OOC chat

Be sure to read and follow the guidelines for our forums.

Oct 11, 2021 8:02 am
In case you want exchange some meta (OOC) info, ask rules question etc. - please use this thread.
Answering possible question:
Although you will discover that cage is full of dead stinky bodies, it does not impact movement - terrain is not a difficult.
Ceilings up to 30 feet high covered with stalactite, so moving with spider climb of similar feature there would be a difficult terrain.
The only objects one could take cover behind are rocks near the zombie.
One square on the grid is 5 feet
I have not yet decided how to move and measure diagonal distance, will do it approximate for now, in case of uncertain I will try to pick what is best for players. But we will see if it works.
Nat20 - I will double the rolled damage dice for simplicity.
Oct 11, 2021 8:05 am
Feel free to argue or suggest alternatives. I.e. we may do NAT20 as your roll+max of the roll dice. i.e. if you roll d20=20 and 2d6 as 2+5 the critical damage would be 2+5+6+6. I'm just afraid if monster do nat20 a PC who is target may be quite upset.
Oct 11, 2021 8:23 am
I know that you like to keep things orderly, but aren't you getting a bit carried away with the amount of chats/threads?
(Maybe I'm the only one that does not get it.)
Last edited October 11, 2021 8:24 am
Oct 12, 2021 9:34 pm
Player tip: Spells that don't require an attack roll, like Acid Splash, never suffer disadvantage.
Oct 12, 2021 9:48 pm
GreyWord says:
Feel free to argue or suggest alternatives. I.e. we may do NAT20 as your roll+max of the roll dice. i.e. if you roll d20=20 and 2d6 as 2+5 the critical damage would be 2+5+6+6. I'm just afraid if monster do nat20 a PC who is target may be quite upset.
Can we please do simpler criticals? Like double the dice or double the numbers rolled on dice??
Oct 13, 2021 4:48 am
yes I am using double number for critical right now. open for anything majority vote for
I'd prefer double dice if everyone is ready to check their rolls and di extra post upon crit
Oct 13, 2021 6:52 am
I like the crit additional dmg as average for the dice rounded up. A critical d6 would be its roll plus 4 dmg.
Oct 13, 2021 4:50 pm
Gnellson says:
I like the crit additional dmg as average for the dice rounded up. A critical d6 would be its roll plus 4 dmg.
That's something! I like it. If everyone agree I am up to use this instead of double the damage
Oct 13, 2021 4:56 pm
That works for me
Oct 13, 2021 5:58 pm
Then I would ask you kindly to be forever bound to remind me of this, because I will forget
Last edited October 13, 2021 5:58 pm
Oct 13, 2021 6:03 pm
can we still reach the worm?
Oct 13, 2021 6:06 pm
Not with melee, worm is 10 ft up on the wall
Oct 13, 2021 6:18 pm
oki ty
Oct 14, 2021 11:58 am
Not sure if I told you this already, but I want you to know: this scenario is not un rails. Whatever you do - it will have impact on the story limited by my ability to improvise. As a DM I resist "you accomplish nothing unless you do what I want you to do" type of game.
You will almost always accomplish something, but it will only be something important if I can figure out how to properly incorporate it into the story
Oct 14, 2021 1:32 pm
I rolled perception to see if Angius still remembers the sight of the dead.... If it makes the case a bit more logical...😅
Oct 14, 2021 6:09 pm
Hey, all. Since you don't hurry to take any meaningful actions I could give you a hint. Your characters may or may not - as you wish - remember that other maze runners told you monsters are always in areas with chests. So you may need to search the chest.

One more note - as described in game description, you must be ready to fight 6-8 medium difficulty fights like this one before the long rest. And you do remember that a short rest means risk to meet more monsters. Meta-game info: short rests will not add more monsters to areas you have not yet been to, only in the areas you have cleared already (or - if unlucky, then into the are where you try to take short rest, this interrupting it)
Oct 14, 2021 7:58 pm
In case you didn't know - rules clarification regarding passive perception
Quote:
Within a specified range, a creature with Darkvision can see in Darkness as if the Darkness were dim light
Quote:
A given area might be lightly or heavily obscured. In a lightly obscured area, such as dim light, patchy fog, or moderate foliage, creatures have disadvantage on Wisdom (Perception) checks that rely on sight.
Quote:
If the character has advantage on the check, add 5. For disadvantage, subtract 5.
This means that your passive perception is -5 in the cave when you need to spot something. It is your normal when you want to hear or smell something, though I am ruling that you also have disadvantage on smell in this particular cave for obvious reasons.
You still have torches with you... but well you know everyone will see the light from afar.
Oct 15, 2021 2:17 am
Well my passive perception is 4, so i ain't the best lookout
Oct 15, 2021 3:04 pm
Just to let you know I am waiting for any actions from you.
If you are not comfortable making actions I could invent following custom rules:
Whenever you want you just roll d20+wisdom modifier and ask DM to describe what a character does, I will decide what it does based on the roll
Alternatively you could ask DM to secretly roll your intelligence and suggest some "smart ideas" based on the roll :).
In any case result 11+ will be more or less good, while 10 and less will be suboptimal. If you score 0 or less on wisdom your character may decide jump into lava.
Oct 17, 2021 7:02 am
hint: with pp below 10 it is impossible to detect any traps even simplest ones
Oct 17, 2021 9:38 am
I know, i know
Oct 19, 2021 3:05 pm
French, when did you prepare an action? (Im curious ^^)
Last edited October 19, 2021 3:06 pm
Oct 19, 2021 3:07 pm
I didn’t prepare an action, I am just describing what I’ll do on my first turn. I did word it to sound like it was prepared so I will fix that.
Last edited October 19, 2021 3:08 pm
Oct 19, 2021 3:10 pm
French did initiative +submitted fist round actions, which is correct. I will resolve the action in initiative order. Should all spiders be dead by his initiative for whatever reason, I will ask him for new action.
Oct 19, 2021 3:18 pm
Oh.... ok Big thanks, I misunderstood it. ^^'
Last edited October 19, 2021 3:18 pm
Oct 19, 2021 3:18 pm
I forgot that you do your actions and then see what happens here
Oct 20, 2021 6:51 am
If i remember correctly anguis didn't get attacked yet, right?
Oct 20, 2021 6:56 am
exactly. Spider were running toward you, reached you and decided (for some reason) to turn toward Phoenix
Oct 20, 2021 6:59 am
Okay, then pacifism and Diplomacy prevails, I'll start persuading others to stop. 10 words per round.
Oct 20, 2021 7:35 am
Bubbles, sorry this for confusion, you can't do anything yet I have not "resolved" your current turn yet. All you could do for now your reaction - you either kick or you don't. You could do what you posted on your next turn - after monster turn is over and after Bellow swings hist both axes and Elrond fires his crossbow
Oct 20, 2021 7:39 am
And - no you don't need to roll anything. I don't see how would you be able to "fail" to deliver so simple and straight forward message.
It is up to players however how they think their characters react as they understand your opinion.

