OOC

load previous
Dec 18, 2021 9:53 pm
I had a ton of fun running this vignette, and hope everyone else had fun playing in it! You guys didn't end up getting to use your magic items too much, but they were all pretty combat-focused, and we had a pretty peaceful ending (as long as no one attacks the King during the dinner, which is still an option lol).

But I would really appreciate any constructive feedback you guys could offer me! What you liked/didn't like as much. I'm still a new DM so any feedback would be very valuable to me. I'm not just searching for compliments either, I would like to hear your opinions no matter what they are if you have any! :)
If you would like, you can post here or PM me, either way, I appreciate any you could offer.
Dec 18, 2021 10:37 pm
Liltila would have been happier fighting her way through things, but from a player perspective it’s always an interesting experience to have things work out without real conflict.

Well played, Sir!
Dec 18, 2021 11:14 pm
I really enjoyed myself and aquafina did very well as GM. Don't stress about being a "good" GM, you got your foundation, and had a wonderful story.

Thank you
Dec 19, 2021 10:49 pm
Thank you both! :)

I’ll leave the game open for a little bit longer and give anyone else who would like to post a chance to do so, but after a couple days or so of inactivity, I’ll go ahead and retire the game.

It was a pleasure playing with you all, and hope to see you in other future games!!
Dec 20, 2021 2:03 am
I thought the party had a fun dynamic, argumentative without being dysfunctional. The characters had a variety of strong personalities and opinions which often conflicted with each other, but they also implicitly trusted and relied on each other despite the bickering.

I enjoyed the humour, and the general characterisation of the goblins - more thoughtful and compassionate than they're often portrayed, but with enough stereotypical goblin traits that they were still familiar. My only disappointment was that we didn't get to find out anything about the Ember Redeemer, or why they were uplifting this goblin society.

Thanks for the game, it was great!
Dec 20, 2021 2:13 am
Well, you didn't find out in character, but I'll let you know out of character! Your characters probably would've asked about it over dinner anyways!

The Ember Redeemer was an ancient, but wounded, gold dragon who was afflicted with some kind of strange curse that caused its spirit and consciousness to be occasionally disconnected from its body, turning its body to stone. The goblins found it while it was stone and began worshipping it. When the dragon's come back to consciousness, they entered into a deal. The dragon would share its hoard with the goblins if they helped him figure out how to cure his curse and stopped pillaging the local villages. The goblins initially didn't really do anything to help the dragon, but after a while of being in its magical, good presence, the dragon slowly convinced (most of) them that they could lead a better, more sustainable and happy life if they settled down, established themselves, helped him figure out his curse, and so on. :)
Dec 20, 2021 1:38 pm
Most of the things I want to say were said better by better people above so instead I'll illustrate how I feel about the GM and how she ran this Vignette:
[ +- ] Psst!
Last edited December 20, 2021 1:38 pm
Dec 20, 2021 1:53 pm
😁

You do not have permission to post in this thread.