OOC and Setup

load previous
Jan 5, 2023 10:59 pm
Or a devastating loss... It's not looking good for us right now
Jan 5, 2023 11:17 pm
Wild Attack + Multi Action is now my favorite combo!
Jan 5, 2023 11:20 pm
the motorbike sabotage idea was sound, you just got very unlucky to be spotted. Had that worked, the bullies wouldn't have had a quick way to get to the gazebo (but Solomon and his birds still would have been there)
Jan 5, 2023 11:23 pm
Ya, I was hoping they'd stick around to defend their base and Ripper, but it makes sense that the fulcrum was much higher priority. Too bad. But let's try to turn this around still!
Jan 6, 2023 10:37 pm
OOC:
@witchdoctor, I think it is legal to use Boost Trait on oneself - most powers, in fact
Jan 6, 2023 11:46 pm
That's interesting. I'll keep that in mind for a later date... assuming we don't get sent to hell in this encounter 😂
Jan 6, 2023 11:50 pm
Well, Chet found the Fulcrum...time for the backup plan, aka the crowbar 😂
Jan 7, 2023 12:18 am
Heck yeah you can absolutely cast Boost on self! And remember Boost and Lower applie to both Skills and Attributes, which are both designed as Traits.
Last edited January 7, 2023 12:18 am
Jan 7, 2023 1:34 am
So, I think Johnny should Lower DR_B's rolling and card drawing abilities 😂
Jan 7, 2023 11:05 am
Quote:
Alice makes a giant grin, seeing that she and Alice are kicking ass!
Go, Alice and Alice!
Jan 7, 2023 11:24 am
!!! 😂 you can see why I prefer to GM with 3 players max, right?
Jan 7, 2023 2:52 pm
Dude, I prefer 3 max even in person! That's why I have so many in person games these days--I want to include whoever is interested but 5 people at a table, eeeeekkkk.
Jan 7, 2023 3:23 pm
Yeah, I haven't got enough brain capacity for tracking more characters at once !
Jan 7, 2023 3:33 pm
I've always preferred larger groups, say 5-6. I think I just play better when I have more people to play off of. 3s not a bad number though. I've never gotten the whole duet thing though. For me it just feels...empty... without at least a couple of other players in the mix.
Jan 7, 2023 3:50 pm
Yes I've played several 2 person ttrpg campaigns over the years and there is a very specific buy-in from GM and PC to really feel like we're not just doing some weird back and forth. I've done it with very mechanical rules lawyer types and it did not go well. I've enjoyed it when it's in the 'hey, it's like where playing couch coop Super Mario World.'

My current in person Deadlands game just ballooned to 5 and its been going well so far. My concern becomes that it's harder for the characters to have meaningful interactions, and then there are more scenes to bounce around, and etc. and etc.

But everyone has been really supportive of each other and sharing focus and all that good stuff so it's been great so far. It also helps that we use zero tactical play at all 😅--at least not any that make physical sense; fictional sense heck yeah!
Jan 7, 2023 5:26 pm
3-4 is my max. And I love duet games. 6+ would kill me
Jan 8, 2023 10:34 am
Haha! First victory for Team Monster Hunter!

We took out one of four goons while Solomon still has the fulcrum. That's totally a victory, right?
Jan 8, 2023 10:37 am
Hock's ass got thoroughly and utterly kicked by the Bev-Alice-Al combo! I mean, Logan!
Jan 8, 2023 10:40 am
Dr_B says:
Hock's ass got thoroughly and utterly kicked by the Bev-Alice-Al combo!
Poor Logan delivered the final blow and didn't even get a mention
Jan 8, 2023 10:55 am
Look, it's Solomon

https://i.imgur.com/N6O94l0.jpg
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.