Day 1

Oct 9, 2021 10:06 am
OOC:
You could still continue posting in prologue and gain more benefits. I will sum up your benefits in about 24 hours from now real life
As you move into the maze through the doors it appears as a labyrinth. Sunlight from the outside disappear after a few corners. Walls come closer- corridor is only few feet wide and you have to squeeze.
OOC:
Please decide your moving order and tell me what distance do you keep from each other (minimum 5 ft).
Also decide you you light a torch or other source of dim or bright light, because even with darkvision you have disadvantage of perception and -5 penalty to passive perception. While bringing any source of light will make any creatures aware of your presence: even if your light radius is 10 or 20 feet creatures from 100 and 200 feet could see the light

You hear seldom cracks and ground vibrating - this is what the other mare runners described you previously usual for this place, you don't hear any voices, screams or whispers that they warned you of.
Oct 9, 2021 2:56 pm
Assuming I received Firbolg's and Selune's blessing of dark vision... Tight hallway, single file. I can take point. I tend to react faster than most people.
Last edited October 9, 2021 3:02 pm
Oct 9, 2021 11:25 pm
"Lead on then."
Phoenix will fall into step directly behind Bellow.
Oct 10, 2021 5:27 am
Yes have darkvision for 1 hour. So Bellow goes first. Who next and at what distance (5ft or more) ?
Oct 10, 2021 2:02 pm
Elrond makes sure to enter last, he has no trust that his companions won’t stab him in the back the second they get the chance to get the best prize they can. He stays 5 ft behind the person in front of him.
OOC:
So that means the order is Bellow, Phoenix, Anguis and then Elrond
Last edited October 10, 2021 3:40 pm
Oct 10, 2021 3:30 pm
Taking a handaxe in each hand, Bellow looks at his companions to get one more assessment of the team. It's an unknown. Well, let's not waste time. My vision won't last long.. He turns and heads in at a normal walking pace.
Oct 10, 2021 4:01 pm
OK, so your moving order is: Bellow, Phoenix, Anguis, Elrond. As you move you feel sick because it smells of rotting and dead. But you have no choice but to continue.
After a few minutes walking path leads remarkably downward. With his superior darkvision Bellow spot a larger cave (something like this)
However while looking for details there [ ooc] and because in the dark you have -5 penalty to your passive perception[/ooc] when you step on just another stone it turns out to be skill and it breaks under your weight.
Bellow: you must to dexterity saving throw (you do it with advantage as barbarian because you could see. DC 10 (or you will fall and roll down).
OOC:
English is my 3rd language, so sorry if the wards I chose to use are not appropriate, do ask me if anything is unclear.
Oct 10, 2021 4:44 pm
Watch your footing here. The rocks are loose.
Last edited October 10, 2021 4:45 pm

Rolls

Dex to avoid fall... - (1d20+2)

(6) + 2 = 8

...with advantage from Danger Sense - (1d20+2)

(9) + 2 = 11

Oct 10, 2021 5:14 pm
OOC:
English third language?! Wow I had no idea, your English is very good. Impressive
Oct 10, 2021 5:27 pm
OOC:
Your Danger Sense saves you this time!
You all hear skull cracks and Bellow start falling but he swings his two hand axes into the walls and stops, hanging. You hear Bellow heavy breath and you hear ... Grumbling, Snarling, Hissing from the cave
OOC:
Everyone roll history check to see if you could recall what could it be. DC 15 - it is not so easy to what you have red based on what you hear but do not see yet.
In any case, you continue slowly and carefully until bellow could see the whole cave. He see a humanoid form on the other side of the cave, but as you only see shared of grey you can't really understand what it is. I've marked green bubbles for you and red for the creature you see.

https://i.imgur.com/jHr7O1E.png
OOC:
If you move any feet you must do stealth check
Oct 10, 2021 5:39 pm
Whispering, What's that sound like? Then move slowly and quietly 15 feet in and to the right wall.

Rolls

History - (1d20-1)

(3) - 1 = 2

Stealth - (1d20+2)

(10) + 2 = 12

Oct 10, 2021 5:51 pm
Elrond thinks to himself I swear i've heard that sound before

He doesn't move until the rest of the party does, staying behind everyone else.

Rolls

History check to identify noise - (1d20-1)

(16) - 1 = 15

Oct 10, 2021 6:11 pm
Bellow - you step over other skills and and over some rotten flesh... there is a mess of dead bodies both humanoids and beasts. You make some noise stepping on the bones, but they don't seem to be loud enough for the creature to pay attention.

Elrond, the smell around you and the sound complete the puzzle in your mind - you are certain that the creature you see is a ZOMBIE!
OOC:
You should know that zombies are unable to do ranged attacks and are mindlessly attacking any creature they see
OOC:
Everyone: don't forget you have all 7 temp hp due to inspiring talk from Lilly
Oct 10, 2021 6:34 pm
Phoenix will follow closely behind Bellow to keep him covered. "Careful, I’m almost certain that there’ll be more than one."
OOC:
Phoenix will move to the space next to Bellow.
OOC:
Maybe I shoulda stayed put. Such terrible rolls.
Last edited October 10, 2021 6:37 pm

Rolls

History - (1d20)

(3) = 3

Stealth - (1d20+4)

(5) + 4 = 9

Oct 10, 2021 6:37 pm
Elrond immediately understands the danger we are in, and does not hesitate to act.

He cast 2nd level spell Misty Step as a bonus action to move 30 ft (hopefully silently?) ahead, putting myself at the front of the group and 60 feet away from the zombie.

He then casts Ray of Frost (Cantrip with casting time of one action) to attempt to take out the zombie before he even realizes that Elrond is there.
OOC:
I don't know if misty step is mechanically silent in your game or if you want a stealth check? If the stealth check is not at advantage then I wont bother using it and will just walk forward.

Rolls

Ray of frost attack - (1d20+5)

(1) + 5 = 6

Ray of frost damage - cold damage - speed reduce by 10 - (1d8)

(5) = 5

Oct 10, 2021 7:08 pm
OK, everyone roll initiative. French - you will need to repeat your actions in initiative, but you will get surprise round.
OOC:
My ruling is this: any spell with verbal component automatically make all enemies aware of your presence (unless they are deafened). If spell do not require verbal component I may ask you to do stealth check.
Oct 10, 2021 7:15 pm
Ok thanks

Initiative

Rolls

Initiative - (1d20)

(16) = 16

Oct 10, 2021 7:36 pm
Initiative
OOC:
This is not a good start.
Last edited October 10, 2021 7:37 pm

Rolls

Initiative - (1d20+2)

(2) + 2 = 4

Oct 10, 2021 7:38 pm
Holding both his shield and "Diplomacy" (sword) Anguis huffs...

And here i thought that the only lethal things here we're the smell and the poor architecture.

As he gets distracted by the awful odor, he whispers.
Oh hells, have mercy...
Last edited October 10, 2021 7:43 pm

Rolls

History - (1d20+1)

(8) + 1 = 9

Initiative - (1d20)

(2) = 2

Oct 10, 2021 7:54 pm
Fourth man now in front? Impressive.
Last edited October 10, 2021 7:55 pm

Rolls

Initiative - (1d20+2)

(14) + 2 = 16

load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.