Day 1

load previous
Oct 13, 2021 4:46 pm
French, technically you have disadvantage as you have worm next to it, but as it is but crawling way I will not count it. You still miss with your 7 to hit.
Worm is crawling on the wall - Elrond, Angius - you could do opportunity attack with a weapon you are holding.
Zombie tries to attack bellow with disadvantage.
But Bellow is more than ready to escape

Please do opportunity attacks and next turn - either in one post or separate as you wish

Rolls

Zombie slam to hit - (1d20+3)

(5) + 3 = 8

Zombie slam to hit disadvantage - (1d20+3)

(4) + 3 = 7

damage - (1d6+1)

(1) + 1 = 2

Oct 13, 2021 4:52 pm
OOC:
I did decide to use quickened to attack twice
Opportunity attack on worm

Rolls

Quarterstaff - (1d20+3)

(1) + 3 = 4

Quarterstaff damage - (1d8+1)

(1) + 1 = 2

Oct 13, 2021 4:57 pm
While finishing his spell Elrond tries to hit an escaping worm with the staff, but arms still radiate frost and you see how his Quarterstaff covers in ice and Elrond instinctively release it avoiding the cold damage, but the icy stuff jumps off the ground right back into Elrond's arm.
OOC:
technically there are no penalties for Nat 1, but I will use the opportunity to joke on you
Oct 13, 2021 5:01 pm
GreyWord says:
While finishing his spell Elrond tries to hit an escaping worm with the staff, but arms still radiate frost and you see how his Quarterstaff covers in ice and Elrond instinctively release it avoiding the cold damage, but the icy stuff jumps off the ground right back into Elrond's arm.
OOC:
technically there are no penalties for Nat 1, but I will use the opportunity to joke on you
Haha I like it
Oct 13, 2021 6:02 pm
Anguis attempts a move that has been passed down for centuries "Whack a worm" with the sharp side of the sword. (Opportunity attack).

Then he steps 10 ft off the wall and prepares for the worms next attack (dodge action)
Last edited October 13, 2021 6:22 pm

Rolls

To hit. (Longsword) - (1d20+5)

(11) + 5 = 16

Damage (Longsword) - (1d8+5)

(1) + 5 = 6

Oct 13, 2021 7:40 pm
Angus finds a crack this time worm's skin , it makes ugly noise but keeps going.
It is now 10 ff from you, crawled up.
Oct 13, 2021 7:45 pm
I see the zombie frost up and know Elrond is freezing it. I dodge another round.
Last edited October 13, 2021 7:46 pm
Oct 13, 2021 9:17 pm
On Elrond’s next turn he yells to Bellow

Do Something! Aaaaagh

and fires another beam of frost at the Zombie (or at the worm if the zombie is dead by then)

Rolls

Ray of frost attack - (1d20+5)

(14) + 5 = 19

Ray of frost damage - (1d8)

(3) = 3

Oct 13, 2021 9:21 pm
Phoenix will once again snap his fingers and summon divine flames to assault the disgusting worm. Hoping that it’ll die quickly so he can stop looking at it.
OOC:
Another Dex Save 13. Permanent prone ain’t good for Eldritch Blast.
Phoenix Vay
HP:27/27
AC:13
DC:13
Last edited October 13, 2021 9:22 pm

Rolls

Sacred flame - (1d8)

(7) = 7

Oct 14, 2021 4:26 am
after yet another ray of forst zombie becomes very slow and finally falls still. Worm however continues crawling and has reached ceiling (20 ft under your heads.
It us your turn again.

