Gamers' Plane Heroes Needed (Inquire Within)

Be sure to read and follow the guidelines for our forums.

load previous
Dec 3, 2021 10:44 pm
I'm talking the soft stuff -- people's awareness of how things work currently vs. how they will work. Easing them into the changes, training them on new features, etc. You've done a fab job with your screenshots and Q's videos rock, but you know the drill -- when you move someone's cheese, you have to be really careful about it. I would make the change log prominent, and have it link out to documentation describing the changes, videos, etc. Doing all that is part of the reason why going slower makes some sense.

I might also be totally talking through my hat, so bear that in mind.
Dec 3, 2021 10:54 pm
Harrigan says:
I'm talking the soft stuff -- people's awareness of how things work currently vs. how they will work. Easing them into the changes, training them on new features, etc. You've done a fab job with your screenshots and Q's videos rock, but you know the drill -- when you move someone's cheese, you have to be really careful about it. I would make the change log prominent, and have it link out to documentation describing the changes, videos, etc. Doing all that is part of the reason why going slower makes some sense.

I might also be totally talking through my hat, so bear that in mind.
No. I think you’re spot on. We’re in a good place. Rune’s looking at documenting the bbcode. Len and Keleth are talking about release schedules. We have two staging sites. We’re starting 2022 in a position to catch our breath and think.

Sure, staging is filling up with future ideas, but that’s becoming an a la carte menu rather than a set meal.
Dec 4, 2021 5:25 am
That does look like a good place. Another round of thanks to you and everyone else involved in the site's evolution.
Last edited December 5, 2021 5:10 am

Len

Dec 4, 2021 6:26 pm
I've been getting some feedback on the plan I laid out earlier, and I've come to realize it fails on one of its stated goals: sustainability. It's too lock-step and controlling for a volunteer-run project, especially toward the developers. Not all the ideas there are bad, so I'll leave it up there for people to take the good stuff.

Adam's plan that he wrote about above keeps a looser connection between the developers and community but still makes sure the community can steer the site in a direction that they see as useful. It is more sustainable and practical.

I'm going to take a step back from this and take some time to think about how I can best put my efforts to give back to the community. Like Harrigan says, we're in a really good place and I look forward to seeing where we go in 2022. Thanks everyone.

You do not have permission to post in this thread.