P.S. I think it is easy to persuade someone that smoking kills, make them stop smoking is not.
Oct 20, 2021 8:44 am
GreyWord says:
Bubbles, sorry this for confusion, you can't do anything yet I have not "resolved" your current turn yet. All you could do for now your reaction - you either kick or you don't. You could do what you posted on your next turn - after monster turn is over and after Bellow swings hist both axes and Elrond fires his crossbow
Oki, no kick then
Oct 20, 2021 8:44 am
GreyWord says:
And - no you don't need to roll anything. I don't see how would you be able to "fail" to deliver so simple and straight forward message.
It is up to players however how they think their characters react as they understand your opinion.

P.S. I think it is easy to persuade someone that smoking kills, make them stop smoking is not.
Noted, thanks
Oct 20, 2021 5:58 pm
Gnellson, why second attack is +3? You should have +2 from rage. Am I missing something?
Oct 21, 2021 7:07 am
I added the performance check to the last post
Oct 21, 2021 8:54 am
Bubbles, ok for this turn you could do it like Eminem "tongue-twisting average of 4.28 words per second" - up to 25 words. Please state what Anguis is saying or twisting :)
Oct 21, 2021 9:40 am
Added the full text (exactly 25 words) to the last post
Oct 21, 2021 9:47 am
Done, exactly 25 words!
Oct 21, 2021 11:14 am
everyone please pay attention to what your teammates are doing and what signals they send before submit your next turn. Except "Bellow sees Elrond's silent gesture. I purse my lips tightly and make an angry face... and keep on hacking spiders." - this will happen on next turn only
Oct 24, 2021 5:59 am
French you realize shocking grasp has a verbal component, right?
Oct 24, 2021 4:47 pm
I will make my turn after phoenix, need to know if the dude is still conscious or not ...
Last edited October 24, 2021 4:47 pm
Oct 24, 2021 5:53 pm
I did not think that through but I will accept that there is a verbal component
Oct 24, 2021 7:28 pm
While we wait for Anguis turn I suggest you to discuss here your next actions, you will very soon kill the last mechanical spider and need to decide what do you do next.
Oct 25, 2021 6:52 pm
By the way - should anyone want to investigate further anything from where you have been already - you need to tell me details of where and what. You may as well tell me you character is investigating everything but it will consume some time. From what I understand you have only been investigating floor for possible traps. So you missed the tiny holes in roof where spider came from.
Oct 26, 2021 11:12 am
I have impression that I as DM failed to deliver message about this place to you as players. My conclusion comes from Anguis thinking "rock gnomes so paranoid". I'm really worried about this game as I've made it with assumption that your characters - adventures who managed to survive as many battles as to reach lvl 8 - have some tricks to make proper decisions most of the time.
Question
If I would explain you the situation and the clues you see in the tomb - would it help your characters do any better and avoid taking this much damage+spend resources trying to go through the most heavy protected part of the tomb, using brute force.

Suggestion
If any one of you think his character is wise enough and have some gut feeling about this place - I will allow you to roll Wisdom ability check
Quote:
Other Wisdom Checks
The DM might call for a Wisdom check when you try to accomplish tasks like the following:

Get a gut feeling about what course of action to follow
Oct 26, 2021 8:32 pm
It's good, it's all my fault, at the begging you told us something about a rock gnome and this place, i think, so i got fixated on the fact.

Tbh long texts ain't my best thing, but I'm fighting this problem head-on.😅🙂
Oct 27, 2021 6:41 am
Point taken, less lore text more conclusions that your character make from that.
Oct 30, 2021 7:42 am
I would like to get any (i.e. including negative) feedback of the puzzle traps I designed in this tomb. I have a feeling you are not getting fun of solving them and I blame myself. I should probably not make any more of those player-puzzles and stay with problems that you as a player clearly understand the options and the risks of.

Example: I wonder why didn't you try to investigate floor for :more used paths" back in the rooms you have been earlier. I told you you don't see them in the long hall
Quote:
Around you - where you just had a battle and as you have light now you clearly see no paths
. Perhaps I should have suggested directly to look for them in other room using a light?
Oct 30, 2021 8:05 pm
Because the barbarian suggested we continue on this path. We agreed.
Oct 30, 2021 8:06 pm
Now Anguis has a reason to tread back.
Oct 31, 2021 9:29 am
Bubbles, if all you do is poking ground with your stick you do not find the walked path. In order to do that you need to use your hands to clean up the dust. You could describe where do you move poking the ground to for me to understand if you reach any of the traps on the ground
Oct 31, 2021 9:36 am
exactly where Angus is about to step , if there's nothing, then he's glad no to fall through another pit.
[ +- ] About the movement tehnique i was talking about.
Last edited October 31, 2021 9:42 am
Oct 31, 2021 10:00 am
You mean I should take back the fact that you discovered floor is more used in the place where you stand because that is not what you are bothered about
Oct 31, 2021 12:22 pm
Bubbles. I've decided to delete my and your last posts in the game chat. As Anguis are poking the ground with the stick he see all ground intact and noticed nothing else strange as is too focused on looking for pit traps.
P.S. Sorry for trying to guess your character actions, will now wait for you guys to tell me exactly what you do
Oct 31, 2021 3:28 pm
It's alright, I get it, its hard to resist the urge to control and trust your players.
Nov 1, 2021 10:25 pm
Don't forget you could do a short rest at any time. There will be small chance that new monsters will appear somewhere if you do so, but you will eventually need to take at lest some SR during the day. Yes I was hoping you will not it it by now, but well... you were not as lucky I as hoped you will be.
Nov 1, 2021 10:31 pm
It's alright, we can at least take another combat, i still have my asimar HP pool and a couple of spell slots.

Also i decided to add a little verbal component to anguis spells, since i thought that this would make it a bit more immersive.... It's a spoiler so you're free to skip, if your character doesn't know the language and you don't want to metagame or you just don't care.
Last edited November 1, 2021 10:34 pm
Nov 3, 2021 8:16 pm
Im sorry for being aloof, did we find any magic items yet or only food?
Nov 11, 2021 1:26 am
Hey guys. Sorry I haven’t been very active, I’m going through some stuff right now and don’t have the mental capacity to keep up with my games. I’ll need to take a temporary hiatus. DM you can write me our of the narrative for now if you’d like (a wizard mysteriously takes me out via a portal?). I’m sorry
Nov 13, 2021 8:45 pm
Bubbles, Gnellson I am getting more players into the game meanwhile feel free to continue exploring. I will stop you in case you encounter any enemies or come close to next traps, though as you have the map now you should have the idea where the traps are.
Nov 14, 2021 6:25 pm
Ok we have a player swap and I made it as reasonable as I can. Please do not try to look for clues in what just happened, I have simply removed two characters until players are back and willing to continue and put a new character in. Please continue as 3 players because I do not have any new applicant at the moment. Besides I hope Phoenix could be back any time soon.
Nov 15, 2021 8:03 am
Ye, let Solar run!! He ain't even standing next to Nessus!! XD

