OOC

Oct 18, 2021 8:22 pm
~Hello and welcome to all!~

Please, 1) introduce yourself here (if you'd like)! Also, let me know if you'd rather do OOC discussion on discord. If the whole group decides on discord, I will go ahead and create a server for us! 2) Tell me in the Character Creation thread which class you're thinking about playing so I can start looking for magic items for ya, and 3) if you have anything to add to the Safety Tools, let me know! :)
Oct 20, 2021 1:37 am
IRL, I am a busy third-year 20-year-old college student studying Computer Science and minoring in Spanish. I am also working part-time currently as a Quality Assurance engineer for a clinical research company on their software development team. Not the most glamorous or exciting thing, but isn't terrible for right now.

I have been on GP for about a year now, I joined initially because my irl group couldn't meet because of COVID and I was really missing my weekly TTRPG fix. I mostly play D&D 5e, but have begun branching out and have tried out Honey Heist, 13th Age, and Fallout 2d20 all here on GP. I am a diehard nerd for all things D&D, Marvel, and Fallout, and could write a dissertation on each of them if I had the time :)

~

If you have any further suggestions for the game before we get started, feel free to post them here, and my PMs are always open! And please, if you have anything you would like to add to the Safety Tools' Lines/Veils or anything else you'd like me to be aware of before we begin, let me know! Can't wait to get started! :)
Oct 20, 2021 2:16 pm
I'm a software engineer working at a university in Australia, though my actual degree majored in medieval history and English literature. I have two dogs: a lovely older retired greyhound, and a gigantic greyhound-cross who's a massive goofball.

I've been into RPGs since high school, but as you get older it becomes increasingly tough to get everyone's schedules to line up around work, kids, etc. I still keep in touch with all my roleplaying friends but we haven't been able to keep consistent games going, so I've been playing PbP for the past few years. I also help run my local tabletop wargaming group, mainly playing Age of Sigmar, Necromunda and Malifaux, and I dabble in game design and writing fiction in my spare time. We've been relatively lucky with only a few minor lockdowns during the pandemic, but those times helped me discover a love of sudoku and chess.
Oct 20, 2021 7:40 pm
Another software engineer here - working weather/defense type stuff. Two adult kids and a bunch of cats.

Started playing RPGs forty years ago, with several breaks in between. Found Gamers Plane at the end of 2014 while looking for someplace to try Numenera. Lucky enough to find a local group about four years ago and have been able to play fairly regularly with them, which has been nice.
Last edited October 20, 2021 9:44 pm
Oct 21, 2021 6:43 am
Data -analysist /-engineer / -scientist here. Work in a consultant firm, so I fill many shoes. :)
Oct 21, 2021 9:43 am
Customer service representative for a pharmaceutical company working at home for the moment. Lol, I feel out of place with data scientists and the like here ^^

Just joined recently in GP and this is my 2nd month here...never experienced face-to-face TTRPG gaming so I delved to PBP to try to capture that feeling...maybe one day when the world ain't so much FUBAR lol.

I like reading sci-fi and fantasy novels, anime, videogaming with a preference for single-player RPG, Strategy and adventure games...
Last edited October 21, 2021 9:44 am
Oct 22, 2021 4:01 am
I manage team of stats phds and engineers that do data analytics (a/b testing specifically). One cool fact is that one my colleagues just won the Nobel prize in economics! It’s kind of crazy (myself and most folks on my team are not at that level, he works as a part-time consultant for our company), but it’s been quite the buzz around work (An article if anyone is interested).

I played some dnd 5e virtually with a group of friends last year but schedules made it hard to manage. I’ve played shadowrun, 3.5 and other systems in the past. Currently playing hero kids at home with my 6 and 4 year old. New to the site and pbp, and 5e still relatively new so let me know if I’m doing something wrong!

Nice to meet all of you, look forward to playing!
Last edited October 22, 2021 4:06 am
Oct 22, 2021 7:13 pm
Wonderful to meet all of you and get a quick glimpse of who's behind all your lovely avatars! Once the final touches are put on all of your characters and everyone has had enough time to read over the couple of House Rules real quick, I hope to get the first IC thread up and running. Hopefully, by the end of the weekend/the beginning of next week.
Oct 23, 2021 9:04 pm
If there's any finishing touches anyone would like to put on their characters, don't feel rushed to. But, I am going to go ahead and throw up the first IC post :)
Oct 28, 2021 11:11 pm
Just popping in here to tell everyone that I probably will not be able to post much the next two days or so, am going on a class trip to Chicago for a day and a half for the Pinball Expo! I am excited lol. I might be able to simply respond to a quick question, but probably not much more than that. :) So you guys can deliberate endlessly on which door you'd like to go through next for two whole days if you'd like.
Nov 20, 2021 5:57 pm
When this game finishes, or now while still in progress, would anyone be opposed to me making this game's forums public?
Nov 20, 2021 5:58 pm
aquafina says:
When this game finishes, or now while still in progress, would anyone be opposed to me making this game's forums public?
I dont mind
Nov 20, 2021 6:14 pm
Works from me.
Nov 21, 2021 6:33 am
Fine by me!
Nov 22, 2021 9:17 am
yip yip! (yes)
Nov 22, 2021 2:27 pm
Sweet, I have made the forums public!

Also, just letting you know that I will be travelling for the holiday this week (Thanksgiving here in the US). So expect that between Wednesday afternoon to Monday [EST], I will probably not be able to post much.
Nov 29, 2021 6:19 pm
Ended up not traveling for the holidays because my partner got sick. Thankfully, it’s not covid, but now I have it and am still feeling unwell. Might be another day or two before i feel enough motivation to update my games :/
Nov 30, 2021 10:35 am
aquafina says:
Ended up not traveling for the holidays because my partner got sick. Thankfully, it’s not covid, but now I have it and am still feeling unwell. Might be another day or two before i feel enough motivation to update my games :/
get well soon ^^
Nov 30, 2021 6:17 pm
Thanks! I am feeling better today, but still a bit congested and fatigued. I hope that doesn't show in my post lol, but trying to get the story rolling again :)
Dec 18, 2021 9:49 pm
A little peek behind the DM screen, there were basically two paths through this castle. If you guys had chased the goblin who escaped in the very first fight, then you would have run into the Queen instead of the Pope, and the Queen was the main force of resistance against settling down and trying to "civilize" themselves. It definitely would've ended a bit differently I think!
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.