A brief salutation.

Be sure to read and follow the guidelines for our forums.

Sep 27, 2021 6:23 pm
Hello,
By the looks of this site I am saddened that I haven't discovered it earlier. It appears to be wonderfully organized and populated with some dedicated members! I'm happy to join the ranks.

This site will hopefully be a welcome reprieve from my several years of gaming via Discord.

I enjoy all manner of tabletop games and I am very careful to apply to only those that truly pull me in. I understand, all to well, the joys and disappointments of playing online and so I only apply to those that I plan to see through to whatever end.

I'm looking forward to seeing where this goes.

Thanks.
Sep 27, 2021 6:25 pm
Welcome, I'm glad to see you've found our cozy hut buried in the forest.

I've also PbPed via Discord in the past, and didn't find it to my liking. Too many flakes/ghosts, too little use of what PbP could be good for, and far too much Avrae.

I'm looking forward to seeing you around and gaming with you!
Sep 27, 2021 6:27 pm
Welcome, Knight!

If you want to see how GP functions, here are links to the New GP Member Guide, the forum rules and this video introduction made by user Qralloq. You might also be interested in looking through some public games as well to get a feel for the site.

To join a game, keep your eyes on the Games Tavern, where GMs advertise their games and look for players.

You're also invited to join us on the Discord server for some friendly conversation, about the site, RPGs in general or anything else!

I also run a beginner's game as a quick introduction to GamersPlane and play-by-post, if you're interested.

If you have any concerns or questions, feel free to contact any of the following moderators:

bowlofspinach
CancerMan
Dramasailor
Jabes.plays.RPG
Len
Naatkinson
Qralloq
Keleth (site owner)

Happy gaming!
Sep 27, 2021 6:28 pm
Welcome - I hope you find some good games.

Your name gave me an association.
https://y.yarn.co/2643ed4a-a1bd-4d31-be61-d11b306e99b0_text.gif
Sep 27, 2021 6:29 pm
Welcome to GP!
Sep 27, 2021 6:53 pm
Welcome to the community, Repentant.Knight!
Sep 27, 2021 7:06 pm
Welcome!
Sep 27, 2021 7:09 pm
Howdy! What kinds of games pull you in the most? Is it the system you look for? The premise? Bit of both? Hope to game with you soon.
Sep 27, 2021 7:14 pm
Welcome back!
Sep 27, 2021 7:17 pm
runekyndig says:
Welcome - I hope you find some good games.

Your name gave me an association.
https://y.yarn.co/2643ed4a-a1bd-4d31-be61-d11b306e99b0_text.gif
That's the best Indiana Jones!
Sep 27, 2021 7:33 pm
SavageBob says:
Howdy! What kinds of games pull you in the most? Is it the system you look for? The premise? Bit of both? Hope to game with you soon.
That's a great question. I think a healthy combo. I've enjoyed the mantra "Play Settings not Systems", so I lean towards systems that more or less get out of the way and I buy into trusting the GM to make rulings where needed.

I think settings draw me in most, systems aside.
Sep 27, 2021 7:35 pm
Which are your favorite settings to play in?
Sep 27, 2021 7:50 pm
bowlofspinach says:
Which are your favorite settings to play in?
Oh, another good one. My favorites are Steampunk Noir (similar to Agents of Concordia or Edge of Midnight. . .a mashup), low-magic fantasy settings (Primeval Thule), and alternate Earth settings.

What about you?
Last edited September 27, 2021 7:53 pm
Sep 27, 2021 9:26 pm
Welcome, Repentant.Knight.
Sep 28, 2021 12:04 am
More of a Temple of Doom fan myself...

Hello and welcome!
Sep 28, 2021 12:50 am
Welcome, Knight. I'm sure that you will find what you seek here. These folk are a good bunch for the most part (and those who don't play well with others typically don't last here).
Sep 28, 2021 12:52 am
Low magic fantasy genres are one of my favorites to play in and run. What systems do you prefer for those games?
Sep 28, 2021 1:40 am
Welcome to GP, Repentant.Knight, hope you enjoy playing here. Great community, and we can always use one more fan of low fantasy settings...
Sep 28, 2021 4:38 am
Welcome aboard
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.