OOC chat

load previous
May 31, 2022 2:16 pm
Thanx on the roll info. Makes things look clearer.
May 31, 2022 6:03 pm
please specify damage type.
As far as I understand
Quote:
The extra damage is necrotic or radiant; you choose the type of damage when you gain this feature
bellow extra damage type to be announce. Enemy may resist some (or be immune to). please also remind me if your weapon is a magical one.
May 31, 2022 6:37 pm
OOC:
My weapon is not magical.
My Divine Fury damage is Radiant.
Jun 3, 2022 8:35 am
"OOC:
Mal? Are you still with us?
"

Is HeroAmongMen (Mal'i'Gott') still playing with us?
Jun 3, 2022 9:14 am
HeroAmongMen says:
Just a heads-up for you all. I will be on vacation starting on Thursday 5/26-Thursday 6/2, and I don't know if I will make any posts during that time.
I hope he will post today
Jun 6, 2022 5:12 pm
Hey all, I'm back!
Jun 10, 2022 7:35 am
@Bubbles and others who maybe wondering
I want to share some insight into how I narrate/decide hellhound behaviour
1) Anguis is right, hellhound can be trained to following orders.
The training has not yet been carried out however. It is only threatened not trained.

2) You all have seen that hellhound do not eat. If burns the flesh. It's killer instinct is not caused by need stuff the stomach. The instinct requires him to kill for the stake of killing and inflicting pain to creatures.

3) Being immune to fire hellhound do not have concept of using his fire-breath carefully to avoid burning his pack (even if we assume it treat other PCs as his pack). I want to rule that this will be very problematic to teach hellhound to avoid burning PCs. But he will not attack (bite) any PC unless h decide to fight you to death for whatever reason.

P.S. Don't forget Hellhound is a fiend not beast. You wouldn't expect imp to behave similar to angel just because they look similar, would you? I don't think of hellhound decisions as if it a dog. I think as if it is a devil himself.
Jun 10, 2022 7:57 am
Sure, but as a player I want to point out that Aguis is not the wisest, so it will take some trial an error for him to get this trough, also, he has no clue on how to train anything except probably a soldier.... that he has no memory of...
Last edited June 10, 2022 7:58 am
Jun 10, 2022 8:08 am
Perfect. We are on the same page. I plan to assume that hound will get trained (through trial an error) in by next day or two depending on amount of trails.
Jun 10, 2022 11:18 am
Thorem can fix the training. In fact, bring it to a dead end! This particular Hell Hound has now roasted his front and his back today. If it wasn't for the fact that he is an extremely sturdy mountain dwarf it would have killed him twice. So Anguis can imagine that the Hell Hound is now living on barrowed time.
Last edited June 10, 2022 11:20 am
Jun 10, 2022 9:59 pm
whelp, then hope that Anguis doesn't find out. cuz there are a fe options there if he does.

1. big saddo
2. angry violence
3. cold served vengeance

unfortunately at the moment I only see these 3 as options for Anguis..... Cuz he literally believes that taming the hound is a god-sent challenge for him, to prove himself before the great secretive plotter.
OOC:
sooo GM, opinions on in party violence?
Last edited June 10, 2022 10:05 pm
Jun 11, 2022 6:28 am
Opinion: Bubbles, am I missing something, but sounds like you are playing "that's what my character would do" thing here.

Mechanics:
1. I do not mechanically disallow PvP behaviour
2. I will use my as DM ability no narrate and introduce NPCs/environmental things to prevent things I do not want to experience in my game. PvP is number one.
Jun 11, 2022 8:28 am
I'm playing around and putting possible results on the table to see which ones are allowed and which ones are not, to be prepared with a appropriate reaction when it will be needed.

Appropriate reaction - a reaction that would follow the characters personality, but still will be contained in the "limits for enjoyable roleplay".

Hence i must clearly see what are the said limits.... This train of thought lead to my last post...

Logically thinking if Torhem wants to murder the hound as a player (bubbles) I'm alright with it, but as Anguis i won't be exactly happy with it.....hence if the murder is done well enough that he notices nothing there will be reaction A if he notices that someone is connected to it there will be reaction B.

Simple as that, there's nothing really hidden under the dock...
Last edited June 11, 2022 8:36 am
Jun 13, 2022 7:20 am
ANNOUNCEMENT
I have decided retire this game. Will do that mechanically tomorrow

Reason
I admit It was all my fault as I avoided interrupting party interpersonal conflict, assuming that players will take care of that eventually.

P.S.
Thanks everyone for being part of the game so far, I did enjoy most of it and have learned quite a few lessons as DM. Most important - I have no idea how to properly DM pbp games. Looking forward to play with you as player in other games.
Jun 13, 2022 12:46 pm
Well. Thanx for the game.
Jun 13, 2022 9:07 pm
Yep, thanks for the game!

You do not have permission to post in this thread.