Gamers exPlane YouTube Series - Season 2

Be sure to read and follow the guidelines for our forums.

Nov 4, 2021 9:25 pm
Season 2: What we do in the shadows, in these dark corners of the internet, is not widely studied or discussed. Play by post is older than the concept of roleplaying games itself, but the tools and practices have evolved as quickly as the internet gave us a new medium for play.

In season 1, I started the conversations, spoke to those who answered the call, and together we discovered some of our similarities and differences.

In season 2, Gamers exPlane will take the next step. Together we'll discuss in detail many of the issues that we discovered in Season 1, and try to harvest from a garden of voices a bouquet of solutions.

Join me, in Season 2 of Gamers exPlane.

The Team: I sought a few of you for advice, and many people have contributed to the development. Among them, Lavtodd, Windyridge, Len, Skeptical_Stun, Adam, Kalajel, Antiproduct, Remnant, Harrigan and Keleth have all given me advice or feedback. Many others contributed as well.

The Mission Statement: Gamers Plane is an amazing, inclusive community, full of positivity and respect. I want to construct not criticize; build everything, destroy nothing; find common ground and avoid divisive topics; shine a spotlight on how normal and human we all are.
Next Steps: I have begun interviews for season 2. The format will be more documentary format, where a single topic will be discussed with my overview or thesis back up with clips from a multitude of voices, rather than the one on one discussions we saw in season 1.

In addition, some new faces will join the chorus, and we'll get to know them, too.

I'll also be reviving the Qralloqian Lore, QQ&AA, Meme of the Week, and Bad Accent Action News segments.

I hope to have the interviews completed by early December, and then begin rolling out weekly videos mid-December or so. In the end, season 2 might encompass about a dozen hour long videos. It will largely depend on how quickly I can learn to efficiently edit so many clips together.
Nov 4, 2021 9:31 pm
Quote:
Bad Accent Action News
:)
Nov 4, 2021 9:57 pm
I’m super excited for season two. It might even be edging out the last expanse book in my anticipation rankings.
Nov 5, 2021 5:47 am
Looking forward to it, Qralloq -- and thanks from the community for the *hours and hours* of time and effort this is going to take. Ambitious and cool stuff.
Nov 5, 2021 8:40 am
Ohh goody! Excited to see what you come up with!
Nov 5, 2021 1:24 pm
Can't wait to see some new faces and hear a few more bad accents. How about an Irish or Welsh accent for Bad Accent News? Those can't be hard. :-)
Nov 5, 2021 1:38 pm
Love the idea! Can't wait! :)
Nov 5, 2021 2:06 pm
Qralloq says:
It will largely depend on how quickly I can learn to efficiently edit so many clips together.
Do you need some help with the video editing? I'm not a total noob with video editing
Nov 5, 2021 3:29 pm
I know nothing about real video editing, but I can create a ridiculous and unnecessary trailer (if you tell me which tv intro I'm supposed to be ripping off).

Nov 5, 2021 5:37 pm
Probably needs to be in the vein of Too Many Cooks at this point.
Nov 5, 2021 6:08 pm
Looking forward to these! Thanks as always.
Jan 3, 2022 3:43 am

I'm hoping to have the first video up the Friday after next, January 14.
Jan 14, 2022 2:52 am
Hoping isn't getting me there. Not finished editing yet so it will be Saturday before I get the first episode loaded.
Jan 14, 2022 3:53 am
No hurry, Oscar season just ended, so you've got a while until the next deadline!
Jan 14, 2022 11:34 pm
Herculean effort, I imagine, Qralloq -- cheers for undertaking it at all!
Jan 15, 2022 10:35 pm
Season 2, Episode 1

Ten of us, eleven if you count me, discuss live gaming as compared to play-by-post.
Jan 16, 2022 7:16 am
Thanks for putting out quality content, Qralloq.

Timestamps for the different segments would be convenient, as would nameplates or introductions for those interviewed.
Jan 16, 2022 8:19 am
A little feedback, when showing several people, why not keep the username under the images. You have the room :)
Usecase would be if I wanted to see one specific users answer.

https://i.imgur.com/ZXT3inj.png
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.