OOC chat

Be sure to read and follow the guidelines for our forums.

load previous
Oct 24, 2021 4:47 pm
I will make my turn after phoenix, need to know if the dude is still conscious or not ...
Last edited October 24, 2021 4:47 pm
Oct 24, 2021 5:53 pm
I did not think that through but I will accept that there is a verbal component
Oct 24, 2021 7:28 pm
While we wait for Anguis turn I suggest you to discuss here your next actions, you will very soon kill the last mechanical spider and need to decide what do you do next.
Oct 25, 2021 6:52 pm
By the way - should anyone want to investigate further anything from where you have been already - you need to tell me details of where and what. You may as well tell me you character is investigating everything but it will consume some time. From what I understand you have only been investigating floor for possible traps. So you missed the tiny holes in roof where spider came from.
Oct 26, 2021 11:12 am
I have impression that I as DM failed to deliver message about this place to you as players. My conclusion comes from Anguis thinking "rock gnomes so paranoid". I'm really worried about this game as I've made it with assumption that your characters - adventures who managed to survive as many battles as to reach lvl 8 - have some tricks to make proper decisions most of the time.
Question
If I would explain you the situation and the clues you see in the tomb - would it help your characters do any better and avoid taking this much damage+spend resources trying to go through the most heavy protected part of the tomb, using brute force.

Suggestion
If any one of you think his character is wise enough and have some gut feeling about this place - I will allow you to roll Wisdom ability check
Quote:
Other Wisdom Checks
The DM might call for a Wisdom check when you try to accomplish tasks like the following:

Get a gut feeling about what course of action to follow
Oct 26, 2021 8:32 pm
It's good, it's all my fault, at the begging you told us something about a rock gnome and this place, i think, so i got fixated on the fact.

Tbh long texts ain't my best thing, but I'm fighting this problem head-on.😅🙂
Oct 27, 2021 6:41 am
Point taken, less lore text more conclusions that your character make from that.
Oct 30, 2021 7:42 am
I would like to get any (i.e. including negative) feedback of the puzzle traps I designed in this tomb. I have a feeling you are not getting fun of solving them and I blame myself. I should probably not make any more of those player-puzzles and stay with problems that you as a player clearly understand the options and the risks of.

Example: I wonder why didn't you try to investigate floor for :more used paths" back in the rooms you have been earlier. I told you you don't see them in the long hall
Quote:
Around you - where you just had a battle and as you have light now you clearly see no paths
. Perhaps I should have suggested directly to look for them in other room using a light?
Oct 30, 2021 8:05 pm
Because the barbarian suggested we continue on this path. We agreed.
Oct 30, 2021 8:06 pm
Now Anguis has a reason to tread back.
Oct 31, 2021 9:29 am
Bubbles, if all you do is poking ground with your stick you do not find the walked path. In order to do that you need to use your hands to clean up the dust. You could describe where do you move poking the ground to for me to understand if you reach any of the traps on the ground
Oct 31, 2021 9:36 am
exactly where Angus is about to step , if there's nothing, then he's glad no to fall through another pit.
[ +- ] About the movement tehnique i was talking about.
Last edited October 31, 2021 9:42 am
Oct 31, 2021 10:00 am
You mean I should take back the fact that you discovered floor is more used in the place where you stand because that is not what you are bothered about
Oct 31, 2021 12:22 pm
Bubbles. I've decided to delete my and your last posts in the game chat. As Anguis are poking the ground with the stick he see all ground intact and noticed nothing else strange as is too focused on looking for pit traps.
P.S. Sorry for trying to guess your character actions, will now wait for you guys to tell me exactly what you do
Oct 31, 2021 3:28 pm
It's alright, I get it, its hard to resist the urge to control and trust your players.
Nov 1, 2021 10:25 pm
Don't forget you could do a short rest at any time. There will be small chance that new monsters will appear somewhere if you do so, but you will eventually need to take at lest some SR during the day. Yes I was hoping you will not it it by now, but well... you were not as lucky I as hoped you will be.
Nov 1, 2021 10:31 pm
It's alright, we can at least take another combat, i still have my asimar HP pool and a couple of spell slots.

Also i decided to add a little verbal component to anguis spells, since i thought that this would make it a bit more immersive.... It's a spoiler so you're free to skip, if your character doesn't know the language and you don't want to metagame or you just don't care.
Last edited November 1, 2021 10:34 pm
Nov 3, 2021 8:16 pm
Im sorry for being aloof, did we find any magic items yet or only food?
Nov 11, 2021 1:26 am
Hey guys. Sorry I haven’t been very active, I’m going through some stuff right now and don’t have the mental capacity to keep up with my games. I’ll need to take a temporary hiatus. DM you can write me our of the narrative for now if you’d like (a wizard mysteriously takes me out via a portal?). I’m sorry
Nov 13, 2021 8:45 pm
Bubbles, Gnellson I am getting more players into the game meanwhile feel free to continue exploring. I will stop you in case you encounter any enemies or come close to next traps, though as you have the map now you should have the idea where the traps are.
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.