Chapter 2, Day 11

load previous
Jan 18, 2018 4:37 pm
"While you all work on that, I'm going up top to see what's going on," says Pawetha. "We still got those lizardfolk on the shore, and who knows what's in the other building." She picks her way up the stairs to the roof, to keep watch.

Rolls

Perception - (1d20+4)

(18) + 4 = 22

Jan 18, 2018 5:01 pm
"Keep an eye out for that dragon, too! I could use some new boots!"
Jan 18, 2018 5:10 pm
A thumbs-up pokes out from what cover can be had on the roof.
Jan 30, 2018 3:25 am
"Hey Ghunril, you need help with that? I figure stomping, or maybe dropping it from up high might do the trick?"
Jan 30, 2018 4:04 pm
Yes I could, I don't have anything other than my last spear to try and open this. Does anyone have a mace or hammer we could use to bash this thing open? Ghunril looks around the room for something blunt to use on the chest.
OOC:
Sorry, monks don't have much in the way of weaponry
Jan 30, 2018 4:38 pm
"Here, try this." I hand him a crowbar.
Jan 30, 2018 6:46 pm
That should definitely do the trick Ghunril gets to work on the chest with the crowbar.
OOC:
I used my normal attack bonus but my strength modifier is only +1. If I can use my dex modifier it would be +3.
Last edited January 30, 2018 6:49 pm

Rolls

Attacking the chest? - (1d20+5)

(6) + 5 = 11

Feb 13, 2018 4:22 am
"Maybe more on the left side?" I helpfully point to a weaker-looking corner of the chest.
Feb 13, 2018 3:10 pm
I'm not used to attacking inanimate objects, apparently this one proves more difficult than I had originally estimated. Ghunril tries a second time at the indicated point on the chest.

Rolls

Take that Chest! - (1d20+5)

(18) + 5 = 23

Feb 14, 2018 7:01 pm
Ghunril smashes the front of the chest. Inside you find six large leather sacks, each of which is heavy with coin (100 silver pieces and 20 gold pieces in each sack). Wedged between the sacks at the bottom of the chest you find a small wooden box decorated with silver filigree. Inside is a folded letter that has a perfumed scent. Nothing else is in the box, but there is an indent the size of a child's fist in the velvet lining indicating that something used to be contained in it.

The letter reads:

Saarvith--
Take great care with the enclosed phylactery. I need not explain to you what the Ghostlord would do if he knew where I had sent his little bauble for safekeeping. Hide it somewhere safe -- perhaps it could be trusted to your dragon friend's keeping? Keep it hidden until Brindol is taken. Should it fall into the hands of someone who could return it to its owner, the consequences for our effort could be dire indeed.

-Ulwai
Feb 15, 2018 3:24 am
Pawetha keeps watch on the rooftop, dividing her attention equally upon all directions.
Feb 15, 2018 4:59 am
I take out my share and shove the rest into my bag of "party gold" unless someone stops me. As the party leader and treasurer, it is important for me to keep accurate records of the spoils by keeping them on me at all times.

"What's that? Love note?"
[ +- ] Current Party Gold
Feb 15, 2018 1:23 pm
Kaiakas cocks his head in confusion at the letter. "Ghostlord? What is the importance of this... person to Brindol?"
Feb 15, 2018 4:02 pm
OOC:
Sorry, was Brindol someone we knew about? I don't remember if I came into the story after you guys had picked up that name or not.
The note mentions a phylactery. Does that mean this Ghostlord is a Lich?
Feb 15, 2018 4:36 pm
OOC:
Brindol is the largest city in the area, at the far end of the vale opposite where you began your adventure. You recovered a map from a bugbear Wyrmlord the ruined keep that you attacked that indicated a Red Hand Hoard was going to march through the vale and take Brindol, burning and destroying everything on the way. That map is linked in the notes thread.
Feb 15, 2018 4:55 pm
"Ghostlord was a name on the map," says Pawetha, briefly poking her head downstairs before returning to her watch duties.
Feb 16, 2018 3:18 am
Kaiakas barked out a laugh and pat Paws on the back. "So it is! Eh, should we find the phylactery for Ghostlord?"
Feb 16, 2018 4:56 am
"Sure! What is that exactly?"
Feb 16, 2018 3:56 pm
Maybe the Den or resting place of this Ghostlord is what is marked on the map?
Feb 16, 2018 5:03 pm
"That's probably the case, Boots," Pawetha answers. "Though why he cares about an empty box is beyond me. Still, if this letter is to be believed, returning the box to this Ghostlord is supposed to hurt the Red Hand somehow."
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.