🎲 An End to Dead Weekends?

Be sure to read and follow the guidelines for our forums.

Nov 22, 2021 9:23 pm
There has been some chatter about weekend games and I was wondering who is interested in either playing or running such games? I know of at least two that started recently, so I was curious to see a show of hands and maybe a list could be made. My idea of a weekend game is posting seven days a week, or perhaps a few times during the week but also reliably on both Saturdays and Sundays.

Obviously, I am interested (surprise!). Who else is out there that suffers over the weekend?
Last edited November 22, 2021 9:26 pm
Nov 22, 2021 10:10 pm
chiming in just to say I am running one of the recently started weekend games. We only had one weekend so far, but it was a blast!
Nov 22, 2021 10:27 pm
I am just as available on the weekends as during the week, and I think I've still got the bandwidth to join another game as a player. Just waiting for the right game.
Nov 23, 2021 2:08 am
I'm definitely one of those who notices a huge drop in gaming productivity on weekends. That's really the time that I could sit around and F5 the dickens out of the site. Perhaps entirely contrary to the norm, the bulk of my availability is not 9-5, M-F.

I'd definitely be interested in a game that speeds up rather than slows down on the weekend.
Nov 23, 2021 3:13 am
I'd be up for a weekend game.
Nov 23, 2021 6:31 am
I would be interested in the new year, Christmas actives are starting to clog up my weekends
Nov 23, 2021 6:41 am
I like the idea of weekend games, since my weekends are often very quiet here. I joined Dr_B's game so I wouldn't necessarily want to take up a slot in another one that could go to someone else.
I have been planning to run a game again soon and could definitely qualify that as a weekend game when it happens. Maybe at some point in December or January
Nov 23, 2021 4:43 pm
I'd be interested also.

Having some speed up moment on a game instead of only slow down periods would be nice 🙂
Nov 23, 2021 4:53 pm
Here's the list of weekenders so far:

Bowl
Rune
Qralloq
Witchdoctor
Tim Plausible
Dr B
Windy
TheVagrant
Phil_Ozzy_Fer
Squadfather44

Two games worth even! Maybe a game or two can startup in the new year unless people are hot to trot now. We only need system ideas and GM volunteers, and I bet more people will add their names as time goes on.
Last edited November 25, 2021 3:42 am
Nov 23, 2021 5:29 pm
Quote:
We only need system ideas and GM volunteers
I might be up for running something based on either Loop/Flood or Smallville/Cortex, depending on what there is interest for.
There are some other things I'd be interested in looking at but those are the primary things (or at least first things to come to mind). I'll think about it for a bit and then might put out an early Interest Check to see what people would be most interested in.
Nov 23, 2021 5:43 pm
Sounds great Bowl!
Nov 24, 2021 5:04 pm
I'm always around on the weekends, but I can't necessarily do a lightning-round equivalent of posting. I'd be up for weekends if it were a game I knew comfortably, i.e. played for more than a few posts. Having to wade through another rule book would unfortunately slow me down. There are definitely enough participants, but does anyone have any preferred systems?

I've been giving preference to OSR-games because of time constraints, but I'd be up for SWADE or something else. Ideas?
Nov 24, 2021 5:27 pm
Excellent. I have become a fan of OSR systems and I always enjoy a SWADE game. Easy character creation is my latest thing and I think I'm sticking to it.

What other systems are people thinking about? I know Bowl likes Loop and Smallville and I'm a fan of Loop too.
Nov 24, 2021 5:34 pm
SWADE is a pretty easy and fun system that I enjoy for sure. It's definitely my "not outstanding but also never really gets in the way either" system
Nov 24, 2021 7:47 pm
I've never played SWADE, but wouldn't mind learning it. I don't have much interest in OSR fantasy, but I have a weird soft spot for old-school sci-fi (Star Frontiers is my jam). I'm also a Powered by the Apocalypse fan (Masks and Monster-of-the-Week are my favorites).

But I'll play almost anything if the game concept sounds fun.
Nov 25, 2021 2:33 am
SWADE is great, I'm running and playing in a handful of those atm. Running a game of this would be straightforward for me, even with unseasoned learners at the table, it's not hard to grok.

As a player, Tales from the Loop/Things from the Flood are really great. Smallville/Cortex are on my 'want to give a solid go' list. But I'll literally play anything except AD&D 1/2e.
Nov 25, 2021 2:44 am
I do remember being quite intrigued by Smallville when I first encountered it, but I've never played it. Likewise, I have the Firefly (Cortex+) RPG , like it in concept, but have never played it. I made a character for a Tales from the Loop PbP game, made about 5 posts, then had the game die before anything of note happened.

Which is to say, all those are interesting.
Nov 25, 2021 3:16 am
bowlofspinach says:
Quote:
We only need system ideas and GM volunteers
I might be up for running something based on either Loop/Flood or Smallville/Cortex, depending on what there is interest for.
There are some other things I'd be interested in looking at but those are the primary things (or at least first things to come to mind). I'll think about it for a bit and then might put out an early Interest Check to see what people would be most interested in.
Count me in! You always run a great game.
Nov 25, 2021 3:17 am
Would someone add me to the list of weekenders?
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.