Rolls

worm dex save - (1d20+1)

(16) + 1 = 17

zombie forritude - (1d20+3)

(1) + 3 = 4

Oct 14, 2021 4:35 am
OOC:
Elrond didn't move, right? then worm has almost made it's way to be rind above you
Oct 14, 2021 4:36 am
Elrond looks down at his hands that are still blue and beginning to be covered in long icicles

Well apparently this is working

And fires another Ray of frost, this time at the worm, while also moving 10ft to his right
Last edited October 14, 2021 4:37 am

Rolls

Ray of frost attack - (1d20+5)

(10) + 5 = 15

Ray of frost damage - (1d8)

(7) = 7

Oct 14, 2021 4:53 am
French. Since worm effectively frozen and can't move this turn and out of range you will finish him no problem.
I want You to describe how you finish it an is it you or phoenix sacred flame.
You are out of combat!
Oct 14, 2021 7:21 am
As battle is over I would like to remind you that the cave has 4 entries/exits: a narrow one you came from and 3 more - S and N are larger, E is smaller but not as narrow as the one you came from. You also see the pile of rocks at SE, where the other worm disappeared. You understand that more monsters could be hiding behind those rocks.
Besides floor is still covered with dead bodies, while ceilings are covered with stalactites - unless your characters ar totally dumb, they understand that some of those may be other worms.
So what do you do now?
Oct 14, 2021 7:37 am
I suggest that, if we choose to continue on those paths, we keep to a single wall, so we don't get lost.

Anguis shrugs while putting away his shield and cleaning his sword with a cloth.

Then there's also a lot of bodies here, they may possess valuable resources, I suggest that we check have a slight look around before we move on.

Anguis begins to slowly, cautiously move around the room looking around for objects of practical use and value, yet he stops shortly, the room is just too disgusting to keep his attention for long.

Scrach that, I doubt this rotting ditch would hold anything of value...

His face contracts into an expression of pure disgust.
Last edited October 14, 2021 7:55 am

Rolls

Perception - (1d20-1)

(1) - 1 = 0

Oct 14, 2021 11:42 am
Not sure why did you roll perception, but as you start searching bodies, your passive investigation is good enough to realise there is something strange: bodies are not lying randomly, they are evenly distributed through the cavern and you could even spot the 3 place from where 3 zombies raised. You also realised that they have nothing but rotten clothes on them.
OOC:
Meta info: anyone who want could do medicine skill check on zombies DC 10, if you pas you may learn something, but if you fail I will gran you poisoned condition for 1 hour (that's the best way I could mechanically reflect your character feeling sick of that). Anyone proficient with medicine could benefit of help from other player, but in case of a failure helper will also suffer the same penalty
Oct 14, 2021 1:58 pm
As Elrond hit the last worm over their heads with a frozen blast of air the worm froze solid. Just al Elrond and the rest of the party take a breath to accept that the encounter is over the frozen worm explodes into thousands of snowflakes that slowly fall to the ground all around the room. A beautiful mixture of ice with spits of blue Wild magic float gently to the ground. For a moment Elrond is reminded of winters at his home. Tracking prey through the wilderness while huge fluffy snowflakes fall to his shoulders, and the time he would spend admiring the beauty of it all. Elrond is quickly transported back to the cave, looking around at the group the anger of being plucked from his home to be forced into this place leaves his face permanently angry.

Let’s get through this damn Maze so we can go home

Elrond starts following Anguis
Oct 14, 2021 5:09 pm
Phoenix allows his stance to relax as the danger finally comes to pass.
Rolling his shoulders he asks, "Anyone need a bit of healing? Those Zombies looked like they hit hard."
Divine light coalesces at his finger tips as he rejoins the group at large.
Oct 14, 2021 5:28 pm
I retrieve my javelin, and turn back to the group just in time to enjoy the snow fall--short as it is. To Phoenix, I'm not hurt. They just wiped out my good mood from Lilly's pep talk. I walk along the wall to the south with the others.No obvious treasure here. I'm ready to move on unless anyone wants to search more.
Oct 14, 2021 7:21 pm
I have not taken any damage, and I don’t think we should wait around for more of those things to come back. I cautiously walk over to the rocks in the corner of the room to look for any chest around them.
Last edited October 14, 2021 7:22 pm

Rolls

Perception - (1d20+1)

(10) + 1 = 11

load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.