Hello everyone

Be sure to read and follow the guidelines for our forums.

Nov 14, 2021 5:13 pm
I'm new here, never knew this existed until someone on discord mentioned it, so I'm happy to find what seems like a great community for games.
I've been a GM for about 20 years now as a forever GM. Hopefully I'll be able to meet some of you and play some games together.
The games I'm really into right now are:
Savage Worlds
Open Legend
CofD, Mage specifically is my preference
I've been wanting to get more into PbtA games, namely Blades in the Dark and Masks
Burning Wheel
And I'm open to most non D&D systems, I'm very burnt out on running those. I spent my first 10 years as a GM running D&D/Pathfinder.
Nov 14, 2021 5:36 pm
Hello and Welcome! I am a big Savage Worlds fan too and there are quite a few fans of that game here at GP. Enjoy your stay!
Nov 14, 2021 5:42 pm
Welcome, GMBen!

If you want to see how GP functions, here are links to the New GP Member Guide, the forum rules and this video introduction made by user Qralloq. You might also be interested in looking through some public games as well to get a feel for the site.

To join a game, keep your eyes on the Games Tavern, where GMs advertise their games and look for players.

You're also invited to join us on the Discord server for some friendly conversation, about the site, RPGs in general or anything else!

I also run a beginner's game as a quick introduction to GamersPlane and play-by-post, if you're interested.

If you have any concerns or questions, feel free to contact any of the following moderators:

bowlofspinach
CancerMan
Dramasailor
Jabes.plays.RPG
Len
Naatkinson
Qralloq
Keleth (site owner)

Happy gaming!
Nov 14, 2021 5:43 pm
Hey GMBen. I'm 5e only, but I hope to see you around the forums.
Nov 14, 2021 5:44 pm
welcome GMBen - this is THE place for Play by Post, you'll love it
Nov 14, 2021 7:22 pm
Welcome, GMBen! Glad to have you.
Nov 14, 2021 7:22 pm
Welcome to GP, GMBen! A fair bit of Savage Worlds gets played here, and a growing community of PbtA fans. CoD Mage not so much (the one I ran died an early death -- maybe 16th century Moscow was a bad choice for a setting).
Nov 14, 2021 7:33 pm
Thank you everyone for the welcome.
Dr_B says:
welcome GMBen - this is THE place for Play by Post, you'll love it
I have been looking for a good place for play by posts and it's been hit and miss so far, so I'm very glad to have found Gamers Plane.
Qralloq says:
Welcome to GP, GMBen! A fair bit of Savage Worlds gets played here, and a growing community of PbtA fans. CoD Mage not so much (the one I ran died an early death -- maybe 16th century Moscow was a bad choice for a setting).
Savage Worlds is my goto system. I love classless systems so much. And I have seen a severe lack of interest in Mage, but I haven't given up yet. I know it can be hard to find non D&D games sometimes but I try to spread the amazing games I come across.
Hopefully in a few days I'll start up a game or two based on if people are looking for things to play.
Nov 14, 2021 7:50 pm
Welcome.

Blades in the Dark is hard in PbP, but other, more traditional, PbtA games are a really good fit.
Nov 14, 2021 7:59 pm
welcome
Nov 14, 2021 9:28 pm
Welcome! I'm a big fan of Masks. The Games Tavern has some active threads on it about both SWADE and Burning Wheel.
Nov 14, 2021 10:01 pm
Welcome GMBen!

Len

Nov 15, 2021 12:22 am
Welcome to the community, GMBen!
Nov 15, 2021 2:49 am
Welcome Aboard!
Nov 15, 2021 1:08 pm
Welcome GMBen!
Nov 15, 2021 7:34 pm
Welcome!
Nov 15, 2021 10:11 pm
Welcome!
Nov 16, 2021 4:20 am
Hello and welcome!
Nov 16, 2021 10:47 pm
Welcome aboard
Nov 17, 2021 2:15 pm
I backed open legend as a Kickstarter but never played it. Which one of these days I’d like to change
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.