OOC chat

Oct 11, 2021 8:02 am
In case you want exchange some meta (OOC) info, ask rules question etc. - please use this thread.
Answering possible question:
Although you will discover that cage is full of dead stinky bodies, it does not impact movement - terrain is not a difficult.
Ceilings up to 30 feet high covered with stalactite, so moving with spider climb of similar feature there would be a difficult terrain.
The only objects one could take cover behind are rocks near the zombie.
One square on the grid is 5 feet
I have not yet decided how to move and measure diagonal distance, will do it approximate for now, in case of uncertain I will try to pick what is best for players. But we will see if it works.
Nat20 - I will double the rolled damage dice for simplicity.
Oct 11, 2021 8:05 am
Feel free to argue or suggest alternatives. I.e. we may do NAT20 as your roll+max of the roll dice. i.e. if you roll d20=20 and 2d6 as 2+5 the critical damage would be 2+5+6+6. I'm just afraid if monster do nat20 a PC who is target may be quite upset.
Oct 11, 2021 8:23 am
I know that you like to keep things orderly, but aren't you getting a bit carried away with the amount of chats/threads?
(Maybe I'm the only one that does not get it.)
Last edited October 11, 2021 8:24 am
Oct 12, 2021 9:34 pm
Player tip: Spells that don't require an attack roll, like Acid Splash, never suffer disadvantage.
Oct 12, 2021 9:48 pm
GreyWord says:
Feel free to argue or suggest alternatives. I.e. we may do NAT20 as your roll+max of the roll dice. i.e. if you roll d20=20 and 2d6 as 2+5 the critical damage would be 2+5+6+6. I'm just afraid if monster do nat20 a PC who is target may be quite upset.
Can we please do simpler criticals? Like double the dice or double the numbers rolled on dice??
Oct 13, 2021 4:48 am
yes I am using double number for critical right now. open for anything majority vote for
I'd prefer double dice if everyone is ready to check their rolls and di extra post upon crit
Oct 13, 2021 6:52 am
I like the crit additional dmg as average for the dice rounded up. A critical d6 would be its roll plus 4 dmg.
Oct 13, 2021 4:50 pm
Gnellson says:
I like the crit additional dmg as average for the dice rounded up. A critical d6 would be its roll plus 4 dmg.
That's something! I like it. If everyone agree I am up to use this instead of double the damage
Oct 13, 2021 4:56 pm
That works for me
Oct 13, 2021 5:58 pm
Then I would ask you kindly to be forever bound to remind me of this, because I will forget
Last edited October 13, 2021 5:58 pm
Oct 13, 2021 6:03 pm
can we still reach the worm?
Oct 13, 2021 6:06 pm
Not with melee, worm is 10 ft up on the wall
Oct 13, 2021 6:18 pm
oki ty
Oct 14, 2021 11:58 am
Not sure if I told you this already, but I want you to know: this scenario is not un rails. Whatever you do - it will have impact on the story limited by my ability to improvise. As a DM I resist "you accomplish nothing unless you do what I want you to do" type of game.
You will almost always accomplish something, but it will only be something important if I can figure out how to properly incorporate it into the story
Oct 14, 2021 1:32 pm
I rolled perception to see if Angius still remembers the sight of the dead.... If it makes the case a bit more logical...😅
Oct 14, 2021 6:09 pm
Hey, all. Since you don't hurry to take any meaningful actions I could give you a hint. Your characters may or may not - as you wish - remember that other maze runners told you monsters are always in areas with chests. So you may need to search the chest.

One more note - as described in game description, you must be ready to fight 6-8 medium difficulty fights like this one before the long rest. And you do remember that a short rest means risk to meet more monsters. Meta-game info: short rests will not add more monsters to areas you have not yet been to, only in the areas you have cleared already (or - if unlucky, then into the are where you try to take short rest, this interrupting it)
Oct 14, 2021 7:58 pm
In case you didn't know - rules clarification regarding passive perception
Quote:
Within a specified range, a creature with Darkvision can see in Darkness as if the Darkness were dim light
Quote:
A given area might be lightly or heavily obscured. In a lightly obscured area, such as dim light, patchy fog, or moderate foliage, creatures have disadvantage on Wisdom (Perception) checks that rely on sight.
Quote:
If the character has advantage on the check, add 5. For disadvantage, subtract 5.
This means that your passive perception is -5 in the cave when you need to spot something. It is your normal when you want to hear or smell something, though I am ruling that you also have disadvantage on smell in this particular cave for obvious reasons.
You still have torches with you... but well you know everyone will see the light from afar.
Oct 15, 2021 2:17 am
Well my passive perception is 4, so i ain't the best lookout
Oct 15, 2021 3:04 pm
Just to let you know I am waiting for any actions from you.
If you are not comfortable making actions I could invent following custom rules:
Whenever you want you just roll d20+wisdom modifier and ask DM to describe what a character does, I will decide what it does based on the roll
Alternatively you could ask DM to secretly roll your intelligence and suggest some "smart ideas" based on the roll :).
In any case result 11+ will be more or less good, while 10 and less will be suboptimal. If you score 0 or less on wisdom your character may decide jump into lava.
Oct 17, 2021 7:02 am
hint: with pp below 10 it is impossible to detect any traps even simplest ones
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.