

Len

Sep 24, 2021 12:58 am
A place to speak out of character. The game also has a Discord Server for real time conversation.

Len

Sep 28, 2021 4:49 am
Welcome everyone!

For those that don't know me, I'm Len! In real life I'm a computer science teacher and dad of twin 9 year old boys from Canada! Whether I'm playing roleplaying games with my kids or with my students, I love RPGs! I find that meeting regularly for RPG sessions with adults became difficult after having kids, so I took up PbP in 2016, and I really enjoy it. Maybe even better than in-person gaming, though both have their merits.

Some of you have played with me before. I met CancerMan, Jabes, and Naatkinson early on and they taught me everything I know about PbP. I don't think I've ever run a 5e game without at least one of these guys at my side. I had the pleasure of playing with KCC in our Troika! experiment earlier in the year. We crashed an opulent, golden space yacht into a planet in a spectacular mess. Can't wait to play with you again, KCC. And soises and Verrain, this is my first time gaming with you guys. Really looking forward to it. I'll be especially watching out for you two since you guys have less experience with my style. You can always message me or post if there's anything you need, or if you have questions / comments / criticisms.

A note about this adventure: I read this Witchlight adventure and I was really impressed. I've been pretty low on the 5e published adventures lately, but I heard Chris Perkins was in charge of this one and I am a big fan of his work. Not only is this adventure got some great sandboxes (my favorite kind of adventures), but it also feels very fun and light-hearted. I don't know about you all, but I am in the mood for lighthearted fun after all the crap that has gone down through 2020 and 2021!!!

Alright, I'm off to get the Character forum ready! Looking forward to gaming with all of you.
Sep 28, 2021 8:39 am
Hi, folks! I'm excited to be here! For those that don't already know me, I'm Jabes, pastry chef and RPG addict from the Philippines. I've been playing RPGs since 1987, joined Gamers' Plane in early 2015. I'm looking forward to this adventure!
Sep 28, 2021 9:39 am
Hi - I am a 40 year old dad of two kids myself and have played RPGs in many forms since school now. DnD has been my absolute favourite for the last years.

For me a vital point: I want to inform you, that english is not my native language and if I make grave errors in my writing, communicate unclear or seem to be rude or unfriendly thats most likley not my (bad) intention. As Len already said: please let me know. I am very grateful for feedback and a huge fan of direct communication. If you don`t like something that I have said/written please let me know. Thanks!

And: Of couse I am also very happy to come along. *g*
Sep 28, 2021 11:43 am
Good day all. Continuing the trend I am also in my forties with two kids. I have been gaming since blue box D&D and have been playing by email or forum since the 2000s. I've been a member of Gamers Plane for several years but I've been more a lurker than a player. This adventure sounds like it will be quite different for WotC fare and I am quite looking forward to it.

KCC

Sep 28, 2021 12:18 pm
I’m in my early thirties with two kids under two. I’m from Ireland but live and work in South Korea as a teacher. Coming up on my first year at GP now. I’ve enjoyed the format so far, and look forward to see what everyone is playing.
Sep 30, 2021 10:43 pm
I'm 33, divorced, and have three kids (14, 8, 7). Been gaming for nearly 20 years with the same RL group, which is apparently a huge accomplishment. I've played lots of games with Len, Jabes, and CancerMan. Looking forward to getting to know the rest of you a bit better, too!
Nov 30, 2021 3:14 am
Tomorrow is the last day of classes for me, so I'll be able to post in my games again starting Wednesday!
Jan 2, 2022 7:06 pm
I am getting flashes of Guardians of the Galaxy. "Dude, dance off! You and me!"
Jan 2, 2022 7:19 pm
Haha I love that scene!

And I love that Beven is playing along here. The funny thing is, Twisp isn't even trying to confound the brigands or anything. He's totally in earnest! XD
Jan 2, 2022 7:34 pm
To paraphrase an old saying, "When in Crazytown do as the Crazy do."

Len

Jan 3, 2022 2:26 am
I laughed out loud when I read these posts 🤣
Jan 11, 2022 1:04 pm
Len says:
With Twisp's modifications to reduce drag friction, DeLorean averages about 10 feet per six seconds! With a dash of encouragement, you get him up to 20 on a straightaway. Not amazing, but you notice he handles as easily on the mud as he does on the water as he does on dry land (in other words, he does not treat swampy or flooded terrain as difficult terrain).
Mar 2, 2022 11:57 pm
Twisp brings up the rear on DeLorean. He's probably not gonna be the first to interact with these guys.
Mar 14, 2022 5:15 pm
Hi! As posted in the Absences thread, I've been going through a rougher than usual time.

I'm trying to do all the catch-up reading on all my games tonight, and will try to post something here over the next couple of days.

My friend was cremated yesterday. It'll be a few days still before his ashes can be flown home and then there'll be memorial services that I'm helping organize, so I apologize in advance for disappearing again near the weekend.
Mar 14, 2022 7:16 pm
Sorry to hear about your friend. Take the time you need. We'll be here when you are ready.
Mar 23, 2022 5:34 am
Quote:
Silvery Barbs
The chosen creature has advantage on the next attack roll, ability check, or saving throw it makes within 1 minute. 
Does that mean they get to pick? Or does it have to be the next roll to occur that qualifies?
Mar 23, 2022 6:05 am
On the next roll you do. Has to be in under a minute, since someone casted silvery barbs. :)

A powerful spell.
Last edited March 23, 2022 6:06 am
Mar 23, 2022 6:12 am
I love it! I knew Twisp was going to be fun to roleplay. But he's turning out to be fun mechanically in combat as well even though I made it a point to not learn any overtly attack spells.
Mar 23, 2022 6:42 am
And he is very entertaining as well. XD
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.