Bubbles sent a note to GreyWord
Last edited November 15, 2021 8:51 am
Nov 15, 2021 11:27 pm
So Lucas investigated the map, right? I'm not sure what to understand from the answer though, haha. I must be missing something about the significance of this map and the statues and stuff. Could somebody sum it up for me, please?
Nov 18, 2021 7:33 am
Araklusta, forgot to mention - I provided short summary in game chat. To get more insight you will need to read game chat from page 15.

somethingsomethingbirds1: let me clarify situation with mage hand. All I want is for You to describe what does the mage hand do - does it touch, lift, push or otherwise interact with the object. If you don't want to make that decision as a player, just let me know - I could do the decision for you based on a roll. In this case it would pure wisdom check.
Nov 18, 2021 10:35 am
Hey, hey. Players. I feel like we have some miscommunication here:
1. I apologise to somethingsomethingbirds1 if it felt like I am behave offensively on your mage hand casting. All I wanted to say that I was missing your description on the result of your mage hand casting. Could we agree that I delete my posts and you complement your post describing what did others saw when your invisible mage hand interacted with the object?
It triggered no traps or anything, so it is all up to the player to describe

2. In the game chat I will only respond to player actions that either cause some reaction from monsters or mechanisms that you don't know about. I will keep silent if nothing unexpected happens. If you want me to interaction - just ask me to.
Nov 18, 2021 5:10 pm
Sorry for not posting yesterday, I've been really sick. Apparently not COVID, as of my test this morning, but I was surprised. Should be able to make a post later this afternoon.
Nov 18, 2021 6:10 pm
I don't think what you did was coming of as offensive at all. I've played with several DMs who interpret the capabilities and function of mage hand several ways. I'm big on your game, your interpretation. No offense on my end.
Nov 19, 2021 7:07 am
Bubbles, could you remind me please which object did Anguis target with the Light cantrip. Lucas don't have darkvision so I may need to manage his vision limitation.
P.S. You could all assume you have at least few torches with you.
Nov 19, 2021 7:18 am
GreyWord says:
Bubbles, could you remind me please which object did Anguis target with the Light cantrip. Lucas don't have darkvision so I may need to manage his vision limitation.
P.S. You could all assume you have at least few torches with you.
Bellows shirt
Last edited November 19, 2021 7:18 am
Dec 2, 2021 7:27 am
HELP! Please tell me if I am missing something
1. After my last post in game chat I was expecting Lucas to react on it somehow. Wasn't it obvious? ​

2. We seem to have players dropping too often. Is this trapped room too boring, annoying or just too hard for party that want to fight monsters?

3. Any recommendations for improving this game, do you want more choices, make choices more obvious or remove the choices whatsoever. Or should I find ways to explain you in details how the traps work as you fail to discover it yourself. Or should I make your character discover it even if you as a player fail to imagine actions to do so?

For example: you choose not to test/investigate/analyse the Statue that stopped casting fear magic at you, you probably forgot that the statue at first altar also had that yellow marker. As a DM I had a specific "trigger" for each trap. It was "on touch" of the floor for the spider trap in the hallway. Technically it was Magic Mouth cast on each of floor panels - the magic lasts forever no concentration required. The spiders have this feature:
Voice Lock. The vox seeker must move toward and attack the source of the nearest voice within 60 feet of it, to the exclusion of all other targets, for as long as it remains operational.
Dec 2, 2021 8:07 am
Okay, here's my two cents about it:
1. Since DND is about roleplay the concept of being something obvious is a 'shady topic' for example i have a campaign rn where people have been figuring out a puddle for a week now...at the same time i see that they mostly enjoy the process, because if they wanted to speed up, they would have 'turned on logic' , if you get what i mean.

2. Players drop often - yes.
In my case, me as a player and Anguis are done with the place, but aren't in a rush to leave it, due to the fact that it's more dangerous to travel alone. Though he has 0 trust towards our angel brought buddies.

I don't mind the puzzles or how you DM, but personally found the place slightly boring, if you compare it to food - i would call it bland, not unedible, just bland to the taste.

3. Maybe add 'sum spice'? I like the current amount of clues, because i will often attempt to guess what they are based on observation rather than logic, as i did before.

Also you should mention, make more obvious that the game is meant to be a survival one, not a pure roleplay sandbox. It will help in finding the right players, because not everyone reads everything and not everyone is there to play everything...
Last edited December 2, 2021 9:27 am
Dec 2, 2021 9:06 am
enlightening! Anyone want to add anything - I am still willing to have feedback

As for now I plan to speed up a game to get you out of the tomb - honestly I am also bored with what is going on there. I will attribute this my mistake to lack of forum game DMing experience. Hope that next scene will be more playable. If not - then I just give up as forum DM.
Dec 2, 2021 9:17 am
Bruh... don't take my words too much to heart, I told you what I did and how i did is because i trust you to be good enough to take it head on. I mostly did it because you know what kind of person i am.

Besides, giving up because of a couple of scratches ain't sport....

I should know that pretty good, had sum nasty rumors and lost a couple of 'friends' when i began DM-ing.

Anyhow, don't think about it too much, look at it as an research experiment, if something goes not as you want it, change the variables then observe and analyse the results....if it doesn't meet the margin- rinse and repeat until you have enough data.
Last edited December 2, 2021 9:18 am
Dec 3, 2021 10:53 am
I've unlocked prologue thread. I've decided to alter history and assume there were one more team of maze runners. You will eventually meet in the maze and work together. I would like to keep both threads in parallel - you will have opportunity to introduce your new team members as if you met them "in the morning" at camp in prologue thread. While we will keep progress as 3 of you work through the maze.
Dec 13, 2021 2:49 am
Sorry to be silent. Life has been busy. I'll catch up soon.
Dec 15, 2021 11:23 pm
So... Sup with the fight?
Dec 16, 2021 6:41 am
Yes I was hoping that Araklusta would join the fight eventually, but unfortunately you are alone.
To give you a chance to balance encounter I will allow you to do insight check on this enemy
Dec 16, 2021 2:15 pm
Bellow is good for two rounds and then he will fall. We're going to need a lot of luck.
Dec 16, 2021 2:56 pm
Gnellson, could you please tell me if you as a player understood that you are passing by a creature that is pretending to be statue. Did you decide that your character would ignore that fact or was it my fault providing poor description to you as a player?
If you have good in character reason for that I will give you inspiration, but please tell us - so far I am but confused

P.S. I was about to give you a surprise round if you would attack it, not sue why didn't you
Dec 16, 2021 9:30 pm
I've just figure out that one way to solve the issue would be to put GeneCortess new character right into the buttle starting next round. That would ridiculous for him to fall from the sky right into the battle, but I could arrange that.
Dec 16, 2021 10:56 pm
You can, but then I would like to have a heatstroke check for Anguis XD

The poor bloke is already really paranoid. I personally think that this is a good moment for you to improve as a DM, cuz this is a pretty uncommon, yet not unsolvable situation. I personally want to see how creative you can be with the situation and available assets.
Last edited December 16, 2021 11:01 pm
Dec 17, 2021 6:37 am
OK. I will proceed as planned originally don't want to torcher your character. Your current encounter is indeed not unsolvable situation.
Dec 17, 2021 1:11 pm
Everyone!
Check out games tavern. there are two new 5e games opening. Probably it is time to close this game and move there.
My enthusiasm for this mage suffered from high player drop rate lately and it has contributed the player experience, so it looks like we are not having fun in this game any more.

