Hello! Hi there!

Be sure to read and follow the guidelines for our forums.

Sep 26, 2021 6:04 pm
Hi! I am totally new to tabletop gaming, but would really like to get into it to wile away the ennui of the pandemic, and maybe continue to have fun even after that. I promise, I'll be quick to learn!
Sep 26, 2021 6:08 pm
Welcome, darkweb!

If you want to see how GP functions, here are links to the New GP Member Guide, the forum rules and this video introduction made by user Qralloq. You might also be interested in looking through some public games as well to get a feel for the site.

To join a game, keep your eyes on the Games Tavern, where GMs advertise their games and look for players.

You're also invited to join us on the Discord server for some friendly conversation, about the site, RPGs in general or anything else!

If you have any concerns or questions, feel free to contact any of the following moderators:

bowlofspinach
CancerMan
Dramasailor
Jabes.plays.RPG
Len
Naatkinson
Qralloq
Keleth (site owner)

Happy gaming!
Sep 26, 2021 6:11 pm
bowlofspinach says:
Welcome, darkweb!
Wym I am not the dark web 😤😛

But thanks for the info! I'll read through it.
Sep 26, 2021 6:12 pm
Hi, hello, howareya.

Welcome, Notthedarkweb, to the wonderful world of RPGs.

What sort of thing do you think you would like to play? Don't worry about systems or rules if you don't know any, but what sort of genres do you enjoy in books, film, or TV? There are games to suit most tastes.
Sep 26, 2021 6:14 pm
Quote:
Wym I am not the dark web 😤😛
Of course not
[ +- ]
Sep 26, 2021 6:15 pm
vagueGM says:
Hi, hello, howareya.

Welcome, Notthedarkweb, to the wonderful world of RPGs.

What sort of thing do you think you would like to play? Don't worry about systems or rules if you don't know any, but what sort of genres do you enjoy in books, film, or TV? There are games to suit most tastes.
Hey! I would be ok with playing anything, although the idea of some narrative games strikes out to me as most fascinating. I am interested in that kind of interactive storytelling.
Last edited September 26, 2021 6:19 pm
Sep 26, 2021 6:17 pm
bowlofspinach says:
Of course not
[ +- ]
🤣🤣😭
Sep 26, 2021 6:17 pm
Welcome!
Sep 26, 2021 6:20 pm
CancerMan says:
Welcome!
Hi! How are you?
Sep 26, 2021 6:28 pm
Hi and welcome to GP.
Sep 26, 2021 6:33 pm
Welcome to the hobby and the community!
Notthedarkweb says:
the idea of some narrative games strikes out to me as most fascinating. I am interested in that kind of interactive storytelling.
What sort of stories do you enjoy?
Sep 26, 2021 6:35 pm
Hello and welcome!
Sep 26, 2021 6:35 pm
Welcome!
Sep 26, 2021 6:46 pm
Jabes.plays.RPG says:
Welcome to the hobby and the community!
Notthedarkweb says:
the idea of some narrative games strikes out to me as most fascinating. I am interested in that kind of interactive storytelling.
What sort of stories do you enjoy?
Any kind of dramatic story, really, lol. I don't have any choices there. Although fantasy could be interesting to start with, I guess.
Sep 26, 2021 7:06 pm
Welcome aboard.
You will find fantasy stories for sure. But also science fiction, horror, spy, super heroes, and other things like life in a magic university or 80s teens investigating mysteries.
Sep 26, 2021 9:14 pm
Welcome to GP, notthedarkweb, and the hobby!
Sep 26, 2021 10:50 pm
Welcome aboard! GP is a welcoming community so don't hesitate to jump in and get your feet wet or hang back and ask questions. Definitely check out the Discord, if you're into that, and Qralloq's YouTube videos on site navigation and player interviews.

Len

Sep 26, 2021 11:06 pm
Welcome to the community, Notthedarkweb!
Sep 26, 2021 11:38 pm
Welcome!
Sep 27, 2021 2:14 am
Notthedarkweb says:

Any kind of dramatic story, really, lol. I don't have any choices there. Although fantasy could be interesting to start with, I guess.
Bowlofspinach offers a fairly quick learners game. It's a cool story and also teaches you a bunch of stuff about tabletop gaming and play by post on Gamers Plane.
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.