My Unquenched Thirst...

Be sure to read and follow the guidelines for our forums.

Nov 23, 2021 7:36 pm
... For TTRPG games finally brought me here. Hello! 'Tis my introduction.

I've been playing RPG games since I was little. Around two years ago, I was invited by a friend to join their D&D table. I had never played TTRPGs and was quite uncertain about joining, all I knew about it was... Well... It had RPG in it's name so, surely, I could not go wrong.

It's been my favorite thing to play since then. It has helped me immensely in various ways, mostly through my own development as a person. I've poured many hours on this newfound hobby and, although limited by my (spare) knowledge of one single system, I yearn to explore as much possibilities as my free time allows. That's what brought me here!

I have never ever played by post. I still play on said friend's table to this day, but it has not been enough for my nerdy needs. I hope to find like minded people to share my adventures with!

/// Formalities aside, although I've been playing dnd for 2 years, I still lack knowledge over basic rules. My RP needs improving as well as my english. I've been assigned Comedic Relief by my own friends and that probably says something about me as a player. I'm very passionate about it but my brain is pretty smooth. Ultimately, my goal is to have fun and make sure everyone else is also having a great time. ^^
Nov 23, 2021 7:39 pm
Welcome, M4D!

That's probably the most common reason for people to join here: The live gaming time is just not enough! Play-By-Post is somewhat different but it's really fun. I would argue in some ways even better than live play. At least for a shy person like myself. I hope you'll enjoy your time here!

If you want to see how GP functions, here are links to the New GP Member Guide, the forum rules and this video introduction made by user Qralloq. You might also be interested in looking through some public games as well to get a feel for the site.

To join a game, keep your eyes on the Games Tavern, where GMs advertise their games and look for players.

You're also invited to join us on the Discord server for some friendly conversation, about the site, RPGs in general or anything else!

I also run a beginner's game as a quick introduction to GamersPlane and play-by-post, if you're interested.

If you have any concerns or questions, feel free to contact any of the following moderators:

bowlofspinach
CancerMan
Dramasailor
Len
Naatkinson
Qralloq
Keleth (site owner)

Happy gaming!
Nov 23, 2021 7:44 pm
Welcome to GP DancingM4D! We have a great community here and I'm sure your goals will be met as you find new games to play and enjoy.
Nov 23, 2021 8:45 pm
Welcome, welcome!
Nov 23, 2021 9:13 pm
Hey DancingM4D.

That’s how I started out two years ago. Like you, I wanted just a little more RPG between my IRL games.

My advice is to get out now. Run before the PbP gets you.

Len

Nov 23, 2021 9:45 pm
Welcome to the community!
Nov 23, 2021 9:52 pm
Welcome on board
Nov 23, 2021 10:16 pm
Welcome Aboard!
Nov 24, 2021 12:53 am
Welcome to GP, Dancing 4MD! Great community here -- hope you enjoy this side of the hobby!
Nov 24, 2021 1:05 am
Welcome DancingM4D! Hope you find singe great games to play in. Plenty of D&D goes on in these parts.
Nov 24, 2021 1:15 am
Thank you guys! What a warm welcome! lol
Adam says:
Hey DancingM4D.

That’s how I started out two years ago. Like you, I wanted just a little more RPG between my IRL games.

My advice is to get out now. Run before the PbP gets you.
I am running... Towards the tables looking for players B)
Nov 24, 2021 10:18 am
Welcome to the community, DancingM4D!
Nov 24, 2021 2:42 pm
Welcome! this is a great way to quench that TTRPG thirst!
Nov 24, 2021 2:56 pm
Welcome to the site!
Nov 25, 2021 3:55 am
Hello, and I like the Dancing Mad reference if I read that correctly.
Nov 27, 2021 9:19 pm
Hello and welcome!
Nov 27, 2021 10:42 pm
Welcome to the community!

You do not have permission to post in this thread.