I will try my best to continue this game if at least 3 of you will ask me to do so.
Waiting on your feedback.
Dec 17, 2021 1:25 pm
Bruh, why do you always give up so fast?

Personally like the game, of-course there are moments when your inner rule/order keeper ticks me off, but it isn't that important for me, for I also need to learn to accept people.

Bubbles sent a note to GreyWord
Last edited December 17, 2021 2:19 pm
Dec 17, 2021 3:19 pm
You know what, let's finish the battle the way it was designed and without any divine interventions/help from me
If you manage to survive we continue. I still believe you can survive if you start rolling above 10 on D20 :)
Dec 18, 2021 4:18 am
I'm up for continuing. Maybe another party hears the fight and comes to help.
Dec 18, 2021 4:33 pm
Bellow are you still standing? You suffer 11/2=5 HP
Dec 28, 2021 7:56 am
The game story progress is suspended till January-3. I will be reading the forum regularly and ready to answer any questions, I just want to have all players completely back in the game before we continue.
Dec 28, 2021 9:19 am
oki
Dec 28, 2021 4:04 pm
GreyWord says:
Bellow are you still standing? You suffer 11/2=5 HP
Bellow got as low as 5 HP. Long rest restored him to 25 of 32.
Dec 31, 2021 6:55 am
OK, we could slowly continue the game , but if anyone is busy with NW don't worry - I will wait for everyone to respond to my posts before move on.
Dec 31, 2021 8:33 am
oki, im ready
Dec 31, 2021 8:52 am
One important notice.
All 4 of current PCs have met this morning at the breakfast (porridge)
So when you will eventually meet in the maze - you should be surprised that two teams are meeting each other, but you do recognise each other immediately.
If you remember each other name - that is up to you, but let's assume Lilly told you who are participants of the other teams.
Dec 31, 2021 9:06 am
oki
Jan 21, 2022 11:22 am
Eveyone, I'm wondering what is the reason for so low player activity lately.
Are you bored/unsatisfied with athletics checks and choosing piles? Let me know! I can skip this particular challenge and move on.
Jan 21, 2022 5:54 pm
idk, its like that everywhere, I think you're overreacting
Jan 22, 2022 8:37 pm
I think you're right on target, Grey. None of the characters think that going back the way they came in is going to get them anywhere they want to go. I've been playing this game for well over 40 years and the one thing I've learned about managing a game is that you shouldn't really follow the dice too closely. There is an option to make all rolls open for everyone to see. I don't like to use that option when I'm DMing. If I find the game dragging, I try to move it along by whatever means necessary.
Jan 27, 2022 2:01 pm
Hey everyone.
I want to do something I've seen other DM doing on gamesrplane. I will be posting story progress every evening in interval 19:00-21:00 UTC. If you miss your post before that time I assume your PC does nothing.
Will start tomorrow, so next 29 hours we do as before - I post progress whenever I see sufficient input from at lest one player.
Feb 23, 2022 3:47 pm
OK, since Aldrusian have been inactive over a week I assume we are down to 3 players again, but I don't want to hire any new players before we end day one, will try to adjust difficulty.
Feb 27, 2022 5:44 pm
I hope you enjoy a little bit of social insertion.
Honestly I was hoping to tear some of the lore dumps on you, but failed. Will try again later, but I don't plan to give away easy. If you feel like everything around is totally dumb, let me know and I will give some minor lore/reasoning to what is happening in the maze for free
Mar 1, 2022 8:39 pm
One more question - everyone OK if I roll for your a roll required as part of your turn? Or you would like to roll everything yourslef? I'm fine either way, just wanted to move forward.
Mar 1, 2022 8:43 pm
You can roll in my stead, i don't mind.
Mar 2, 2022 4:26 am
Feel free to roll for me anytime you feel the urge.
Mar 2, 2022 9:34 pm
Torhem has the dilemma of his lifetime rn, lol.
Mar 2, 2022 10:46 pm
Smiles. Just the way he is. Actually, haven't seen the way was before he lost memory.
Mar 10, 2022 7:03 am
A note about mimic. I am actually a bit confused about this creature mechanics/behaviour, i.e. could is "see" in the object form, but I can't find any mechanical drawback for their object form in the monster sheet, so I will rule there are none. I will also rule that any weapon attack, even failed one actually touches mimic due to it's Adhesive trait stick to it.
If a weapon stick to mimic you could use action to make Str check DC13 to try to get your weapon back.
If you stick to it, to escape that you could also to Str check DC13, but with disadvantage
Mar 11, 2022 12:59 am
"I will also rule that any weapon attack, even failed one actually touches mimic due to it's Adhesive trait stick to it. If a weapon stick to mimic you could use action to make Str check DC13 to try to get your weapon back. If you stick to it, to escape that you could also to Str check DC13, but with disadvantage."

Mimics are so much fun.
Mar 11, 2022 1:48 pm
What should I roll if i want to stick the javelin further in the mimic not pull it out?
Mar 11, 2022 2:41 pm
Javelin is not IN it. it adhere TO it. Still same rules str check as action
Mar 12, 2022 9:28 am
Hey, I don't remember who got them but I believe one of you have javelin -1 and another one javelin -2. You could still use them with negative modifier. This is probably the battle where it is better -1 than nothing.
The chests are actually good enough to work as improvised weapons as well.
Mar 12, 2022 8:34 pm
Winks. The way Thorem has been doing. Might not have to worry about killing the mimic. Although Thorem is going to run out of weapons to use and using cantrips to blast it does better after he loses both his greataxe and warhammer to sticky glue.

