New to PBP

Be sure to read and follow the guidelines for our forums.

Oct 20, 2021 10:13 pm
Hello All,

I have not played PBP before, in addition I have not played anything Table Top in several years. There is some concern that I will not be able to perform at an acceptable level. It would be nice to find a relaxed game that was well run but not too serious.

I am working my way through the New Member Guide, so I hope to have a better understanding of how to participate soon.

Thanks all.
Oct 20, 2021 10:25 pm
Welcome, we're happy you found us! It looks like you can put together an understandable sentence, I'd say that's an acceptable level :)

Looking forward to playing with you!
Oct 20, 2021 11:09 pm
Welcome!
Oct 20, 2021 11:34 pm
Welcome aboard! GP is newcomer friendly, and fun. It's a great place to learn PBP.
Oct 21, 2021 12:55 am
Welcome, Plainswalker!

Dont worry about your performance. I've never played PBP before joining the site either but I figured it out. So will you. Its hobby, not a job. Just have fun

If you want to see how GP functions, here are links to the New GP Member Guide, the forum rules and this video introduction made by user Qralloq. You might also be interested in looking through some public games as well to get a feel for the site.

To join a game, keep your eyes on the Games Tavern, where GMs advertise their games and look for players.

You're also invited to join us on the Discord server for some friendly conversation, about the site, RPGs in general or anything else!

I've accepted your application to my tutorial game. Let me know if you have any questions about it :)

If you have any concerns or questions, feel free to contact any of the following moderators:

bowlofspinach
CancerMan
Dramasailor
Jabes.plays.RPG
Len
Naatkinson
Qralloq
Keleth (site owner)

Happy gaming!

Len

Oct 21, 2021 1:01 am
Welcome to the community, Plainswalker.
Oct 21, 2021 1:27 am
Welcome, Plainswalker! What kinds of games are you interested in?
Oct 21, 2021 1:43 am
Welcome aboard
Oct 21, 2021 2:13 am
Welcome Aboard! GP has a great community and don't sweat being new to PbP or RolePlay. There's a fair amount of tutorials for the site provided by Qralloq, short introductory game vignettes to help learn the games.
Oct 21, 2021 2:30 am
As others have said, this is a chill, no-judgment zone. Join a game and get your feet wet! Welcome!
Oct 21, 2021 3:20 am
Welcome to GP, Plainswalker. Don't sweat not having experience -- it's easy to pick up. What games do you like to play?
Oct 21, 2021 7:44 am
Welcome to the community, Plainswalker! Like many folks here, I had never done any PbP before joining Gamers Plane. We have a great community here that's very accepting of newbies. If you need any help don't hesitate to ask questions. See you around!
Oct 21, 2021 8:50 am
welcome and remember that we were all noobs at one time.
Oct 21, 2021 11:30 am
Welcome Plainswalker, hope you enjoy your time on Gamers Plane.
Oct 22, 2021 2:19 am
Welcome!
Oct 22, 2021 3:46 am
Hello and welcome!

You do not have permission to post in this thread.