Want to help GP be better? How you can help!

load previous
Jan 5, 2019 6:47 am
Keleth says:

- Programming help: ... Angular front end ...
I'm an Angular developer by trade. I have several years of experience with AngularJS (1.x), but some Angular (2+) experience as well.

Coding isn't just my job. It's also my hobby. Basically whenever I'm not gaming or hanging out with my family, I'm probably coding, so I'm definitely available to help out however I can.
Mar 1, 2019 7:14 am
I'm a web developer by profession, so I'd be happy to help out with whatever you need in that space.

As a suggestion, I'd really like the ability to combine different kinds of dice in a single roll, e.g. "2d6+1d4+3", which the die roller currently seems to spit the dummy at. I've made several variations of die rollers in the past, so I'd be happy to look at how the existing code could be tweaked to allow this.
Mar 1, 2019 1:01 pm
kadeton says:
I'm a web developer by profession, so I'd be happy to help out with whatever you need in that space.

As a suggestion, I'd really like the ability to combine different kinds of dice in a single roll, e.g. "2d6+1d4+3", which the die roller currently seems to spit the dummy at. I've made several variations of die rollers in the past, so I'd be happy to look at how the existing code could be tweaked to allow this.
The v2 version of the site actually has that! Well, sort of, I started it, and it will have that! Of course, feedback would be great, and I'm sure the current site could also be upgraded (just being me, hard to work on bug fixes, new/updated features, and the v2 all at the same time :( ). If you know PHP, you can check the repo out; it's public: https://github.com/rohitsodhia/gamersplane.v1
Mar 1, 2019 3:01 pm
Cheers, I'll check it out!
Mar 1, 2019 3:26 pm
Because my local server went kaput, I'm currently working on dockerizing the system, which will contain fixtures as well so others who want to help out can do so with relative ease.
Sep 27, 2019 4:36 pm
As it came up in another thread... bump! If you're at this thread for the first time, be sure to read the OP.
Sep 30, 2019 2:16 pm
Were you ever able to get the docker going?
Sep 30, 2019 6:22 pm
WarDomo says:
Were you ever able to get the docker going?
V1 is dockerized! I realize without a readme, it's not inherent in how to get the data up, but you should be able to run the docker compose and have it run.
Dec 30, 2019 7:33 pm
Programming Help: Long time software engineer experienced in both backend, middletier and frontend development currently conduct a class on python-qt so I teach as well. Can help with programming as a sounding board or even getting my fingers dirty ;)

Designers: Done some of this as well so might be able to give feedback if I had a better understanding of what/where you would like that feedback at and about

Guides Manager: I have written numerous guides over the years so could possible help here as well.

In the end I can donate only so much time but I am willing to lend a hand where I can.
May 28, 2020 6:24 pm
If a large img is placed in an ooc, the ooc's 20px left margin blows the image out the post's box.

Can I suggest adding this to your stylesheet?

#page_forum_thread .postContent .post .oocText img {
max-width: 664px;
}
Last edited May 28, 2020 6:25 pm
Jun 28, 2020 2:43 pm
Do you still need some help concerning the development of the platform ? I have been working on PHP 4/5.6/7 for the last two years and a half, MySQL for the database, and Angular 2, 4, and 6 for the last year and a half.

I'm not the best about front matters, CSS and I are ... still learning to know each other let say.
But for the PHP and SQL part, i'm good to go.

Oh and by the way, #TeamSlim4Ever (i tend to be allergic to Zend, or at least how it is used in my company).

You do not have permission to post in this thread.