Smiles and it is the dear Mimics turn too. Unless that warhammer did it in. Wishful thinking.
Last edited March 12, 2022 8:36 pm
Mar 12, 2022 8:47 pm
Winks. Now it has a warhammer attached to it too. :).. Grrr. Drats. Still alive. And kicking. Welcome to Fire Bolt next. Party has already seen Thorem cast Shield and Magic Missile. So adding Fire Bolt is no big deal. Fire Bolt does better damage then the two handaxes that Thorem has.
OOC:
Edit: Our lucky it has 50 HP. As we have done 49 to it.
OOC:
Edit: And Thorem will continue his off key singing. So bad considering Thorem can't remember he used to be an entertainer. This has to be him at his very worst possible. After all he used to have an income doing such. Perhaps he needs to change over to Common language and do better (LOL. New roll has to be better as it can't get any worse.)
OOC:
Edit: And this dear mimic is doing the one thang that disturbs Thorem the most. It is interfering with LOOT Gathering! And mind you. Thorem has a vengeful second nature! Kill the Mimic. Kill the Mimic.
OOC:
Edit: Later he can make song/story about his exploits today whenever he returns back. He can also play that Dulcimer that in/attached to his backpack too. Don't know that there is too many entertainers around, but actually Thorem is a notable one. Has "By Popular Demand" besides being a fairly good warrior type.
Last edited March 12, 2022 9:20 pm
Mar 12, 2022 8:53 pm
yeh. this could have been tough fight for melee characters. axe and warhammer are both attached to mimic just as morningstar. It is a quite an arsenal, but mimic is close to die.
Mar 13, 2022 8:47 am
GreyWord says:
Hey, I don't remember who got them but I believe one of you have javelin -1 and another one javelin -2. You could still use them with negative modifier. This is probably the battle where it is better -1 than nothing.
The chests are actually good enough to work as improvised weapons as well.
Angius has one -1 javelin the other one is Bellows.
Mar 13, 2022 5:42 pm
Since it is again just 3 of you I plan to hire 2 more players soon. They would join you next day after you return to the settlement and level up.
That is assuming 3 of you find this game good enough to continue.
Let me know also if you have any suggestion for how to change and improve game. I have no idea about what will happen next game day yet. So everything is possible.
Mar 14, 2022 12:32 am
As long as posting is good I'm happy. As this is much a hack and hack adventure. :)
OOC:
Edit: Throem is getting tired of decorating the mimic.
Last edited March 14, 2022 12:51 am
Mar 14, 2022 8:04 am
It's good, though why don't you give us a pet and we follow Tasha's rules where the thing gains fighter levels?

Imean we can wait for more players, if you prefer that.
Mar 14, 2022 8:19 am
first - you will not wait. My plan - new players will get onboarded in parallel to you 3 fighting final boss.
second - for the final boss this may indeed be a good idea to add some animal/construct companions helping you in the fight. Thanks for idea will explore that.
Mar 15, 2022 6:33 am
IMPORTANT NOTICE:
I've decided only make an insignificant balance tweak to make battle possible to win for 3 player team, however I will let you as players know that the this battle will not be lethal to the team. Should you loose the fight your character will be resurrected. You are ultimately fighting only to acquire some magical items protected by the day 1 final boss.

Given that I will be very open to any clever out of combat ideas that would help you gain some tactical advantage.
Hint: do not forget to use anything you have seen or collected in the maze so far.
Mar 15, 2022 8:34 am
Where is bob the builder when you need him?! XD
Mar 28, 2022 9:51 am
Alright, how much are you guys against a flame-thrower dog at the cost of a couple of villagers?
Mar 28, 2022 4:39 pm
Thorem considers that the way this place is. The hell hounds should have chests associated with them. Perhaps very nice ones too! He plans to risk is life and limb to try to get such at the moment.
Mar 28, 2022 8:41 pm
Just a note - You saw 3 chests but so far have ignored them
Mar 28, 2022 8:45 pm
Ack! I'm so bad about details. Yeah. Kill the Hell Hound and get the three chests! Game plan.

Thorem would love to blast that Hell Hound from a distance with is Fire Bolt but what is the point. He is currently out of casting Slots, Action Surge, Second Wind.
Last edited March 28, 2022 8:46 pm
Mar 30, 2022 6:29 am
Theoretically this is only know lore to Anguis, so don't open the spoiler if you are not ready to metagame your PC not knowing that.
[ +- ] What Thorem and Bellow do not know
If you have any question my interpretation of the above text or have suggestion how should I - I'm open for discussion.
Mar 30, 2022 6:32 am
Woot! We have a HELL HOUND! (I like surprises and have no plans to open up the spoiler!) Later "What!?! You brought that fiend in and it has killed our children!"

Really, Thorem has no trust on the Hell Hound and would rather have killed it. I'm guessing he does know it isn't natural and is evil by horror stories. That of course is assuming he knows of it.

He however isn't about to harm it as it appears Anguis 'Greg' Nessus has become instantly attached to it. And it isn't immediately attacking us.
Last edited March 30, 2022 6:40 am
Mar 30, 2022 6:46 am
Well, that you understand - it is a fiend not an animal. Thorem would assume someone or something has brought it here from "Nine Hells" and if it was a summoning spell it should normally disappear within hour of it's summoning. But since you spent more than hour digging into this place ... it is probably not summoned but brought here by someone who could move between nine hells and your plane of existence. Or you are in nine hells :)
Mar 30, 2022 7:39 am
OOC:
What was the name of the kid that kept poking the Hell Hound with a straw before it roasted him?
Thorem hopes to take time to understand the scroll that as given to him so he can return it with knowledge.

We don't have food when we return but Thorem has a backpack full of metal to be used for tools.

With some memory of times returning to him, he is going to perform some with his Dulcimer. He also will even take on some roleplaying while singing too. His performance before had always brought smiles and such. It was the driving reason he used to perform. It wasn't for gold. Of course he has a limited selection as he hopelessly can't remember all that he used to perform.
Last edited March 30, 2022 7:47 am
Mar 30, 2022 11:19 am
GeneCortess says:

He however isn't about to harm it as it appears Anguis 'Greg' Nessus has become instantly attached to it. And it isn't immediately attacking us.
Insanely attached? Is grappling considered being insanely attached? XD

At first he was worried about being jumped by them on the way back, but now he sees the hound as a possible major asset to the whole 'maze running', so he's ready to risk it and attempt to tame it, if not it can always be killed, it's pack is dead and either it accepts the situation or dies from our hand.
Mar 30, 2022 2:22 pm
so.. are there any non-functional npc? that can become food, or can anguish leave the hound on 15 ft leash and then it is free to attempt to anyone that gets too close??

im thinking how to properly pull it off.... about items I vote hp pots and javelins approx 5:1 if possible
Last edited March 30, 2022 2:25 pm
Mar 30, 2022 3:32 pm
> non-functional npc?
You have not noticed any disabled, paralysed, petrified, or otherwise permanently unconscious NPC. If that was the question.

If you want to know skills/abilities/languages know/etc. - a full profile of each person .. well you should it in game, it is no way an OOC question.
Mar 30, 2022 4:01 pm
Non functional as in not a crafter or someone we cannot gain direct benefit from...
Last edited March 30, 2022 4:01 pm
Mar 30, 2022 4:35 pm
I will not answer that OOC, that is for your PCs to figure out... and probably fail
Mar 30, 2022 9:01 pm
Alright, Anguis will take chef feat for lvl 4
Mar 31, 2022 5:47 am
OOC:
Rigth, Thorem, Anguis and Bubbles will lvl up to lvl 4 by the morning, you could already consider feat or ASI.
Feats not allowed: lucky, sentinel
Just in case you wonder - I feel lucky makes Inspiration suprflous, while sentinel breaks PBP battle flow i wouldn't ban it in online game
Mar 31, 2022 8:17 am
Ey... I get to lvl up as a person XD
Mar 31, 2022 8:27 am
LOL
I knew I'm overwhelmed and gonna make some mistake soon, but didn't expect it will happen it the OOC.
Apr 2, 2022 7:49 pm
by the way, I believe it was a mistake to invent item ordering mechanism. I will be replacing it with something else in future
Meanwhile, if everyone is done the lvl up on lvl 4 we could move on to next day
Apr 3, 2022 5:42 am
Well, actually no, Anguis still has the mask and the funny bottle from the temple, what does it do?

