Prologue: arrival

Be sure to read and follow the guidelines for our forums.

load previous
Dec 24, 2021 6:48 am
OOC:
GeneCortess, now it is time for you to decide if you want to cast shield or take damage from second arrow
Dec 24, 2021 8:27 am
Yeah. Thorem doesn't like damage if he can avoid it. So yes. He will shield the second arrow. But he still takes 10 HP of damage from the critted first arrow.

Thorem 17/28, AC(14)
Last edited December 24, 2021 8:29 am
Dec 24, 2021 10:05 am
You ride almost half mile when it stops in a bigger hall with big double doors and two chests next to the doors.
Chests look like those you have been told about - they are reason you are here, unfortunately bag of holdings is not with you. Nevertheless you have been told that there could be useful items for you, so you may want to open them and check what is inside.

Hall is illuminated by lanterns shedding light that is similar to the light shed by Eldrick's knife.
OOC:
You don't hear zombies or anything. You don't seem to follow you since your cart got very fast by the middle of the road.
Dec 24, 2021 12:23 pm
Thorem will walk over to the chest cautiously and open one of them. Still wishing Eldrick would regain consciousness.
Dec 24, 2021 1:07 pm
You open the chest and see sacks of food in there mostly, but there is a potion among them. As you open potion the smell reminds you of...you take a small sip from it - and indeed! This is a potion of healing!
Dec 24, 2021 4:15 pm
Thorem waste no time and will pour the potion healing into Eldrick to make him something more useful.
Dec 24, 2021 9:37 pm
OOC:
Can we take a break for Christmas? I've got a house full of people today and my daughter, son-in-law and two kids will be staying for several days. I have a hard enough time keeping up as it is. Regarding the death save, I have no idea what the advantage was for. Just because the skeletons can see us in the light? That just seems normal, not worth an advantage so I would think the disadvantage would still apply.
Dec 25, 2021 6:19 am
OOC:
Rules as written : "When a creature can't see you, you have advantage on attack rolls against it."
Eldrick instinctively swallow the content and wakes up in a moment
GeneCortess - roll 2d4+2 to see how much HP he have got
You will discover one more potion of healing in the next chest and also....
OOC:
Merry Christmas. Here is my Christmas gift for you - each player pick one common magical item of your choice and your PC discover that item in the chests. You could use this site for list of available items. Alternatively you could have me pick one for you that I think is the best for you.
Note: if you choose an a generic armor it will have to be any "mail" (i.e. scale mail or chain mail)
GreyWord sent a note to Aldrusian
Dec 25, 2021 6:44 am
Healing potion used on Eldrick.
OOC:
Common magic item: MASQUERADE TATTOO. Thorem already had Tattoos, so it isn't a big change.
Last edited December 28, 2021 6:34 pm

Rolls

healing potion - (2d4+2)

(43) + 2 = 9

Dec 29, 2021 8:11 pm
Eldrick finally wakes, shakes his head vigorously and asks, "What happened? Where are we?" He tries to climb out of the cart. As he lifts himself off the ground after falling out of the cart he flexes his back and says, "Whoa, that hurts. What hit me?" He then looks around to get his bearings.
Dec 29, 2021 8:13 pm
OOC:
I will let you select for me since everything I click on at the site I'm taken to requires that I buy something.
Dec 30, 2021 1:37 am
Thorem says as he opens the other chest as well, You spent too much casting instead of running. Skeletons shot you down.
Dec 30, 2021 6:43 am
OOC:
Aldrusian, I suggest you chose between one more healing potion and this:
[ +- ] Clockwork Amulet
Also we could continue the game if you are ready.
Note that you have to choose between short rest, try to explore the room you are in at the moment or spend time removing stones of the collapsed wall (there are quite a lot of them).
You two realise you are in a larger "cave" with a doors that are barricaded by the collapsed wall.
Dec 31, 2021 5:24 am
Eldrick shuffles over to the chest that Thorem is looking through and says, "I thought it might take you more than one try to open that door and I could deal with that zombie more easily with a spell than leave us both open for an attack by it. And I had no idea that skeletons could shoot a bow that well." He spies a small vial at the bottom of the chest and pulls it out. "This could be another healing spell. Seems like I'll be needing plenty of them." Slipping the vial into a pouch at his hip Eldrick begins to look more carefully around their cave. "Shall we dig our way out of here or stop for a rest for an hour or so?"
Last edited December 31, 2021 5:26 am

Rolls

Perception roll to notice anything unusual or unnatural to the cave - (d20)

(13) = 13

Dec 31, 2021 5:46 am
Time to get those stone out of way. We may need that way to escape. Thorem start removing stones.
Dec 31, 2021 7:10 am
GeneCortess, do you want to describe how magic tattoo reach your body or how your existing tattoo becomes magical when you find something in the chest?
OOC:
So Eldrick now have 2 potions of healing potions: there were one originally plus one as my xmas gift
Eldic, you spend some time (5 minutes) looking around the cave and you count 5 more places around with the walls collapsed. The walls are human made - they acre cut into the rocks. You also notice that the floor is different in direction from the place was cart stopped and into the direction of the doors - you could guess that it was a more used path. You also discover similar path leading to two of the 5 collapsed wall segments.
OOC:
As Eldick spent his 5 minutes, Thorem could also do any action - please describe what you do
Dec 31, 2021 8:10 am
Thorem removed what must have been a magic tattooing tool from the chest. I had seen such tools as he has many tattoo on himself. When he picked it up he could something different about it. The simple brushing against his current tattoo on his arm seem to release the magic energies of it. He can now feel that tattoo like he never could before. He can even make it move and reshape upon himself. He tossed the tool in his backpack, but really couldn't feel anything about it like before. He suspects it is used up to make his own tattoo something more.
Jan 1, 2022 4:22 am
"I can't tell which of these pathways would be our best choice. Three of the five seem to be more used but could they lead deeper into the mine with no way out? The most worn path seems like it would be used a lot for entry into the mine. Let's try one of the less travelled paths." Eldrick looks to Thorem for a response.
Jan 1, 2022 7:24 am
We need to be able to return. I agree less travelled path. Lets do it. Lead on.
Jan 1, 2022 5:07 pm
OOC:
I see my last post is a bit messy. Not sure if you understood it. What I want to say is this:
1. There is a door. You may need to spend 1-2 hours excavating it in order to open it as it is opening inside
2. There are 5 more places you could excavate, you have reasons to believe two if them collapsed on a "travelled path"
2.A The 5 places are approximately same sized and it would also take 1-2 hours to fully remove stones, but you may not require to remove all of them to find have a hole to squeeze through
3. You still have option to go back following rails (though you would have to face quite an undead force)
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.