🎲 An End to Dead Weekends?

Be sure to read and follow the guidelines for our forums.

load previous
Nov 25, 2021 4:02 pm
Squadfather44 says:
Would someone add me to the list of weekenders?
Done.

Who else would like to offer their GM services to this project, and what game system/s?
Last edited November 25, 2021 4:16 pm
Nov 25, 2021 7:11 pm
I might GM another weekend game after the current one is over - but I can really only run one game at a time.

Systems I like to run in PbF are SWADE and Cypher System, so far.
Nov 25, 2021 7:24 pm
At the speed that game is going, I don't blame you πŸ˜„
Nov 26, 2021 3:50 am
I would've been all over this a year ago when I was involved in more than 2 dozen games but finding the weekend too quiet. Nowadays I don't think I have the bandwidth to go beyond my current (playing in 2 campaigns & 1 vignette, and co-GMing 1).

Just had to chime in that I'm excited for the community that this is happening. Have fun, folks!
Nov 26, 2021 4:46 am
I'm definitely up for running something. Will post an interest check with some ideas soon (today or during the weekend)
Nov 26, 2021 1:14 pm
I'm in, if you are still open, lol
Nov 26, 2021 1:46 pm
I'll post some more concrete ideas too. I'm leaning toward a modern day urban fantasy SWADE game based on a setting called Fae Nightmares (a war between factions of magical beings).

I'll let you know more about it when I'm ready.
Nov 26, 2021 4:01 pm
Justin_Hammer says:
I'm in, if you are still open, lol
We should be able to get you in a game.
Nov 27, 2021 11:15 pm
I've got two Savage Worlds Adventure Edition (SWADE) game ideas. I'd be happy to run either for four people or so. The first would be more conducive to longer form, serious play, while the second would be a zany one-shot.
FAE NIGHTMARES
A Modern Urban Fantasy Role Playing Game with a North American Twist

Play characters who are becoming something less human and more like the beings found in stories; the Fae, monsters, gods, and everything in between.

Fae Nightmares is a Modern Urban Fantasy Role Playing Game setting for the Savage Worlds system. Fae Nightmares combines the Urban Fantasy genre’s roots in detective and horror stories, and the wonder and fear found in Fairy Tales. Players and GMs alike can draw from a wide range of legends and myths: from Celtic Fae to Native American stories; from urban myths to lumberjack tall tales. There are so many stories and inspirations that are ridiculously cool and just don’t get enough recognition!

In the midst of a shadow war between two Fae Courts in your own city, you are thrown into a world of extremes and contradiction where you must to adapt to a new reality, or perish.

The setting, Arden, was build in modular pieces so that you can play in Arden or your own home. Each sub-location has its own flavor and personality (and encounters), making a rich tapestry of locations. While set in a big city, the courts have more of a small community feel – the number of Fae and Nightmares measure in the hundreds. This, and the shape-shifting nature of many characters, have contributed to the setting being particularly gender neutral, queer & LGBT friendly.

TRAILER PARK SHARK ATTACK
You live in a trailer park, the place has flooded and now sharks ply the waters between your trailers.

The trailer park is flooded with sharks! Can you survive? Pick a character at random. If you get chewed in half by a shark, pick another β€˜Parker and keep playing.

TPSA! is a disaster shark adventure designed for use with Savage Worlds. In this fast, furious and fun adventure the GM gets to pick from three different scenarios and various scenes, complications and dilemmas to make your own special adventure in a flooded trailer park.

The adventure includes 8 incidents that the GM can weave into any of the three scenarios. Also, the Scavenging rules give the characters (we call them 'Parkers) a chance to find useful items in the flooded park. That is, 'Parkers willing to brave the shark-infested waters.
You can’t swim? You might wanna start sayin’ your prayers.

I'd like to play

Fae Nightmares
Vote to view results.
Trailer Park Shark Attack
Vote to view results.
Something else please
Vote to view results.
Nov 27, 2021 11:26 pm
I'd be up for the former but I'm in so many games with you already that others should probably get priority if there's enough interest. 'specially if I want to have room to run another game of my own in the near future.
Nov 28, 2021 11:08 pm
Well that went well, haha. Only two in any one suggestion. Perhaps we need to have a conversation about what would interest this group more.

Suggestions for a SWADE game?
Nov 29, 2021 12:14 am
That Trailer Park one sounds like good trashy fun for a one shot, in a good way πŸ˜‚
Nov 29, 2021 1:52 am
That was my thinking. It could be hilarious fun, but I'm open to any game honestly that doesn't take a day to make a character.
Nov 29, 2021 3:18 am
I think something sci-fi might be fun. We could probably run a pulpy old sci-fi game with SWADE's core book. I rarely venture into that territory, but I think it could work.
Nov 29, 2021 3:20 am
That sounds fun too!
Nov 29, 2021 4:05 am
Just to be a bit more specific, when I posted that about the sci-fi, what I had in mind was something akin to an old 1950's science fiction feature such as, Earth vs. The Flying Saucers, or something along those lines. The players would take on the roles of everyday earthlings trying to subvert an extraterrestrial threat.
Nov 29, 2021 7:13 am
Qralloq says:
I've got two Savage Worlds Adventure Edition (SWADE) game ideas. I'd be happy to run either for four people or so. The first would be more conducive to longer form, serious play, while the second would be a zany one-shot.
Not for nothin', I've heard pretty good thinks about the shark adventure...
Nov 29, 2021 7:39 am
I do love that kind of movie
Nov 30, 2021 2:42 am
All right, I'll toss up an interest check for Trailer Park Shark Attack, with an emphasis on weekend posting. You lot will get first kracken.
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.