Except for that I'm all set
Last edited April 3, 2022 5:42 am
Apr 3, 2022 5:56 am
yeh let's assume there is npc capable to identify. it was Potion of Diminution

mask - eyes of the eagle
Apr 3, 2022 6:05 am
So... What do we do with the batman mask and tiny potion? I guess anguis can keep the potion until it becomes useful... But what about the mask? @Gnellson,@GeneCortess
OOC:
update on Anguis.

Chef feat.

+1 con = 14
HP (average) = 36
+ Bless spell, since lvl 4 allows me an additional memory slot...
Last edited April 3, 2022 6:07 am
Apr 3, 2022 12:43 pm
The mask fits you well, Anguis. And your dark vision would let you benefit from it more often than Bellow would.
Apr 8, 2022 3:14 pm
GeneCortess, explain this to me.
Quote:
2d20L1+1
How can I roll with advantage?
Apr 8, 2022 3:53 pm
H is hugh L is low, i.e.
Advantage: 2d20H1+1
Disadvantage: 2d20L1+1

GeneCortess - why did you roll DEX save with disadvantage? Bellow got you out of monster so you were no retrained. It does not matter this time as you both rolls were so low, but just for clarity
Apr 8, 2022 10:55 pm
OOC:
Not being all there is a trade mark for Gene.
Apr 10, 2022 8:47 pm
Yoth can spend his Channel Divinity ability to heal Thorem 20 hp (or spread that 20 hp around multiple PCs). But I can only do that once until we have a short rest.

Did you guys get any chance to rest in the maze on Day 1?
Apr 10, 2022 9:29 pm
Once, i think...
Last edited April 10, 2022 9:29 pm
Apr 18, 2022 3:41 pm
GreyWord says:
OOC:

Recap: you are in part B. Anguis is busy with hellhound, Thorem - with his fear of water.
Thorem have earned Inspiration from me

Bellow, Yoth, Mal - what do you do?
If anyone want to explore/investigate any part roll either wisdom (to notice something hard to notice) or intelligence (to make conclusion about what I've described so far.

NOTE: Starting Day 2 I am trying to introduce alternatives to everything you face in the maze. There may be ways to avoid water. There were options to avoid fighting cube and water monster in the previous room. But there is always straight-forward way to battle the monsters trying to ambush you. And don't forget you could always short rest with a tiny risk to face randomly spawned monsters. And those spawned ones will not be ambushing you
DM, I am having a hard time knowing exactly how to proceed in this game. You indicated several times that you are a little green behind the ears in terms of DM experience, and as such you urged us not to pursue alternative actions in combat, and with that frame-of-mind, we are proceeding through this dungeon, but now you are indicating that there are more flexible options available to us.

I'm not trying to put a damper on anything, and I don't know how the others in the group feel, but as for me, I am missing some of the finer details here that you may have pointed out to us.

As a human being, I have a 9 intelligence, so if others in the group have a clear sense of what options we have (and I missed those options), please disregard. I was just taken aback by your comment above, when during our combat with the ooze, I tried to use an alternative method to save my friend's character from the gelatinous cube, and then I was told that my course of actions was outside of what was allowed for this particular game because it was not spelled out in the rules.
Apr 18, 2022 4:16 pm
OOC:
thanks for bringing this up. let's continue it in OOC chat. In two words I believe DnD has precise rules for in combat only. Out of combat rules describe a different pattern. I am trying to stick to that differentiation
Apr 18, 2022 4:53 pm
This is how I understand DnD rules
Normal game goes like this according to PHB:
1. The DM describes the environment.
2. The players describe what they want to do
3. The DM narrates the results of the adventurers’ actions.

I am trying to support any player improvisation within this patter.

There are a few cases with a more detailed rules however, for example
Chapter 9: Combat
Chapter 10: Spellcasting

Just as I am not going to allow any improvisation with spellcasting just the same goes with Combat.
a Special not I was referring to is this text in Chapter 9:
Quote:
IMPROVISING AN ACTION

Your character can do things not covered by the actions in this chapter, such as breaking down doors, intimidating enemies, sensing weaknesses in magical defenses, or calling for a parley with a foe. The only limits to the actions you can attempt are your imagination and your character’s ability scores. See the descriptions of the ability scores in chapter 7 for inspiration as you improvise.

When you describe an action not detailed elsewhere in the rules, the DM tells you whether that action is possible and what kind of roll you need to make, if any, to determine success or failure.
Now what I'm really sorry for it that I will be using the power gived to DM in the rules:
Quote:
DM tells you whether that action is possible
To mostly say action is not possible.
Apr 19, 2022 5:47 am
Gnellson says:
Bellow contemplates why screaming fake chests exist where the map indicates a pillar should stand.
Could you elaborate what map is referenced here?
Apr 20, 2022 5:23 am
@Bubble First I don't like you rolling without describing your PC action that is associated with a roll
Quote:
The DM calls for an ability check when a character or monster attempts an action (other than an attack) that has a chance of failur
To fix your last roll I narrate the action your PC is doing for you. Hope you don't mind me deciding on your PC actions.

I will also remind everyone that whenever you roll a dice for ability check and fail don't necessarily means "nothing"
Quote:
it’s a failure, which means the character or monster makes no progress toward the objective or makes progress combined with a setback determined by the DM.
Apr 20, 2022 9:50 am
Whatever, as long as it goes with the mojo... If you don't like the way i think then edit my post and tell me what you did there, i know that you can do it, and i don't really mind....
Apr 20, 2022 11:43 am
oh mine. I am continuously failing to deliver the message. I like the way you guys improvise. I like the way you think. I like the way you roleplay yourself into problems.

I only want to follow this rule
Quote:
The DM calls for an ability check when a character or monster attempts an action (other than an attack) that has a chance of failure
Actually let me quote another DM on the same topic. I believe he does it better than I do:
Quote:

It's always fun to make things interesting! Instead of simply asking 'can I roll Animal Handling to see if I can calm the horse down?', describe your character doing something to calm the horse, then you can ask for a roll (or wait for me to ask for one).

