Character Creation and Session 0 questions

Be sure to read and follow the guidelines for our forums.

load previous
Oct 6, 2021 12:53 am
My browser won't upload a replacement picture. Any tips?
Oct 6, 2021 4:26 am
Try pressing on add/replace file, when i attempted to drag in a file, it didn't replace either...
Oct 6, 2021 8:00 am
Do we need to keep track of spell casting components?
Oct 6, 2021 9:28 am
Bubbles says:
Do we need to keep track of spell casting components?
Yes I will try to make sure you follow all of the written rules regarding V/S/M component. I would like to also note following:
If a spell requires verbal component and you cast it while hiding - you will automatically fail your hiding as they will hear you casting unless you cast in a noisy place like next to waterfall or unless monster has no means to hear you.

P.S. If you are interested in acquiring material components for spells where you can't replace them with magical focus - ask NPCs. Spoiler: there will be little chance to get them on day 1, but NPCs in the settlement could make both components and equipment (armor, weapons) but it will take time proportional to the official cost, i.e. creating full plate will take too long, but they could make splint two days.
Oct 6, 2021 10:37 am
Yes, I'll need a component pouch then
Oct 6, 2021 11:49 am
Bubbles, paladin have "a holy symbol" as a starting equipment. And a paladin "can use a holy symbol as a spellcasting focus for your paladin spells", so you component pouch is worthless to you unless you want to RP paladin that avoid his holy symbol
Oct 6, 2021 1:07 pm
No, there are spells that need material components,consumable, for example revivify. I mean i can still carry dem diamonds In my pockets, but i think that a bag would be more practical.

Then again this is solely for RP purposes
Last edited October 6, 2021 1:12 pm
Oct 6, 2021 7:42 pm
GreyWord says:
Bubbles, paladin have "a holy symbol" as a starting equipment. And a paladin "can use a holy symbol as a spellcasting focus for your paladin spells", so you component pouch is worthless to you unless you want to RP paladin that avoid his holy symbol
This is going to be my next paladin, ty for the idea
Oct 6, 2021 8:07 pm
Ufff, my piece was long, but this is probably everything he does before entering the maze
Oct 7, 2021 6:25 am
So this is summary, please let me know languages you know. PIV and PIS stands for passive investigation and passive insight I may refer to on very rare occasions, so please inform me when they change for any reason. This is basically all I need to know to run the game, you will be managing the rest of it yourself.

Anguis 'Greg' Nessus
Race and Class: Fallen Aasimar Paladin oath of the crown
AC/PP/PIV/PIS: 18/9/11/11
Languages: Abyssal, Celestial, Infernal

Phoenix Vey
Race and Class : Half-Drow Celestial Warlock
AC/PP/PIV/PIS: 13/13/10/11
Languages: Elvish, Celestial

Bellow Banyan
Race and Class: Human Barbarian Zealot
AC/PP/PIV/PIS: 14/11/9/13
Languages: dwarvish, goblin, orc

Elrond Gracewill
Race and Class: half-elf sorcerer of Wild Magic.
AC/PP/PIV/PIS: 10/11/11/11
Languages: celestial, elvish, halfling

P.S. Please remind me about Wild Magic Surge when Elrond cast any spell if I don't make it happen it is most probably because I forgot.
Oct 7, 2021 6:47 am
Bubbles: I need to now the deity Anguis sweared to. Note that due to your subclass you are now to decide primary deity worshiped outside the maze. May I assume it is the one you mentioned in the character sheet?
Tenrec: who is Phoenix patron? This will also affect game lore as the upper planes are watching the maze as a tv-show ;)
Oct 7, 2021 9:14 am
This dude
Bubbles sent a note to GreyWord
if you don't like it, we can work something equavalent out.
Oct 7, 2021 9:17 am
In my char sheet I have a tab for languages
Bubbles sent a note to GreyWord
Last edited October 7, 2021 9:18 am
Oct 7, 2021 9:40 am
Asmodeus is cool. I like it. He is part of the Maze Runner scenario lore Now... upper planes and nine hells are watching you
Oct 7, 2021 4:38 pm
My passive investigation is actually 11, and my known languages are celestial, common, elvish, halfling. And yeah I’ll make sure to keep up with the Wild magic surge
Last edited October 7, 2021 4:39 pm
Oct 8, 2021 2:26 am
Bellow is a follower of Trithereon.
Oct 8, 2021 12:54 pm
Since Trithereon is not deity of Forgotten Realms I will not inclue it in the lore, but I am not against you using this deity for your roleplay. You will just never meet him or his worshipers, nor face his deeds.
Oct 8, 2021 6:11 pm
OK we are ready to go. Will start "Day 1" tomorrow. You still have like 12 more ours of real life to get info and other benefits from prologue thread.
Oct 8, 2021 6:34 pm
I’d pictured my patron as some no name Angel of Redemption. Should I pick something bigger or at least pick who they work for or is the no name thing good?
Oct 8, 2021 6:58 pm
Tenrec says:
I’d pictured my patron as some no name Angel of Redemption. Should I pick something bigger or at least pick who they work for or is the no name thing good?
Your choice. If you pick something I could read more lore about I will make it part of the big story. If not - I will find other forces affecting the story. That is the beauty of home brew - we are creating the story together. The ore does not yet exist, we will develop it and I hope you will help me with your ideas.
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.