Character Creation

load previous

Len

Sep 29, 2021 6:10 pm
soises says:
my carneval friend is...

... a harmless, magical wisp of light (no stat block required) that has a flying speed of 30 feet, can hover, and sheds bright light in a 5-foot radius and dim light for an additional 5 feet.

Finished my charactersheet. Please take a look Len and feedback if you see something worth discusing.
Hi soises, can you submit the character to the game on this page? I can't see the sheet until you do that :)
Sep 29, 2021 7:51 pm
Yes, of course! Thanks for showing me. :)

You should be able to see it now.

Len

Sep 30, 2021 12:43 am
Soises, I have approved Jules. He looks delightful, can't wait to see him in play :) You've filled out the 5e character sheet in a functional way but there are a few common practices you might like to learn. For example, in the "Feats/Abilities" section you can hide blocks of text behind a dropdown thingy if you use the "Notes" field.

I'm not sure if the other players have made their characters public (the GM can see them either way) but here is an example of a 5e sheet using that feature. https://gamersplane.com/characters/dnd5/19723/

Len

Sep 30, 2021 1:44 am
Hey everyone, things are coming along nicely. I would like to get started with the opening posts for the adventure on Monday, Oct 4th if possible. First, KCC - how's your character coming? Hit me up on discord, PM on GP, or hit me up anywhere in these forums if you want to chat about them.

Everyone else (and eventually KCC once you get your character going) - let's think about how your characters met one another. Here are some useful tidbits that might help in this regard:

Interestingly, any character who has lost something to the Feywild instantly recognizes another person who has had the same stroke of bad luck. It's not a visible thing, just an undeniable gut feeling that they are like you in that regard.

Secondly, the Witchlight Carnival is a regular phenomenon that visits the Silverymoon area every eight years. It is well known that the Carnival is connected to the Feywild, and rumours abound that if you try to get in without a ticket, then tricksy fey creatures will prey upon you and take something from you. If you were looking for a Fey crossing to gain entry to the Feywild, there is a good chance that there's one within the Witchlight Carnival.
Sep 30, 2021 6:25 am
Quote:
Time and space sort of bend there in weird ways.
Quote:
...the hags of the Hourglass Coven...
Holy crap I knew none of this when I decided to make a time-themed character!

Len

Sep 30, 2021 6:31 am
Me neither! I'm reading the adventure as we go here :D

KCC

Sep 30, 2021 3:16 pm
Yep, apologies for the delay! Work has been, and will continue to be tough for a while, so my posting time is greatly reduced. I’ll have mine in tomorrow morning, all going well (my time)!

Len

Sep 30, 2021 5:48 pm
KCC says:
Yep, apologies for the delay! Work has been, and will continue to be tough for a while, so my posting time is greatly reduced. I’ll have mine in tomorrow morning, all going well (my time)!
I hear you, my week was also unexpectedly busy. Let me know if I can help.
Sep 30, 2021 6:38 pm
Well if any of you would have sought out a library or sage in the area, it would be easy to have met Beven that way.
Oct 1, 2021 6:19 am
I imagine Twisp would have visited the library at least once. Might possibly be a frequent visitor even. Yes, I think it's highly likely they have met. Particularly if Beven has any interest in timekeeping devices, temporal anomalies, and such.

Len

Oct 1, 2021 6:57 am
Silverymoon is definitely a good place to be a sage. From the SCAG:

Folk seeking knowledge that has been lost or hidden often come to Silverymoon seeking a means to find it, whether by studying in the Vault of the Sages or perusing the Map House for the location of a lost city or grove. These are but two of the many buildings and houses of learning in the Conclave of Silverymoon, the great center of knowledge and wisdom that forms much of the city’s southern part. If a map, a book, or a spell exists anywhere in Faerûn, knowledge of it likely exists here, even if only a mere mention in a tome or a recollection of one of the city’s great sages. Candlekeep might be the greatest assembly of written knowledge anywhere in the world, but in the end, that place represents accumulation for its own sake. Silverymoon is where study and wisdom are honored. If your charge is to translate an ancient tome in a lost language, to learn the proper intonation of a complex song, or to better understand the cryptic writings of a long-dead sage, there is no better place to seek aid than Silverymoon.
Oct 1, 2021 10:31 am
Jabes.plays.RPG says:
I imagine Twisp would have visited the library at least once. Might possibly be a frequent visitor even. Yes, I think it's highly likely they have met. Particularly if Beven has any interest in timekeeping devices, temporal anomalies, and such.
Beven is very good at nodding along in the right places as people speak at length about the esoteric fields that are their life. Twisp would have found him an attentive listener and asking just enough questions to show he was following along.

KCC

Oct 1, 2021 1:00 pm
Just have to make some final adjustments to Quennan Amakiir, Drow Druid and visitor to Silverymoon The DM might illuminate me here: The Far Traveller background specifically mentions the Underdark. But our starting locations seems a place like no other. Would much of the flavor of that background be wasted in Silverymoon?
Last edited October 1, 2021 1:01 pm
Oct 1, 2021 5:52 pm
• Trait: I have a hard time staying focused on... oh, and my brain tends to jump from one... did I mention focus?
• Ideal: No Limits. Nothing should fetter the infinite possibility inherent in all existence.
• Bond: I've been searching my whole life for the answer to a certain question... but I've forgotten what it is.
• Flaw: I overlook obvious solutions in favor of complicated ones.
Oct 1, 2021 6:23 pm
Personality Traits: I’m haunted by fey laughter and the voice of my sister, that only I can hear.
Ideals: Wanderlust. I prefer to take the less traveled path. (Chaotic)
Bonds: My sister is the most important thing in the multiverse to me.
Flaws: I think the whole multiverse is out to get me.

Len

Oct 1, 2021 10:11 pm
KCC says:
Just have to make some final adjustments to Quennan Amakiir, Drow Druid and visitor to Silverymoon The DM might illuminate me here: The Far Traveller background specifically mentions the Underdark. But our starting locations seems a place like no other. Would much of the flavor of that background be wasted in Silverymoon?
Hi KCC! We can make the Far Traveller feature work but it probably won't be as pronounced as usual once we get into the Fey Wild. They're used to some pretty strange folks there. I think it would be fairly unique in Silverymoon, but we won't be in Silverymoon itself - the adventure will start outside the city at the Witchlight Carnival. The Silverymoon location is mostly for backstory and situating our imaginations for Forgotten Realms fans :)

I'd say if you want your background feature to definitely matter, Far Traveller is a bit of a gamble.

Len

Oct 1, 2021 10:45 pm
Tonight/tomorrow I'm going to summarize the PCs stories to help facilitate any background story connections (and help me learn your characters better). But, if you want to be a fairly newly acquainted group of people that have met each other on the road the Witchlight Carnival, that is entirely okay too.

KCC

Oct 1, 2021 11:19 pm
Trinkets!

Rolls

1d100, 1d100, 1d100

1d100 : (13) = 13

1d100 : (73) = 73

1d100 : (71) = 71

KCC

Oct 2, 2021 12:15 am
Quennen Amakiir recalled stooping… the luminous fungi had always called to him… A moment later, curiosity sated, he hurried to catch up to his mother… A branching path and a wrong choice… The oppressive dark and rock gave way to light, and air, and sounds of mirth…

It was a memory that swam to the surface of Quennen’s mind from time to time. The type that sat behind the eyes, waiting for rest. The kind that couldn’t be shaken free, or tricked into being forgotten.

A clearing, beside a lake… and a unicorn, shimmering silver in the light…
OOC:
Just working through some stuff :D
Oct 2, 2021 6:36 am
I love it, KCC! ❤🦄
Last edited October 2, 2021 6:37 am
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.