That being said, I'm not the type of GM to ask for rolls for everything - rest assured, if I make you roll for something, it's only because something equally interesting will happen if you fail your roll! A comedy of errors is still a fun ride. On the flip side, there are some areas where you may get an automatic success and not have to roll at all.
Apr 20, 2022 8:18 pm
GreyWord says:
Gnellson says:
Bellow contemplates why screaming fake chests exist where the map indicates a pillar should stand.
Could you elaborate what map is referenced here?
The map of the big room shows pillars arranged in a pattern. If I imagine that pattern expanded I might expect another pillar where I instead see a fake chest.
Apr 20, 2022 8:35 pm
Oh, cool. I guessed that. As I've described Bellow indeed realized that the design should have been on a purpose and highlights the chests being among the pillars.
Apr 21, 2022 5:19 pm
I would like to agree with Gnellson - if you fail to find non obvious path, then you should just follow the obvious one - i.e. go by water to the stairs that lead to the second floor
However just for the first time I'm willing to share
[ +- ] Hint - read it if you are desperate
Apr 22, 2022 5:14 am
Quote:
going to take a few for Thorem to come back home
could you elaborate what would "take a few" means here in this sentence? My English fails at this sentence.
Apr 22, 2022 3:53 pm
"going to take a few for Thorem to come back home"

The sentence means that Thorem isn't conscious and thinking at the moment and it takes an undisclosed amount of time for him to become conscious and thinking.

My thoughts are a minute or two before his extreme fear wears off.
Apr 22, 2022 4:35 pm
Don't you think that his animalistic adrenaline would shake him out of his stupor?
Apr 22, 2022 4:53 pm
I am also expecting battle lust to take it over and hope that the PC will get himself wet when see party members in a deadly fight.
BTW did I say, Thorem get inspiration ? He does if he still don't have one.
[ +- ] a harsh opinion if you are ready for one
Apr 22, 2022 5:47 pm
Me thinks the sounds of battle and either or both Bellow or Anguis in brings Thorem back to reality. Thorem would lay down his life to fight with them and even the waters can't stop that. I see Thorem blindly rushing into the combat with just the greataxe and nothing else.

Call it the Eldritch Knight code within him. He doesn't let a fellow man down and Bellow and Anguis meet that requirement.
Apr 23, 2022 4:38 pm
Note: I will wait till 19:00 UTC. If still no initiative roll by Yoth I will roll on behalf of player and we will continue fight as per my rules - if no post by 19:00 UTC then PC dodge.
Apr 26, 2022 12:54 am
Been super busy. Sorry I haven't kept up the pace. I have one more busy day tomorrow, then things should ease up.
May 1, 2022 6:21 am
rage duration clarification
Quote:
Your rage lasts for 1 minute. It ends early if you are knocked unconscious or if your turn ends and you haven’t attacked a hostile creature since your last turn or taken damage since then.
1 minute is 10 combat turns (each turn 6 seconds)
Rage continues 10 rounds
If you would get paralysed by crab monster your rage would have ended because you wouldn't attack next round.
May 1, 2022 7:50 pm
OOC:
Unless he takes damage during that round.
[ +- ] Rage (emphasis added)
Last edited May 1, 2022 7:50 pm
May 1, 2022 9:17 pm
Hey, everyone. My life has changed a lot since I signed up for this game, and (as you can probably tell), I'm having trouble keeping up with posting.

I feel like I should drop out. However, if that leaves the game in a lurch, I can continue to post, but probably not at the rate/consistency of everyone else.

Sorry, gang.
May 2, 2022 6:31 am
Sorry to hear, timplausible. I would prefer to drop your PC and reduce encounter difficulty proportionally - the way I'm trying to run this game slow posting rate is making party hurt.

I suggest to have timplausible PC cast cure wounds on Mal and then I narrate something stupid like water breathing Lizardman is poisoned by the water and slowly gets permanently paralysed, so party have no choice but to leave him (or transport back to settlement and return to maze).
May 2, 2022 7:15 am
Smiles. Put him on top of the crab and deliver back to the settlement.. :) .. Everyone eats crab forever.
Last edited May 2, 2022 7:16 am
May 2, 2022 7:54 am
by the way, that was not a crab but aberration that has crab's pincers, squid tentacles, fish tail, four legs that do not reference any creature you have seen. I called it crab because pincers where what you saw first/most of the time above the water. Now as fight is over you certainly understand that.
May 2, 2022 9:16 am
And also understand that it is not at all something Thorem would like to digest.
May 2, 2022 5:30 pm
Sorry to throw a wrench into things. Good luck everyone.
May 2, 2022 5:51 pm
Wow... We're 1 player down... I guess that our hunter fled back to the village and became an npc while others weren't looking 😂
Last edited May 2, 2022 5:56 pm
May 3, 2022 9:08 pm
GreyWord, are we following this rule?

At the end of a Long Rest, a character regains all lost Hit Points. The character also regains spent Hit Dice, up to a number of dice equal to half of the character’s total number of them (minimum of one die).

A typical house rule is to regain all HD on a long rest.
May 3, 2022 9:44 pm
well given how battle intensive this game is, let's make it indeed regain all HD on a long rest
May 4, 2022 4:08 am
I haven't seen a problem with HP using the normal rules. Betten HD recover, spells, and special features it seems to work out well. I guess potion always a plus too.
May 4, 2022 7:08 am
How deep is the water pit?
May 4, 2022 7:24 am
pit? Water was up tu 5 feet deep where the crab fight took place and around. Why ask?
May 4, 2022 7:31 am
I was thinking if Anguis would be able to carry Torhem across.... Or together with Bellow
Last edited May 4, 2022 7:31 am
May 4, 2022 8:08 am
It is easy to carry weights over the water. It will probably take a minute but you could do it without any issues. The problem as far as I understand is that Thorem is not wiling to
May 4, 2022 8:24 am
Well there's always heroism spell as plan b
Last edited May 4, 2022 8:24 am
May 11, 2022 10:19 am
Just a guess... maybe my dear players you do not enjoy guessing what could be behind which doors before opening them? If that it the case I am more than happy to narrate that there are small holes in the doors and you could see through them and reveal you the whole map. It would samve me an effort I'm putting into hiding/unhiding rooms from you. So if it makes everyone happy, I stop cutting parts of the map - I would certainly be easier for me.
May 11, 2022 10:55 am
Gives Greyword more scissors for cutting and paste.
May 11, 2022 7:26 pm
if not, then I will just wait for you to decide on the door opening (or doing anything)
May 11, 2022 9:38 pm
I vote for whatever keeps the game flowing.
May 11, 2022 10:21 pm
Woot.
May 12, 2022 2:43 am
Gnellson says:
I can second it, whatever the DM thinks is the right choice in the situation.
May 12, 2022 4:15 am
Gnellson says:
Could you please clarify. Do you vote DM choose the door? Your DM thinks the right thing is for players to choose doors now. But he is ok to do wrong thing and blow up all doors at once just to "keep game flowing ".
May 12, 2022 8:07 am
Llets Play Russian roulette with ghosts
May 12, 2022 3:02 pm
As players we should be more precise when stating our actions. And for most action we do not need to wait for consensus within the party. If you want to do something, go ahead and do it.
May 25, 2022 9:54 am
Just a heads-up for you all. I will be on vacation starting on Thursday 5/26-Thursday 6/2, and I don't know if I will make any posts during that time.
May 25, 2022 10:00 am
Thanks for letting me know.
I will find ways to narrate your PC stay out of next combat (I bet it will start and be in the middle by 6/2) and adjust combat difficulty for 3 PCs instead of 4.
May 25, 2022 10:19 am
by the way, note: this is another proof of how uneasy it is for a person to understand what another person may not understand especially when we communicate in text. I suggest we all describe reasons for character actions to reduce confusion. I'll do mine:

