Early Interest Check - Pathfinder 1e AP

Be sure to read and follow the guidelines for our forums.

load previous
Dec 7, 2021 2:35 pm
I'm interestede in Strange Aeons
Dec 7, 2021 8:12 pm
Thanks, Surfer!

As an update, I hope to have a recruitment thread open by early January.

I'm reading through the material and am really enjoying it so far, I hope you will too!

My goal right now is figuring out where exactly I want to balance the Lovecraftian horror with the elements that make Pathfinder, well...Pathfinder. In scouring message boards, it appears people swing wildly from making this AP pulpy or psychologically oppressive and I want to handle that carefully. I think a lot of that will require close attention to tone in the narrative while still allowing wizards w/ fireballs, shape-shifting druids, etc.

I'm always open for feedback, and that can start now - if anyone has any thoughts or questions about the above please feel free to let me know.

I'm excited and hope a few of you are excited enough to apply when it's up!
Dec 7, 2021 8:54 pm
C1NDER says:
Thanks, Surfer!

I'm reading through the material and am really enjoying it so far, I hope you will too!

My goal right now is figuring out where exactly I want to balance the Lovecraftian horror with the elements that make Pathfinder, well...Pathfinder. In scouring message boards, it appears people swing wildly from making this AP pulpy or psychologically oppressive and I want to handle that carefully. I think a lot of that will require close attention to tone in the narrative while still allowing wizards w/ fireballs, shape-shifting druids, etc.

I'm always open for feedback, and that can start now - if anyone has any thoughts or questions about the above please feel free to let me know.

I'm definitely still interested!
Dec 7, 2021 11:14 pm
Can't wait to play it!
Jan 1, 2022 2:50 pm
C1NDER says:
Thanks, Surfer!

I've never read the adventure books, but i did read the Player's guide and some discussion forums. From what could figure out this is a game where 15 points buy and really restrict the characters options to the players guide suggestions is more appropriate. For example, a mammoth lord mad dog barbarian will really feel out of place, in this case I think the GM should suggest a Urban (or Infiltrator) Ranger with a smaller animal companion.

A few exceptions are okay. For example, an Urban Primalist Bloodrager with the arcane or the aberrant bloodline is perfectly in the mood.

Another thing I notice is that paladin's fear immunity is REALLY powerful in this adventure path. As a matter of fact paladins are powerful in general in this adventure path. A Oath against Corruption Paladin is a little more balanced because it is not immune to fear, but it has bonus against almost every major enemy.
Last edited January 3, 2022 12:03 am
Jan 1, 2022 11:32 pm
Great points, and I agree - I believe I will work closely with players to help there to be a cast of characters that fit well with the AP but also allow people to play something exciting for them.

Re: Paladins, I've thought a lot on this. I believe I will allow a Paladin, but will house-rule the fear immunity. I plan to use th emodified fear levels system found in Horror Adventures and the house-rule will coordinate with that as a form of fear suppression.

You do not have permission to post in this thread.