OOC chat

load previous
Mar 1, 2022 8:39 pm
One more question - everyone OK if I roll for your a roll required as part of your turn? Or you would like to roll everything yourslef? I'm fine either way, just wanted to move forward.
Mar 1, 2022 8:43 pm
You can roll in my stead, i don't mind.
Mar 2, 2022 4:26 am
Feel free to roll for me anytime you feel the urge.
Mar 2, 2022 9:34 pm
Torhem has the dilemma of his lifetime rn, lol.
Mar 2, 2022 10:46 pm
Smiles. Just the way he is. Actually, haven't seen the way was before he lost memory.
Mar 10, 2022 7:03 am
A note about mimic. I am actually a bit confused about this creature mechanics/behaviour, i.e. could is "see" in the object form, but I can't find any mechanical drawback for their object form in the monster sheet, so I will rule there are none. I will also rule that any weapon attack, even failed one actually touches mimic due to it's Adhesive trait stick to it.
If a weapon stick to mimic you could use action to make Str check DC13 to try to get your weapon back.
If you stick to it, to escape that you could also to Str check DC13, but with disadvantage
Mar 11, 2022 12:59 am
"I will also rule that any weapon attack, even failed one actually touches mimic due to it's Adhesive trait stick to it. If a weapon stick to mimic you could use action to make Str check DC13 to try to get your weapon back. If you stick to it, to escape that you could also to Str check DC13, but with disadvantage."

Mimics are so much fun.
Mar 11, 2022 1:48 pm
What should I roll if i want to stick the javelin further in the mimic not pull it out?
Mar 11, 2022 2:41 pm
Javelin is not IN it. it adhere TO it. Still same rules str check as action
Mar 12, 2022 9:28 am
Hey, I don't remember who got them but I believe one of you have javelin -1 and another one javelin -2. You could still use them with negative modifier. This is probably the battle where it is better -1 than nothing.
The chests are actually good enough to work as improvised weapons as well.
Mar 12, 2022 8:34 pm
Winks. The way Thorem has been doing. Might not have to worry about killing the mimic. Although Thorem is going to run out of weapons to use and using cantrips to blast it does better after he loses both his greataxe and warhammer to sticky glue.

Smiles and it is the dear Mimics turn too. Unless that warhammer did it in. Wishful thinking.
Last edited March 12, 2022 8:36 pm
Mar 12, 2022 8:47 pm
Winks. Now it has a warhammer attached to it too. :).. Grrr. Drats. Still alive. And kicking. Welcome to Fire Bolt next. Party has already seen Thorem cast Shield and Magic Missile. So adding Fire Bolt is no big deal. Fire Bolt does better damage then the two handaxes that Thorem has.
OOC:
Edit: Our lucky it has 50 HP. As we have done 49 to it.
OOC:
Edit: And Thorem will continue his off key singing. So bad considering Thorem can't remember he used to be an entertainer. This has to be him at his very worst possible. After all he used to have an income doing such. Perhaps he needs to change over to Common language and do better (LOL. New roll has to be better as it can't get any worse.)
OOC:
Edit: And this dear mimic is doing the one thang that disturbs Thorem the most. It is interfering with LOOT Gathering! And mind you. Thorem has a vengeful second nature! Kill the Mimic. Kill the Mimic.
OOC:
Edit: Later he can make song/story about his exploits today whenever he returns back. He can also play that Dulcimer that in/attached to his backpack too. Don't know that there is too many entertainers around, but actually Thorem is a notable one. Has "By Popular Demand" besides being a fairly good warrior type.
Last edited March 12, 2022 9:20 pm
Mar 12, 2022 8:53 pm
yeh. this could have been tough fight for melee characters. axe and warhammer are both attached to mimic just as morningstar. It is a quite an arsenal, but mimic is close to die.
Mar 13, 2022 8:47 am
GreyWord says:
Hey, I don't remember who got them but I believe one of you have javelin -1 and another one javelin -2. You could still use them with negative modifier. This is probably the battle where it is better -1 than nothing.
The chests are actually good enough to work as improvised weapons as well.
Angius has one -1 javelin the other one is Bellows.
Mar 13, 2022 5:42 pm
Since it is again just 3 of you I plan to hire 2 more players soon. They would join you next day after you return to the settlement and level up.
That is assuming 3 of you find this game good enough to continue.
Let me know also if you have any suggestion for how to change and improve game. I have no idea about what will happen next game day yet. So everything is possible.
Mar 14, 2022 12:32 am
As long as posting is good I'm happy. As this is much a hack and hack adventure. :)
OOC:
Edit: Throem is getting tired of decorating the mimic.
Last edited March 14, 2022 12:51 am
Mar 14, 2022 8:04 am
It's good, though why don't you give us a pet and we follow Tasha's rules where the thing gains fighter levels?

Imean we can wait for more players, if you prefer that.
Mar 14, 2022 8:19 am
first - you will not wait. My plan - new players will get onboarded in parallel to you 3 fighting final boss.
second - for the final boss this may indeed be a good idea to add some animal/construct companions helping you in the fight. Thanks for idea will explore that.
Mar 15, 2022 6:33 am
IMPORTANT NOTICE:
I've decided only make an insignificant balance tweak to make battle possible to win for 3 player team, however I will let you as players know that the this battle will not be lethal to the team. Should you loose the fight your character will be resurrected. You are ultimately fighting only to acquire some magical items protected by the day 1 final boss.

Given that I will be very open to any clever out of combat ideas that would help you gain some tactical advantage.
Hint: do not forget to use anything you have seen or collected in the maze so far.
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.