- hellhound (h) was obviously looking for more spiders and he found them using his keen smell, while none of PCs were able to
- the invisible creature just moved through the wall to avoid Thorem attacking it, how it did that - you don't know as you do see it, only hear it
- spiders did not intend to attack medium sized creatures until you started poking at them (under the cloth)

P.S. I totally forgot that it not uncommon for DnD community to use custom rules for invisible creatures in a battle encounter, assuming that it is impossible for other creatures to know the location of an invisible creature. DnD rules make invisibility less powerful than that. I hope we are now clear about those rules as I may be putting more encounters where you may have issues seeing your enemies - be it invisibility, darkness type spells, fog or other reasons to have limited visibility or enemies at range >60 feet in non magical darkness.
May 26, 2022 6:24 pm
Hellhound cone works like this:
https://i.stack.imgur.com/Vmjqq.png

Logically it looked like this
https://i.imgur.com/0KkEKpK.png
Hellhound had a choice to breath away from Anguis, but he chose not to... who knows why
May 28, 2022 7:51 am
I'll delay posting until Monday as we are missing two player turn posts and HeroAmongMen is usually unavailable during weekends the next post will most probably be only Monday evening European time.
May 28, 2022 8:21 pm
Does Anguis know that there's something next to him?
May 28, 2022 10:23 pm
Your PCs are well aware of invisible creature location, I've marked it red on battle map. We play RAW creature gives away it's location when attacking and have still gave away location until does hide action. This particular creature don't try to hide
May 31, 2022 3:58 am
@Bubbles are you aware divine sense do not work through the wall. Anguis is aware based on sound that creature is on the other side of the wall before his current turn.
Are you also aware divine sense only give you the location it does not remove invisibility condition.
You will learn creature type if it will not be under total cover for you. But mechanically that is your only benefit.
May 31, 2022 1:58 pm
To roll with disadvantage you need to write
2d20L1+4
Advantage: 2d20H1+4
Note that you could test your roll commands here
May 31, 2022 2:16 pm
Thanx on the roll info. Makes things look clearer.
May 31, 2022 6:03 pm
please specify damage type.
As far as I understand
Quote:
The extra damage is necrotic or radiant; you choose the type of damage when you gain this feature
bellow extra damage type to be announce. Enemy may resist some (or be immune to). please also remind me if your weapon is a magical one.
May 31, 2022 6:37 pm
OOC:
My weapon is not magical.
My Divine Fury damage is Radiant.
Jun 3, 2022 8:35 am
"OOC:
Mal? Are you still with us?
"

Is HeroAmongMen (Mal'i'Gott') still playing with us?
Jun 3, 2022 9:14 am
HeroAmongMen says:
Just a heads-up for you all. I will be on vacation starting on Thursday 5/26-Thursday 6/2, and I don't know if I will make any posts during that time.
I hope he will post today
Jun 6, 2022 5:12 pm
Hey all, I'm back!
Jun 10, 2022 7:35 am
@Bubbles and others who maybe wondering
I want to share some insight into how I narrate/decide hellhound behaviour
1) Anguis is right, hellhound can be trained to following orders.
The training has not yet been carried out however. It is only threatened not trained.

2) You all have seen that hellhound do not eat. If burns the flesh. It's killer instinct is not caused by need stuff the stomach. The instinct requires him to kill for the stake of killing and inflicting pain to creatures.

3) Being immune to fire hellhound do not have concept of using his fire-breath carefully to avoid burning his pack (even if we assume it treat other PCs as his pack). I want to rule that this will be very problematic to teach hellhound to avoid burning PCs. But he will not attack (bite) any PC unless h decide to fight you to death for whatever reason.

P.S. Don't forget Hellhound is a fiend not beast. You wouldn't expect imp to behave similar to angel just because they look similar, would you? I don't think of hellhound decisions as if it a dog. I think as if it is a devil himself.
Jun 10, 2022 7:57 am
Sure, but as a player I want to point out that Aguis is not the wisest, so it will take some trial an error for him to get this trough, also, he has no clue on how to train anything except probably a soldier.... that he has no memory of...
Last edited June 10, 2022 7:58 am
Jun 10, 2022 8:08 am
Perfect. We are on the same page. I plan to assume that hound will get trained (through trial an error) in by next day or two depending on amount of trails.
Jun 10, 2022 11:18 am
Thorem can fix the training. In fact, bring it to a dead end! This particular Hell Hound has now roasted his front and his back today. If it wasn't for the fact that he is an extremely sturdy mountain dwarf it would have killed him twice. So Anguis can imagine that the Hell Hound is now living on barrowed time.
Last edited June 10, 2022 11:20 am
Jun 10, 2022 9:59 pm
whelp, then hope that Anguis doesn't find out. cuz there are a fe options there if he does.

1. big saddo
2. angry violence
3. cold served vengeance

unfortunately at the moment I only see these 3 as options for Anguis..... Cuz he literally believes that taming the hound is a god-sent challenge for him, to prove himself before the great secretive plotter.
OOC:
sooo GM, opinions on in party violence?
Last edited June 10, 2022 10:05 pm
Jun 11, 2022 6:28 am
Opinion: Bubbles, am I missing something, but sounds like you are playing "that's what my character would do" thing here.

Mechanics:
1. I do not mechanically disallow PvP behaviour
2. I will use my as DM ability no narrate and introduce NPCs/environmental things to prevent things I do not want to experience in my game. PvP is number one.
Jun 11, 2022 8:28 am
I'm playing around and putting possible results on the table to see which ones are allowed and which ones are not, to be prepared with a appropriate reaction when it will be needed.

Appropriate reaction - a reaction that would follow the characters personality, but still will be contained in the "limits for enjoyable roleplay".

Hence i must clearly see what are the said limits.... This train of thought lead to my last post...

Logically thinking if Torhem wants to murder the hound as a player (bubbles) I'm alright with it, but as Anguis i won't be exactly happy with it.....hence if the murder is done well enough that he notices nothing there will be reaction A if he notices that someone is connected to it there will be reaction B.

Simple as that, there's nothing really hidden under the dock...
Last edited June 11, 2022 8:36 am
Jun 13, 2022 7:20 am
ANNOUNCEMENT
I have decided retire this game. Will do that mechanically tomorrow

Reason
I admit It was all my fault as I avoided interrupting party interpersonal conflict, assuming that players will take care of that eventually.

P.S.
Thanks everyone for being part of the game so far, I did enjoy most of it and have learned quite a few lessons as DM. Most important - I have no idea how to properly DM pbp games. Looking forward to play with you as player in other games.
Jun 13, 2022 12:46 pm
Well. Thanx for the game.
Jun 13, 2022 9:07 pm
Yep, thanks for the game!

You do not have permission to post in this thread.