New to this website

Be sure to read and follow the guidelines for our forums.

Nov 27, 2021 9:37 pm
Hello! I'm not a person who likes to talk much about me; I'm only interested in Fate Accelerated and if this matters, I'm autistic and not a native English speaker, not even speaker, just writer/listener/reader

My choices on Fate Accelerated over Condensed is that approaches already are flexible, while Skills require stunts to be used in an uncommon way, even if it makes narrative sense. All this grants more space for stunts, and even though it drains more aspects to tell what your character can do, I think that's the point of aspects, after all.

I've read a few other RPGs and the only other one I understand is "3D&T Alpha", a Brazilian RPG with no translation. It's low point-based menu system, which fascinated me at first but after Fate I see it's not for me. The character sheets seemed so empty in the character's personalities, in their uniqueness. The same character sheet could be used by almost or even completely different characters, while in Fate they would definitively be different.

I'm a person who does not like gritty, dark, gore nor horror. I'm interested mainly in superhero, but almost anything with at least one superpower I would go into, except, for example, from Naruto since it requires tons of foreign terminology.

Thank you very much for reading.
Last edited November 27, 2021 10:02 pm

Len

Nov 27, 2021 10:04 pm
Welcome to the community, Jkijale!
Nov 27, 2021 10:10 pm
Welcome, jKijale. Fate does get played here, although not commonly. There are lots of simple superhero systems, too, that you might find interesting, so keep an eye out for games.

Many people here are non-English speakers, and from the strength of your introduction, you don't look like you'll have any difficulties communicating.

I hope you find a great game to join.
Nov 27, 2021 10:31 pm
Welcome, jKijale!

If you want to see how GP functions, here are links to the New GP Member Guide, the forum rules and this video introduction made by user Qralloq. You might also be interested in looking through some public games as well to get a feel for the site.

To join a game, keep your eyes on the Games Tavern, where GMs advertise their games and look for players.

You're also invited to join us on the Discord server for some friendly conversation, about the site, RPGs in general or anything else!

I also run a beginner's game as a quick introduction to GamersPlane and play-by-post, if you're interested.

If you have any concerns or questions, feel free to contact any of the following moderators:

bowlofspinach
CancerMan
Dramasailor
Len
Naatkinson
Qralloq
Keleth (site owner)

Happy gaming!
Nov 27, 2021 10:42 pm
Welcome to GP jKijale!
Nov 27, 2021 10:42 pm
Welcome!
Nov 27, 2021 10:45 pm
Welcome!
Nov 27, 2021 11:58 pm
Hello and welcome!
Nov 28, 2021 2:38 am
Welcome! Hope you can jump into a game soon.
Nov 28, 2021 4:18 am
Welcome to GP!
Nov 28, 2021 8:41 am
Welcome.
I have a Dresden Files Accelerated book on my shelf that is not getting any use.
OOC:
Tried setting up a game some months ago, but real life would not allow it
Nov 28, 2021 8:46 am
Welcome! Enjoy your time here.
Nov 28, 2021 6:48 pm
Welcome!
Nov 28, 2021 8:17 pm
Hi there Jkijale, welcome to GP! Big fan of Fate and especially FAE here -- I've run and played in loads of Fate-powered PbP games over the years. Great system for it. Have fun running your game, and if you haven't seen the fan-created works Four Color FAE and / or Heroes Accelerated, both are worth perusing.
Nov 28, 2021 8:45 pm
Weird, I remember commenting here, but it didn't appear. Well, I basically said thank to you all!
Nov 28, 2021 10:10 pm
Welcome aboard!
Nov 29, 2021 12:32 am
Hey! You might enjoy Crystal Hearts (for SWADE). Its another book gathering dust on my shelf, but you can check it out, and the comic: https://www.uptofourplayers.com/crystal-heart-rpg/
Nov 29, 2021 12:23 pm
Hello & Welcome!
Nov 29, 2021 4:53 pm
I'm not interested in Savage Worlds, but I'll check the setting (Crystal Hearts), @crazybirdman! I've tried to read the comics, but I don't remember why I couldn't read more ^^"
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.